Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 50 year old trans identified male swimmer from Canada is still entering the comps aimed at teenage girls/young women by the way. Came second in a comp last month against teenage girls. How many 50 year old men in the changing rooms and pool with girls and young women is too many? My number would be one.

Screenshot_20240628_184406_Chrome.jpg

'He didn't win so that shows it's not really a problem'.

Proportion of arrests within each group, for the same offences. Still a higher arrest rate for Violence Against The Person by females
Higher arrest rate of a very much smaller number of arrests. It's like saying 55 out of 100 arrests is worse than 300 out of 1000. I'm giving up on trying to explain it now.

How do you know what I think, just because I don't think that you should have what you demand, when demanded.
What I want is for women's single sex spaces and services to exclude all men, however they identify. You've defended men being in women's jails, services, sports, and women not being allowed to specify a same sex carer. That has given me an inkling as to what you think.

classic33

Higher arrest rate of a very much smaller number of arrests. It's like saying 55 out of 100 arrests is worse than 300 out of 1000. I'm giving up on trying to explain it now.

What I want is for women's single sex spaces and services to exclude all men, however they identify. You've defended men being in women's jails, services, sports, and women not being allowed to specify a same sex carer. That has given me an inkling as to what you think.
And the arrest figures were posted by myself. Which gave a higher figure on total arrests.

You have no idea lass.

If the state decides that legally, due to an application made by someone else, that person is a women and therefore to be treated as such, who are you to say that the state is wrong?
Maybe you should be looking at the women responsible for what happened.

As for the rest of your accusations, please show where those things have been said.

The poll in question had a fairly biased framing of the question.

"When voters were asked which issues they felt “politicians are talking too much about”, the poll found that “the debate about transgender people” came top with 38%. Some 27% felt it was being given “the right amount” of time, 19% didn’t know, and 16% felt it wasn’t talked about enough".

If it had been framed as a question on women's rights or single sex spaces being important it might have elicited a difference response. Luke Tryl, the director of the survey company, was former head of Education at Stonewall.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
In any general election people are going to be concerned mainly about those issues that either do impact on them personally, or they think are likely to.
The issue of transgender rights is important, but directly affects very few people because of the small numbers who are or may at some time be transgender so, possibly selfishly, it is not considered important enough to figure in voting intentions other than with those who consider themselves activists on one side or the other.
It takes up a huge amount of time and energy on this small forum which is not reflected in wider society.
Who knows what the future may bring but for this election at least it is virtually a non issue…except for the activists and dedicated followers of forums.

multitool

Pharaoh
The poll in question had a fairly biased framing of the question.

What you really mean is that it didn't fit  your biases.
"When voters were asked which issues they felt “politicians are talking too much about”, the poll found that “the debate about transgender people” came top with 38%. Some 27% felt it was being given “the right amount” of time, 19% didn’t know, and 16% felt it wasn’t talked about enough".

If it had been framed as a question on women's rights or single sex spaces being important it might have elicited a difference response.

But it wasnt and it didnt. It elicited the response that people regard trans issues as being so utterly unimportant as to not be above the bottom 2%.

As Ive said repeatedly, people sucked into cults have their minds bent to the point that their particular hobby horse becomes the most important thing in their life and they cannot even conceive that other people think differently. Doesnt matter what the hobby horse is; trans people, vaccines, climate denial, 5g, illuminati, its the same phenomen.

And when all else fails they'll try to discredit the messenger, like Aurora does here...

Luke Tryl, the director of the survey company, was former head of Education at Stonewall.

Luke Tryl has been many things.
Luke Tryl was Director, Corporate Strategy at Ofsted February 2017 to February 2019. In that role he oversaw the development and implementation of Ofsted’s strategic priorities, as well as the organisation’s research function and external relations.

Before Ofsted, Luke was Special Adviser to Nicky Morgan at the Department for Education and he has also been a Director of Public Policy Projects at an independent think tank.

multitool

Pharaoh
The issue of transgender rights is important, but directly affects very few people because of the small numbers who are or may at some time be transgender so

Haven't you heard?

The are hordes of them. And they are all heading for a woman's space near you.

Screenshot_20240629_134751_Samsung Internet.jpg

What you really mean is that it didn't fit  your biases.
But it wasnt and it didnt. It elicited the response that people regard trans issues as being so utterly unimportant as to not be above the bottom 2%.
It was framed in a particular way and as such got a particular response. If it had been framed in a different way, or as a more specific question, the answers may have been different.

As such, it's hardly proof of your continual claim that nobody but a tiny number of right wing fascist bigots care about women's rights in respect of single sex spaces.

As Ive said repeatedly, people sucked into cults have their minds bent to the point that their particular hobby horse becomes the most important thing in their life and they cannot even conceive that other people think differently. Doesnt matter what the hobby horse is; trans people, vaccines, climate denial, 5g, illuminati, its the same phenomen.

It's hardly evidence of being in a cult that you think 50 year old men shouldn't be changing with and swimming in comps with girls. 99% of the population are in that cult.

You have to frame it that way though because it's beyond you to see this as a women's rights issue. You just see it from the angle that some men aren't getting what they want and it doesn't matter that the only people who are being told to move over are women and girls.

Pointless asking, but you could try thinking about it as a women's rights issue rather than a trans identified men's rights issue.

multitool

Pharaoh
Your entire post is just flannel and diversion, and the funniest thing is...you know it.

Actually that's not the funniest thing. Even funnier is that the poll sample will have comprised of 50% women.

Normal women.

Not that special tiny subset of women like you who are distinctively threatened by the dreaded trans women. :laugh:

Have you ever thought that maybe you should just stop talking and listen to women?

But you aren't part of a cult though. Oh no.

Last edited:
Your entire post is just flannel and diversion, and the funniest thing is...you know it.
Nothing to worry about then. You can let the women who want to get on with campaigning on the things that matter to them.

Not that special tiny subset of women like you who are distinctively threatened by the dreaded trans women.

:laugh:
Men. They're men just like other men are. They present women with the same concerns that other men do.

Have you ever thought that maybe you should just stop talking and listen to women?

But you aren't part of a cult though. Oh no.

It's finally listening to women, rather than men, that has made women's rights an issue.

I'll keep listening to the experiences of the those in refuges, prison governors, legal experts, medical experts, and all the other voices of women in what you call a hate cult, thanks. They are infinitely more clued up on the issues than you are.

Top Bottom