Hellhounds

Should there be a ban on breeding, selling and owning XL Bullies?

• Maiming machines with no place in public space - ban them now.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • It's not the dogs, it's the owners! Here's a pic of my toddler sitting on my harmless land shark.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Never mind what kind, dogs in public should be muzzled and on leads.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • A ban sounds appealing, but it's bad law. I'll explain why and suggest alternatives below.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'd like to see them banned, but I can't bring myself to back Suella Braverman.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Police are now saying that enforcing the XL Bully ban is proving very difficult. Another thing they now have to enforce when they haven't the resources to Police everything esle to the required standard.

A blind man on a galloping horse could have told you this would be difficult.

The Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, enacted after a previous furore over Bull Terrier type dogs, Pit Bulls, is widely quoted as an example of how NOT to do legislation. I worked later, after he was unseated in 1997, with one of the Members of the Cabinet at the time - he was quite honest about how it came about.

matticus

Guru

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Perhaps every man's sexual technique should be appraised by an XL Bully.
Maybe, rather than being destroyed, XL Bullies could be re-trained to work for Ofsted.

Ian H

Guru

Not really my thing, but he does have a magnificent organ. He'd need four hands to do it justice.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Well, she'd still be alive if they'd been Chihuahuas.

My meaning was, if you read the article, the Police are "investigating" what breed the dogs were (they have been shot, I believe), why does it matter what the breed was, the owner had two dangerously out of control dogs, which killed a woman. Manslaughter charge, at least. Or would it have to be Womanslaughter, or Personslaughter?

Ian H

Guru
My meaning was, if you read the article, the Police are "investigating" what breed the dogs were (they have been shot, I believe), why does it matter what the breed was, the owner had two dangerously out of control dogs, which killed a woman. Manslaughter charge, at least. Or would it have to be Womanslaughter, or Personslaughter?

spade.jpg

Beebo

Veteran
Jaywick innit. I’ve only ever been once, but it’s one of the most deprived areas in the country.
Dangerous dogs do seem to be very much a male working class issue in areas of deprivation.

Top Bottom