Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I know, I know, puberty and all that, but this still made me giggle.

Screenshot_2024-05-12-10-59-42-57_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6~2.jpg

It also reminded me of when I had to stop playing rugby as I was a "late developer" in terms of muscle gain. On the rare occasions I was caught haring down the wing it was getting dangerous.

multitool

Pharaoh
GNaC3XfW0AAitmQ.jpeg

Civil service to stop hiring woke recruitment staff, forbidden using third party contractors for increasing DIE employees.

Maybe they could go back to meritocracy instead of mediocracy

You do know this is a statement from Esther McVey; the so called Minister for Common Sense?

Like pretty much everything HMG do now it's purely performative for the benefit of their supporters and their tame media.

In reality it won't stop people being appointed to, or remaining in, these roles. Even McVey's own statement suggests they can still be around as long as they're part of HR.

EDI roles are about getting the best out of people we know we're not getting full value from.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Since they mentioned the dreaded "gender identity" I figured this nonsense belongs in this thread:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-69013002

From what I remember I started sex-ed around the age of 8 in Scotland. It was pretty basic stuff at first, the biology of it all, before watching what was pretty much a nudist family in a variety of settings with a very retro approach to body hair.

Quite right though, educating children about sex is absolutely abhorrent. If it is to happen it must be impressed upon them that it is only for procreation, and should be done between a sheet in a dimly lit (preferably dark) room with a minimum of fuss and absolutely no enjoyment.

No mention of contraception before yr9 which means the oldest will be nearly 14.

Has Gillian Keegan seen a 14yo girl recently?

On holiday in France c2008 my son, 14, met a 12yo lass who looked 15 or 16.

Gender may, as a result of culture wars set up by the Tories, be controversial but plenty of stuff on the curriculum has alternative theories and interpretations; teachers cope.

icowden

Legendary Member
Gender may, as a result of culture wars set up by the Tories, be controversial but plenty of stuff on the curriculum has alternative theories and interpretations; teachers cope.
DEAD CAT ALAERT!!

Government wants to ban something that doesn't happen anyway! The "sex education" that happens before year 6 and which consistently makes headlines is really basic stuff like "people are different. Sam has two dads but that's fine. Let's all be happy and look after each other. Lets talk about problems etc".

I don't think they cover pegging until at least year 7...

CXRAndy

Guru
BbC wrote

It was in the Cas ruling that Semenya's specific DSD was confirmed as 46 XY 5-ARD (5-alpha-reductase deficiency). People with this particular DSD have the male XY chromosomes. Some are assigned female or male at birth depending on their external genitalia.
Semenya told BBC Sport she was "born without a uterus" and born "with internal testicles" and said: "I am a woman and have a vagina".
Cas said athletes such as Semenya with 5-ARD have "circulating testosterone at the level of the male 46 XY population and not at the level of the female 46 XX population", which gives them "a significant sporting advantage over 46 XX female athletes"

So he's a male, mis-sex'd at birth due to genetic anomaly

CXRAndy

Guru

monkers

Legendary Member
BbC wrote

It was in the Cas ruling that Semenya's specific DSD was confirmed as 46 XY 5-ARD (5-alpha-reductase deficiency). People with this particular DSD have the male XY chromosomes. Some are assigned female or male at birth depending on their external genitalia.
Semenya told BBC Sport she was "born without a uterus" and born "with internal testicles" and said: "I am a woman and have a vagina".
Cas said athletes such as Semenya with 5-ARD have "circulating testosterone at the level of the male 46 XY population and not at the level of the female 46 XX population", which gives them "a significant sporting advantage over 46 XX female athletes"

So he's a male, mis-sex'd at birth due to genetic anomaly

Cass did not rule or reveal anything about this. Caster Semenya's condition was already well documented. Intersex people (Semenya does not favour the term) are not trans people. Talk about grasping at straws to push your anti-trans bigotry further.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Cass did not rule or reveal anything about this. Caster Semenya's condition was already well documented. Intersex people (Semenya does not favour the term) are not trans people. Talk about grasping at straws to push your anti-trans bigotry further.

Semenya was discussed months ago.

I'm glad she's trying to take positive action against the authorities.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You think it's the preserve of Monkers to regurgitate stuff.

It came up in the news again because he is taking his case to the EU upper court

She's quite right to. She's not looking to compete, rather set the record straight with Cas.

I realise by the way that young Jasmine is probably talking about Drag Queen Story Hour. Which I believe is supported by the NEU but mostly takes place in libraries, when perfectly innocent people aren't hounded out by bigoted protestors.

It's a shame to see someone so young being swept up by the rhetoric and ideology of fear and misinformation.

monkers

Legendary Member
You think it's the preserve of Monkers to regurgitate stuff.

It came up in the news again because he is taking his case to the EU upper court

The regurgitation was your own and with no context to discussion. Just attempting to stir the pot as usual. Intersex people are a different cohort of people to trans people, as are drag artists. These feeble attempts to portray drag artists and people with DSDs, and trans people as all people who are variously freaks, cheats, perverts, and paedophiles is baseless and only serves to illustrate what a nasty person you are. Go and play with your conspiracy theory numbskulls like Farage who is propagating lies again for populism.

On another thread (Russell Brand) you have been seen to be defending somebody actually accused of rape as innocent until proven guilty. It's almost as if you perceive rape as being the preserve of 'real men' as you claim yourself to be; all others should step aside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom