Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
I do enjoy an appeal to authority argument based on a 10 person bike forum.

As opposed to one single voice, yours, disregarding every other female on this forum who have stated their disagreement with you on this thread

You are ridiculous. But like every conspiracist you have abandoned objective reality*

* yes, I realise this will trigger CXR into his biological essentialism.

Some truth in what she says about parents being the ones who will cling on til the end because it's too hard to face the alternative - that you put your child on a medical and surgical pathway for something that would have resolved on its own in time.

But ... some of these parents will have been absolutely distraught and were failed by the services that should have helped them.

They went to Mermaids for help only to be told that their child was trans because they played with the wrong toys and that kids who don't get puberty blockers likely kill themselves.

They trusted the Tavistock not knowing that the whole treatment protocol for children was unevidenced.

For every homophobic parent who couldn't cope with a gay son there will be one who thought they were doing the right thing. The whole system failed these children.

As opposed to one single voice, yours, disregarding every other female on this forum who have stated their disagreement with you on this thread

You keep saying this when in reality a) if we exclude you know who, no women have given opinions on specifics like sports, prisons, or the Tavistock, and b) it's a bike forum with a single digit user base.

It's daft that you think this counts as some massive gotcha or that it indicates puberty blockers are the Will of the People or whatever.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
This is an arse end of a forum, where at least one person has admitted having a trans child in the family.

This battle is being waged out on much much bigger forums, where millions of people are seeing what has and is going on.

It's now part of women's decision making in political preferences. Legal battles are being won by women and girls done wrong by trans ideology

AndyRM

Elder Goth
That's twice now you've used hyperbolic language (recently at least) to describe the situation.

It wasn't so long ago you thought it was all just a joke and posted laughing emojis along with your posts.

For someone who decries ideology and cults, you sure have been swept up by the anti-trans side. It's pretty obvious why too, given your warped diet of social media: you've been totally brainwashed.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Or you could say enlightened to the horrific practices of trans ideology :okay:

:laugh:

I know you think you're dropping all these "scales falling from thine eyes" bombs, but you really aren't.

Those of us who have actual experience of gender non-conformity have known about the issues for some time. That it's become a political/social football in the last few years is hardly a surprise, but it is a depressing one.

multitool

Pharaoh
It's daft that you think this counts as some massive gotcha or that it indicates puberty blockers are the Will of the People or whatewhatever

That is your straw man.

My post was in response to your perpetual last ditch effort of saying " you are telling women what to say/think".

Clearly I am not, because youvare not the only woman here, but you are the only woman who holds anti-trans views.

My point is that you don't represent the voice of women, largely because you are on the shouty extremes. You see everything in a polarised extreme way. I believe you once referred to me as a TRA, which is so ridiculous as to be quite funny.

The truth is I occupy the moderate, conciliatory centre ground, as do most people, men and women. In fact, more women than men.

We don't agree precisely because you are an extremist. As an extremist your views are rigid and everyone who does not agree is 'the enemy'.

This is precisely why so many people have left the thread/forum actually citing you, personally, as the cause.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Spectator giving Tennant a lashing

"Still, it’s good that – unlike the Black Pampers – David Tennant has shown his true colours. Maybe he’ll regenerate as a decent human being one day".

Labour has lost women’s trust over trans issues, admits Streeting​

The changes would mean applicants no longer have to show they have lived in their acquired gender for at least two years, and would only have to get approval from one doctor, rather than a panel.

On Tuesday, the shadow education secretary said trans women with penises could use female toilets under the plans.

However, a former Labour adviser said: “Labour is in a total mess about all of this. The policy positions make no sense and are deeply unpopular – they fall apart with the most cursory of questioning.

“They seem very slow to realise which way the wind is blowing on this when it comes to public opinion; you can’t face both ways in an argument.”

Most popular comment

"What it boils down to is simple. Women are at risk of sexual and physical violence from men and we feel it at an existential level. When a man walks into a female changing room or bathroom, we don’t know if he is a decent one or a dangerous one, whether he thinks he’s a woman or is actually a sexual predator or fetishist looking for an audience, whether he has a gender certificate or is still on possession of his genitalia or not. Before these insane times, a man entering a female single-sex space would have been a massive red flag. Now we are being schooled to ignore our instincts and hope for the best."

The reality is that nothing in those proposals changes women's safety one jot from the position now or even before the Gender Recognition Act.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Spectator giving Tennant a lashing

"Still, it’s good that – unlike the Black Pampers – David Tennant has shown his true colours. Maybe he’ll regenerate as a decent human being one day".

A poster I actually had some time for on occasion would have described that full piece as "squawking", and he wouldn't have been wrong.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-trouble-with-david-tennant/

But then it's Julie Burchill, who has made a career out of latching onto things and smashing her weird nonsense out on a keyboard for money, which is hardly a surprise given she was married to Tony Parsons.

Weirdly, I really liked the TV adaptation of her book "Sugar Rush". Probably because it was nothing like the book.

Ian H

Guru
A poster I actually had some time for on occasion would have described that full piece as "squawking", and he wouldn't have been wrong.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-trouble-with-david-tennant/

But then it's Julie Burchill, who has made a career out of latching onto things and smashing her weird nonsense out on a keyboard for money, which is hardly a surprise given she was married to Tony Parsons.

Weirdly, I really liked the TV adaptation of her book "Sugar Rush". Probably because it was nothing like the book.

Birchill's early writing - for and about the NME for example - was funny and good, but she has long been merely gratuitously offensive.

The truth is I occupy the moderate, conciliatory centre ground, as do most people, men and women. In fact, more women than men.
You have advocated for males in women's sports, but then later on you're not quite sure about elite sports ... you've advocated for men in women's prisons but then later on you're not quite sure about the rapey ones .. you think puberty blockers are just a pause and you seem happy with the Tavistock model and the ban on exploratory therapy....

Do you think most people support some men in women's jails and some men in women's sports? Or support the affirmation model and a ban on exploratory therapy for distressed children? They might have been ambivalent in the past when they were unaware, but the more they know the less they support any of it.

This is precisely why so many people have left the thread/forum actually citing you, personally, as the cause.
Apart from Dave, who was mostly quite sensible, they haven't.

People who never even posted on this thread have stopped posting on Naca but not on main CC, so perhaps it's the overall atmosphere here that's changed.

Do you ever consider that it's you who has made this whole forum far less pleasant?

Last edited:
Top Bottom