Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
He is all over the news too,

You still don't understand algorithms

AndyRM

Elder Goth
There's literally nothing on the BBC homepage about it, which you'd think there would be considering he was the star of one of their most popular shows...

peanut.jpeg

CXRAndy

Guru

Labour has lost women’s trust over trans issues, admits Streeting​

The changes would mean applicants no longer have to show they have lived in their acquired gender for at least two years, and would only have to get approval from one doctor, rather than a panel.

On Tuesday, the shadow education secretary said trans women with penises could use female toilets under the plans.

However, a former Labour adviser said: “Labour is in a total mess about all of this. The policy positions make no sense and are deeply unpopular – they fall apart with the most cursory of questioning.

“They seem very slow to realise which way the wind is blowing on this when it comes to public opinion; you can’t face both ways in an argument.”

Most popular comment

"What it boils down to is simple. Women are at risk of sexual and physical violence from men and we feel it at an existential level. When a man walks into a female changing room or bathroom, we don’t know if he is a decent one or a dangerous one, whether he thinks he’s a woman or is actually a sexual predator or fetishist looking for an audience, whether he has a gender certificate or is still on possession of his genitalia or not. Before these insane times, a man entering a female single-sex space would have been a massive red flag. Now we are being schooled to ignore our instincts and hope for the best."

AndyRM

Elder Goth
BBC :laugh:

They're hardly going to publicise one of their own sacrificing their kid on the altar of fashionable ideology

He's what now? That's weirdly f*cked up even for you.

But yes, the BBC, who like it or not and for all their flaws remain a relatively well respected outlet.

I'd imagine the discussion about Tennant's words went something along the lines of:

"He's said what? Oh. Well fair enough, he's voicing an opinion, nothing wrong with that. It's not like he's actively seeking to push his own agenda onto the public via government is it? Leave Kemi and her thin skinned pals to their histrionics."

CXRAndy

Guru
He's what now? That's weirdly f*cked up even for you.
There seems a disproportionate amount of trans kids with 'celebs'. Must be trendy
he's voicing an opinion, nothing wrong with that. It's not like he's actively seeking to push his own agenda onto the public via government is it? Leave Kemi and her thin skinned pals to their histrionics."
Fine he could say, I've got a trans kid, but he was telling somebody else to shut up, which he's entitled to. Its blown back in his face

AndyRM

Elder Goth
There seems a disproportionate amount of trans kids with 'celebs'. Must be trendy

Fine he could say, I've got a trans kid, but he was telling somebody else to shut up, which he's entitled to. Its blown back in his face

Does there? Who else? There must be loads you can list off the top of your head...

He could (although I believe his child is non-binary, which is different), but that's nobodies business but his and his families. He was receiving an LGBT Ally award FFS, it's not like he has anything to prove.

"Well, thanks for this I really deserve it because my kid is non-binary"

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What Tennant actually said:

“I suppose if I’m honest I’m a little depressed by the fact that acknowledging that everyone has the right to be who they want to be and live their life how they want to live it as long as they’re not hurting anyone else should merit any kind of special or award or special mention because it’s common sense, isn’t it?” Tennant said in his speech. “It’s human decency. We shouldn’t live in a world where that is worth remarking on. However until we wake up and Kemi Badenoch doesn’t exist anymore — I don’t wish ill of her, I just wish her to shut up — whilst we do live in this world I am honoured to receive this.”

Kemi's response:

“A rich, lefty, white male celebrity so blinded by ideology he can’t see the optics of attacking the only Black woman in government by calling publicly for my existence to end. Tennant is one of Labour’s celebrity supporters. This is an early example of what life will be like if they win….Do not let the bigots and bullies win”

I know which one seems more rational and less defensive.

That Tennant hasn't bothered responding to her outburst says a lot.

multitool

Pharaoh
Was listening to Rest is Politics this morning. They were talking about JKR attack on Labour and saying their polling shows that it hasn't cut through. People aren't interested.

Terfism is a niche self-reinforcing clique.

multitool

Pharaoh
Bad Enoch's response is exactly what you'd expect from a culture warrior grifter. It is hugely ironic that she is 'playing the race card'.

I thought she didn't like that sort of thing.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Bad Enoch's response is exactly what you'd expect from a culture warrior grifter. It is hugely ironic that she is 'playing the race card'.

I thought she didn't like that sort of thing.

She plays a full house!

Lefty - check
Rich - check
White - check
Male - check
Bigot - check

(Nice spacing on her name btw).

Top Bottom