Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
No emojis any more from the laughing emoji boy who was just 'having a laugh'. It's now blatant trolling, with memes and fascist like propaganda. Trans erasure was always the programme, with the insistence that the majority of people support his views.
Eh? Um... can you let us know who you are referring to? No-one has suggested trans erasure.

A number of surveys show that potholes concern people more than the fascist cries about drag queen story time, women's spaces, the woke blob, etc that the Tories are focussing on. While the surveys also show that the issues and concerns that people are focussed on are the same things that the Tories are failing at ...
Well yes. That's hardly a surprise.

bobzmyunkle

A number of surveys show that potholes concern people more than the fascist cries about drag queen story time, women's spaces, the woke blob, etc that the Tories are focussing on
The pothole thread is on the other channel if you're interested.

monkers

Guru
No-one has suggested trans erasure.

No? How close does fascism have to creep up on you before you recognise its ugly face.

One poster has gone from just here having a laugh to this ..

It's the insidious creep of the trans movement, eroding the definition of woman.

It has to be stopped, reverse the access to women's spaces.

Curtailing the medical conversion of children is a start, but corporate/government capture needs addressing too

Fascism doesn't just turn up one day, it arrives by stealth.

Take a look at laws being passed under the Tories in the UK who have been intent on removal of the human rights of UK citizens and international citizens.

Yesterday the High Court ended the false claims against Trudi Warner brought by the Solicitor General, and ridiculed them.

I've referred to the yo-yo effect recently. Members and former members of government writing books in support of removal of human rights, while claiming to be brought down by ''the woke blob'' of ''lefty lawyers, judges and senior civil servants'' as they attempt to defend our human rights.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Veteran
I believe that women's safe spaces are worth far more than a fringe cult.

If that makes me in your eyes a fascist, bigot, whatever, so be it.

I will wear the monikers with pride

:biggrin:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Unless you're making badges, you can't wear a moniker.

Or maybe you're confused and thinking about a monocle, which would actually be quite fitting.

CXRAndy

Veteran

View: https://twitter.com/CoachCaroline/status/1782776596094456093?t=CQDfzh-cmB8iP5VGpu41EQ&s=19

Germany allowing newborn s to self ID. Hardly self ID, how can a baby know it's sex -munchausen by proxy parents

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
My problem is that, having read back through this thread, it seems the more reasonable people are the less other people respond to them.

It is particularly galling though that the F word is being writ so large. Last time I raised that spectre was in a discussion about the direction of UK party politics towards jingoism, and I got my knuckles rapped.

Collectively, people with critical thinking skills are wasting their lives by continuing 'discussion' with gender critical people.

Truth, logic and reason are just barriers to what they want. Truth, logic and reason must be abandoned on the altar of their justification for bigotry...

... Politicians no longer focus on the wellbeing of constituents or nation building, electoral success relies on division, and that means spreading more hatred. The politicians in the news are those who shout their hate the loudest and most often. Those who do not, the public could not even name.

Those who refuse to play the game are bullied or harassed until their leave the scene, as seen in this place.

Please explain to me where I have expressed bigotry? I am rather afeared that other terms could be substituted for 'gender critical' in the above, with deeply unsavoury import. Even the DWP in its 'claim UC or else' letter respects my right to equal treatment regardless of my 'beliefs' - weasel words of course.

While I am not keen to bring this debate to the level of the toilet either, and I am aware that some gender critical people do - shame! - body image is a bit of a social construct isn't it? I'd be damned if I let this society get its handle on mine.

The trend is both social media based and combined with a therapy culture that is obsessed with self and happiness

Last edited:

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
You've yet to prove how TW affect your life. You can't and you know it.

In three ways -

- by emphasising gender difference, where I find this emphasis causes people to become more fixed in their ideas that there is a more or less intrinsic mental difference between women and men.

- by, in some cases, also reinforcing the stereotypes of different appropriate costumes for women and men. I believe the world will be a better, more diverse place if these matters of appearance were irrelevant.

- again, in some cases, by denying that I have a right to express a difference of opinion on the importance of gender difference. This restricts debate on other ways we can work together towards liberation.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
My problem is that, having read back through this thread, it seems the more reasonable people are the less other people respond to them.

I'd tend to agree with that. Quite often we seem to get a little along a more balanced line of discussion before someone comes along with some rabid anti-trans social media post and we're back where we started.

And as for posting the positive achievements of women in sport, forget about it! Apparently protests at West Virginian high schools are more interesting.

But on that note, we have three women in the main draw at the Madrid Open, which is pretty good, and I can't remember when that last happened. To be honest though the state of tennis in the UK is pretty poor, it is in general really but we have been spoiled with some of the best players in the open era over the last decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/articles/ceklx1m8r1xo

Top Bottom