How or Why is an Octopus toy Considered Antisemitic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
It’s an image that the Daily Mail was happy to use for naked anti-semitism before they saw an opportunity to give GT a kicking. How’s this for a “Jewish bankers run the world” story, complete with cartoon.

Screenshots so you don’t have to click the link if you’re squeamish.

View attachment 4831

View attachment 4832
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...oldman-Sachs-chiefs-pulling-levers-power.html

Yep, but somehow the usual suspects don't get offended, though this is a text book case of the antisemitic trope.

mudsticks

Squire
I don't take her seriously. I did, however, find myself reacting to Calvin Robinson talking about Brexit ...

It's tediously predictable how middle aged guys rubbish Greta, an "Don't take her seriously" or words to that effect.

She has been commendably persistent all along, in just saying "Listen to the scientists"

The climate scientists that is, who have been warning of the dangers of climate change for the whole of my concious lifetime.

They can't predict exactly what will happen, because we're dealing with a whole living system situation, impossible to fully replicate under lab conditions.
But the evidence is there that we are in deep doo doo, and need to act fast (should have done decades ago, but we all know who stood in the way of meaningful change right

It may be that Greta's neuro divergence, has meant that she's not been easily knocked off track from her message.
As would be the case with many.of her age being subject to such sustained attack from @rshols.

She learnt about climate change as most kids do in any well run science department in any sensible school.

And was then bothered enough (quite rightly so) to put her logic and care to good use, with great energy and commitment to her 'school strikes' which have since invigorated wider movements, particularly the youth - who are quite rightly also very concerned about what the scientists are telling us..

Yes many young people care about the future of a livable planet - good for them. Why wouldn't they???

The fact that some people find this annoying, and try to make up stories about Greta being coerced, or abused, or mad or a puppet or whatever else they dream up to deflect or distract tells us everything about them.

Pretty much zero about Greta, apart from the fact that she's an effective motivator.

It may well also be telling about the underlying prejudices about, young people, women, and neurodivergence, that many hold, yet wouldn't admit to possessing.

The Greta being antisemitic because she has a stuffed octopus is bullc@rp 'reporting' of the highest order.

ebikeerwidnes

It's tediously predictable how middle aged guys rubbish Greta, an "Don't take her seriously" or words to that effect.

She has been commendably persistent all along, in just saying "Listen to the scientists"

The climate scientists that is, who have been warning of the dangers of climate change for the whole of my concious lifetime.

They can't predict exactly what will happen, because we're dealing with a whole living system situation, impossible to fully replicate under lab conditions.
But the evidence is there that we are in deep doo doo, and need to act fast (should have done decades ago, but we all know who stood in the way of meaningful change right

It may be that Greta's neuro divergence, has meant that she's not been easily knocked off track from her message.
As would be the case with many.of her age being subject to such sustained attack from @rshols.

She learnt about climate change as most kids do in any well run science department in any sensible school.

And was then bothered enough (quite rightly so) to put her logic and care to good use, with great energy and commitment to her 'school strikes' which have since invigorated wider movements, particularly the youth - who are quite rightly also very concerned about what the scientists are telling us..

Yes many young people care about the future of a livable planet - good for them. Why wouldn't they???

The fact that some people find this annoying, and try to make up stories about Greta being coerced, or abused, or mad or a puppet or whatever else they dream up to deflect or distract tells us everything about them.

Pretty much zero about Greta, apart from the fact that she's an effective motivator.

It may well also be telling about the underlying prejudices about, young people, women, and neurodivergence, that many hold, yet wouldn't admit to possessing.

The Greta being antisemitic because she has a stuffed octopus is bullc@rp 'reporting' of the highest order.

Exactly

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
How could anybody take her speech to the UN seriously. When I was her age I wouldn't have had a clue how to solve world problems, which in those days involved the real possibility of nuclear war. She is a privileged westerner from Sweden. If someone from the developing world had spoken it would have been different.
Also Unkraut: "I do think it is of concern that she is gaining power and influence without responsibility"
I thought I would get some response like this! I don't know how this is reported in the UK but climate alarmism is almost without exception being touted by girls. Luisa Neubauer, an advisor to Thunberg, being one of them. She appears occasionally on my favourite talk show Markus Lanz. Usually articulate, but on one occasion I switched off being fed up with the fear-induced Angst. Panicking rather than keeping a cool head won't help.

It's not that I don't think the young shouldn't have their say, but they haven't started work yet, don't have to worry about taxation and job security, and haven't started a family with all the responsibility that brings. Middle class enough not to suffer much if energy prices are driven up, a luxury the traditional working class doesn't have.

The elephant in the room to me is that nothing Britain or Germany do regarding CO2 is going to make any real difference if the East doesn't get its act together. This never seems to get mentioned.

If Neubauer is on again I shall listen all the way through just to keep the assembled brethren here happy!

mudsticks

Squire
How could anybody take her speech to the UN seriously. When I was her age I wouldn't have had a clue how to solve world problems, which in those days involved the real possibility of nuclear war. She is a privileged westerner from Sweden. If someone from the developing world had spoken it would have been different.

I thought I would get some response like this! I don't know how this is reported in the UK but climate alarmism is almost without exception being touted by girls. Luisa Neubauer, an advisor to Thunberg, being one of them. She appears occasionally on my favourite talk show Markus Lanz. Usually articulate, but on one occasion I switched off being fed up with the fear-induced Angst. Panicking rather than keeping a cool head won't help.

It's not that I don't think the young shouldn't have their say, but they haven't started work yet, don't have to worry about taxation and job security, and haven't started a family with all the responsibility that brings. Middle class enough not to suffer much if energy prices are driven up, a luxury the traditional working class doesn't have.

The elephant in the room to me is that nothing Britain or Germany do regarding CO2 is going to make any real difference if the East doesn't get its act together. This never seems to get mentioned.

If Neubauer is on again I shall listen all the way through just to keep the assembled brethren here happy!

Oh dear krauters you are hilariously transparent in both your ignorance, and your prejudices.

You think hundreds of people from the global south haven't spoken at the UN on the urgency of tackling climate change ??

Were you hanging on their every word?

And thinking "Ah yes, I can see how the depredations of climate change are affecting these people right now, I'll get behind some serious action now "

This issue has been around for a long time, Thunberg and her dogged one girl persistence just happened to catch a moment, and got her wider media attention.

Often of course it garners negative attention from those who don't want to hear unpleasant truths - especially from those so peeved at it being a troublesome woman talking !! .

Turns out we too are able to do and read science and have a strong opinion on these things too.

The fact that we care about other people, and their futures is not an exclusively female trait by any means, I know many men in this movement too - but maybe, on seeing who gets to speak has been so gender biased up to now they don't always feel they have to be the spokespeople.

You think we the environmentally concerned youth, and even not so young, don't also work, pay taxes, have families to concern themselves with.??

The reason I do the work I do to make my own living, is directly related to my environmental concerns.
Producing healthy food in a more environmentally and socially just way, and campaigning for more of this so more people can eat better whilst doing less harm.

It's the direct opposite of the 'elite' and middle class niche which so many often claim.

A society based on renewable energy could be much more affordable for everyone - but that wouldn't suit those who profit massively from oil revenues - at great cost to others.

Anyhoo up, I have to go and practice some of what I 'preach'..

Top Bottom