Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Veteran
There is more from this outlet, where PF were sued in Michigan and lost for a female customer was promised private female changing facilities. Another incident where a man assaulted a women in their changing rooms

Bud light scenario may well happen

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/plan...gbn_xjDB2WZZ-CPsq_oYsjeroj34GQIstzRJtIPMZDLSt

multitool

Shaman
You've got it arse about face.

PF are suffering a decline that started months ago, with their shares dropping back down to where they were last year. ie, they've had a peak.

Your right-wing news sources are trying to generate a self-perpetuating story claiming that this drop is linked to some nonsense trans aspect.

All they need is a supply of idiots to promote their story.

Does that sound like anyone you know, Andy?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
1280px-DUBLIN_PRIDE_2015_(_YAHOO!_WERE_THERE_-_WERE_YOU_)-106289_(19257385102).jpg

icowden

Legendary Member
Having such a large knock from social media won't help them at all
That's true, but I have to agree with @multitool on this one. The thing with gymns is that they are massively seasonal. I can only find data going back to March 2023, where it was in the 70s. At the end of the summer the stock price plummets to the 40s before rallying back up around Christmas when everyone buys gym memberships again. It then begins to drop in March 2024. The drop in September was due to a change in leadership and the unexpected quitting of the boss.

That said, it has been reported that there was a drop in share price and a large number of membership cancellations after the news report about biological males being allowed into the female locker rooms - but as @multitool points out - the share price was on a slide well before the "news" was reported. There was a small rally on March 7th and then it began falling again before March 14th when it just fell further.

It's just not possible to reliably link all of the drop in share price to the reporting of the incident.

Watching her video is quite interesting. It's clear that she was uncomfortable with the transwoman shaving (her face) in the women's changing room at the gym. Although she refers to the transwoman as having a penis she does not state that he was exposing himself. She was chucked out for taking a photo in the women's locker room which is against policy.

As @monkers has pointed out previously (I think), a transwoman would usually want to fit in, and not be harassed, so shaving seems a bit of a weird thing to do.

It's been handled badly by the Gym for sure. A better management would have perhaps admonished the woman for taking photographs, but also indicated that they would be having a word with the transwoman gym member and had a polite discussion with the transwoman about their behaviour.

So whilst the Mail and NY Post are bigging up the story into more than it is, do you not think it makes a good example of why discussion is needed?

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Veteran
That's true, but I have to agree with @multitool on this one. The thing with gymns is that they are massively seasonal. I can only find data going back to March 2023, where it was in the 70s. At the end of the summer the stock price plummets to the 40s before rallying back up around Christmas when everyone buys gym memberships again. It then begins to drop in March 2024. The drop in September was due to a change in leadership and the unexpected quitting of the boss.

That said, it has been reported that there was a drop in share price and a large number of membership cancellations after the news report about biological males being allowed into the female locker rooms - but as @multitool points out - the share price was on a slide well before the "news" was reported. There was a small rally on March 7th and then it began falling again before March 14th when it just fell further.

It's just not possible to reliably link all of the drop in share price to the reporting of the incident.

Watching her video is quite interesting. It's clear that she was uncomfortable with the transwoman shaving in the women's changing room at the gym. Although she refers to the transwoman as having a penis she does not state that he was exposing himself. She was chucked out for taking a photo in the women's locker room which is against policy.

What I don't quite understand is why she didn't challenge the fact that the transwoman was shaving (i'm guessing legs rather than beard) in the first place. Surely that is what she should have raised as being weird with the staff. The suggestion is that the shaving was a performative piece of exposure around women. I don't know how normal it is for women to shave their legs in the changing room, but my guess is that that would be considered "not normal".

As @monkers has pointed out previously (I think), a transwoman would usually want to fit in, and not be harassed. I personally find it hard to believe that this person is genuinely a transwoman and more likely that it is a man pretending to be trans and openly shaving their legs to provoke a reaction and get a kick out of it. Which is why we go around in circles about the safety of women when men can access the women's facilities by pretending to be trans.

It's been handled badly by the Gym for sure. A better management would have perhaps admonished the woman for taking photographs, but also indicated that they would be having a word with the transwoman gym member and had a polite discussion with the transwoman about their creepy behaviour. There is some suggestion here that people (or at lest the gym management) are so terrified of seeming to be transphobes that there is a fear of confronting alleged transwomen being creepy or weird. That's backfired massively in this case.

So whilst the Mail and NY Post are bigging up the story into more than it is, do you not think it makes a good example of why discussion is needed?

She did challenge him, he stated he was gay or bi or something, was entitled to be there.

I believe she also challenged the gym staff. That's when they cancelled her membership.

icowden

Legendary Member
She did challenge him, he stated he was gay or bi or something, was entitled to be there.
Yes I saw that - and in that respect he was correct. I think they said they were genderqueer or somesuch.
Silva said the individual identified as “queer LGB,” thus believing “he had a right to be there".
Planet fitness identified the individual as transgender.

I believe she also challenged the gym staff. That's when they cancelled her membership.
They say:-
“Our gender identity non-discrimination policy, states that members and guests may use the gym facilities that best align with their sincere, self-reported gender identity. The member who posted on social media violated our mobile device policy that prohibits taking photos of individuals in the locker room, which resulted in their membership being terminated.”
They didn't respond when asked about this bit:-
Planet Fitness policy reads: “If a serious concern or significant doubt about the bona fides of a person’s transgender or nonbinary status/identity arises and which the team member can articulate, the team member shall address their concerns with the member. If discussion with the member fails to resolve the serious concern or doubt, the club may ask for external evidence of the member’s asserted gender identity. If it is confirmed that a member is acting in bad faith and improperly asserts a gender identity, they may be asked to leave and their membership may be terminated.”

AndyRM

Elder Goth
My mother in law is very much hoping for a payout!

Good luck to her!

They didn't seem overly optimistic about compensation on the radio. There was one caller who they had (5Live) who unhelpfully said that she'd been aware and couldn't understand the problem...

Bazzer

I thought that folk would be celebrating this rather good piece of news for women, a bit of positivity in the midst of all the doom and gloom!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68622764

Shame about the groups acronym, but there we go.
I was surprised to read in another report that the failings in communication did not lead to an injustice.
My wife would have been quite severely affected had it not been for me making checks on her behalf in the last 12 months or so and as a result, us taking appropriate steps. - My checks were only carried out as a result of reading an article some time back by the money guru Martin Lewis. There must be thousands of women who have been caught out.

multitool

Shaman
Linehan is having a mad one again

Screenshot_20240323_155356_Samsung Internet.jpg

"Handmaiden" is the cult code these ârseholes use to denigrate women. Pure misogyny.

"Let Women Speak!"

"No! Not those ones!"

Can you imagine holding up a mirror to these absolute loons and, in a rare moment of perspicacity, them being able to see themselves as the rest of the world does.

It would never happen. There's no climbing back out of that obsessive rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Top Bottom