Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
The choice of what to wear might be a person's expression of stereotypes about how the two sexes are expected to dress, or it could be just that they like those clothes. It's rather sexist to think skirt = woman in my opinion.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Sex does not have a single meaning. If you try to reduce to such you will fail. The purpose of biological sex is to enable reproduction. We have more than enough humans on earth; a few more infertile people won't endanger our species.

It's only by pretending that sex isn't biological that you can claim that men can be women.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
All I'm getting from these recent interactions is that I can carry on being non binary and living by my own tenets, which involve not being a prick about others choices.

Join the temple.

Ave Satanus.

classic33

The choice of what to wear might be a person's expression of stereotypes about how the two sexes are expected to dress, or it could be just that they like those clothes. It's rather sexist to think skirt = woman in my opinion.
And in your opinion(you can read back to find the relevant posts) a man in a dress is pretending to be a woman.
So who should, in your opinion, be wearing a dress?*

*Any answer given will be taken as being your opinion only.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
"
Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

"

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
And in your opinion(you can read back to find the relevant posts) a man in a dress is pretending to be a woman.
So who should, in your opinion, be wearing a dress?*

*Any answer given will be taken as being your opinion only.

Anybody who wants to, Classic. A man in a dress is only pretending to be a woman if he says 'I'm a woman'. And that would be true regardless of what he wears. He might just be a man who likes dresses of course. Nothing wrong with that.

monkers

Guru
Anybody who wants to, Classic. A man in a dress is only pretending to be a woman if he says 'I'm a woman'. And that would be true regardless of what he wears. He might just be a man who likes dresses of course. Nothing wrong with that.

But you only pretend to be a 'woman' don't you, because in discussion you revealed that you have no sense of being a woman. You just know that your anatomy is female. You do know that women are different to men because of your ongoing negative remarks about 'lady brains', while also noting that women have closer relationships than men.

None of your reasoning is actually rational, but then phobias are irrational fears. If hadn't been for trans women, your phobia might have been spiders, or snakes, or ''slugs and snails and puppy dog tails''.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
As being a woman is an embodied experience I don't have to pretend. I could be in a coma with no sense of anything whatsoever and I'd still be a woman.

As all our experiences are subjective, for a man to say 'I feel like a woman' is nonsensical. He has no frame of reference for what 'woman' feels like because he is male. Same for women obviously. Anything he is feeling is a male experience, because he is male. No amount of magical thinking or talk of having a different identity will change that.

monkers

Guru
As being a woman is an embodied experience I don't have to pretend. I could be in a coma with no sense of anything whatsoever and I'd still be a woman.

As all our experiences are subjective, for a man to say 'I feel like a woman' is nonsensical. He has no frame of reference for what 'woman' feels like because he is male. Same for women obviously. Anything he is feeling is a male experience, because he is male. No amount of magical thinking or talk of having a different identity will change that.

If you were in a coma, you'd be still be female - a person in a coma expresses nothing, therefore gender is as unknown as sexuality.
Oh back to your 'magical thinking' schtick. And it can't be lady brains because ladies don't have brains.

One day you might present a rational argument, but I suspect I won't be alive to see it.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
So gender really is just a feeling in your head then, because if you're in a coma you don't have one, but you still have a sex. Probably best not to let a feeling overrule material reality in law then.

monkers

Guru
So gender really is just a feeling in your head then, because if you're in a coma you don't have one, but you still have a sex. Probably best not to let a feeling overrule material reality in law then.

Oh my word, you really are an actual idiot fruitloops.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Civil service to stop hiring woke recruitment staff, forbidden using third party contractors for increasing DIE employees.

Maybe they could go back to meritocracy instead of mediocracy

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Civil service to stop hiring woke recruitment staff, forbidden using third party contractors for increasing DIE employees.

Maybe they could go back to meritocracy instead of mediocracy

Where does this illegal bit of employment jurisdiction come from?

Doesn't matter really, it's already funny that you don't understand the irony in thinking this is a good thing but your fragile snowflake common sense gender critical employees need to go to court for protection.

Or have employers bend or break employment law.

Top Bottom