How or Why is an Octopus toy Considered Antisemitic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
This young woman is so annoying she makes people want to set fire to the entire planet. Blimey, she is powerful isn't she?

Well obviously, I mean even since I posted the above I'm sure at least 50 CC'ers have set fire to their bins in protest at my outspokenness.

I mean you've always got to find a woman to blame, for the sins of the fathers, right??

So quite naturally, true to expected form, I'm currently engaged in tempting the local innocents from the 'true path' in the time honoured fashion..

PXL_20231028_095008915.MP~2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: C R

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
You think hundreds of people from the global south haven't spoken at the UN on the urgency of tackling climate change ??
I'm sure they do, but Thunberg is the public face of this.
And thinking "Ah yes, I can see how the depredations of climate change are affecting these people right now,
I thought that the depredations were supposed to start in the second half of the century, and assumed the higher rate of warming the IPCC prognosticated, which in any event has now been reduced - some good news at least.

Judith Curry a relevantly qualified lukewarm sceptic, claims having read the last IPCC report that the jury is out on the connection between extreme weather and an increase in temperature. Listening to the scientists in this regard does not at present lead to catastrophism or excessive alarmism.

You're into agriculture - increasing CO2 improves productivity, doesn't it, so it is not all bad news.

Thunberg and her dogged one girl persistence just happened to catch a moment, and got her wider media attention.
I don't think this just happened. You don't need to believe in conspiracy theories to see the possibility of a well-oiled (sorry!) marketing and publicity machine having kicked in here.
on seeing who gets to speak has been so gender biased up to now
I've said about my observation that on this side of the Channel the activists who get to speak on the telly are 95% female. Seems strange when the young are so obsessed with gender equality or even equity. Makes me wonder is something else is going on behind the scenes. Is it really about girl power or group think rather than just climate? Are women more vulnerable to fear-mongering? Maybe, maybe not.
Anyhoo up, I have to go and practice some of what I 'preach'..
I am very pleased to hear it! You really are a rarity in my observation.

Interstingly there was a dust up between Thunberg and the German Greens not long ago when she was in favour of retaining nuclear power for at least a while. I agree with her on that even though I understand reservations about its safety. It did cause some consternation that the 'prophetess' was taking a different view.

The Greens are obsessively against this and have ensured it will be next to impossible ever to implement it, but if the coming decades were ever to be as bad as they claim they might, this decision is utterly irrational. You could use it to bridge the gap between sufficient renewables being available and current generation. Instead brown coal is having to be used, hardly environmentally friendly.

ebikeerwidnes

Well obviously, I mean even since I posted the above I'm sure at least 50 CC'ers have set fire to their bins in protest at my outspokenness.

I mean you've always got to find a woman to blame, for the sins of the fathers, right??

So quite naturally, true to expected form, I'm currently engaged in tempting the local innocents from the 'true path' in the time honoured fashion..

View attachment 4844

I have to agree that it is always bloomin' women going on about this

I mean Al Gore is clearly a teenage woman

and the first I heard about it was a final year lecture course on my Chemistry degree course
Lecturer was a young girl - OK OK he has grey hair in a 1950s style, old skin and wore an old suit and claimed to be a well respected Atmospheric Chemist with lots of papers and research projects to his (sorry her) name going back a decade and more
but CLEARLY a school age girl

Pretty sure every other climate alarmist I have seen has also been a teenage girl in disguise
damn sneaky these teenagers - I used to be a teacher so I know this

doesn;t take a lot of research to see who is doing the alarming

but it does affect the young more than the old - I am not over bothered if my coffin gets washed out to sea a few decades after I snuff it
the grandkids however might have a bit of a problem

Oh - BTW - above post may contain sarcasm

bobzmyunkle

I've said about my observation that on this side of the Channel the activists who get to speak on the telly are 95% female
Bloody hell @Unkraut I believe you might be onto something here. Wasn't it that Eve woman who started all our woes in the first place?
If only that God bloke had created another bloke to keep Adam company.
Actually he wasn't keen on that sort of thing so you can see his dilemma.
Anyhow, what about a tune from one of those woman creatures to help pass a damp Saturday afternoon

View: https://youtu.be/j7sodwiQJ6c?si=u6j5P0uNM897M3uj

• Laugh

lazybloke

Regular
You're into agriculture - increasing CO2 improves productivity, doesn't it, so it is not all bad news.

Not sure the extra CO2 increases the yield enough to offset the damage done by "freak" (translation: increasingly regular) weather events.

mudsticks

Squire

So much misinformation in your post it's hard to know where to start..
But on the CO2..

For the avoidance of doubt, no, increased CO2 leading to climate change, desertification, extreme and unpredictable weather, loss of biodiversity in soils and ecosystems in general, and much else besides is terrible news for agriculture.

It's already having an effect, measurably.

However agriculture, land use, food systems in general,are one field of human endeavour that could (if done properly) go from being a net contributor of GHGs, to a net absorber..

But the 'done properly' is a massive IF.

Which is why many of us are working on bringing about change in agricultural practices to enable soil building, carbon sequestration into soil and continuous cover cropping, reduction in oil derived inputs, and reducing the use of heavy machinery.
Using good grazing techniques, and nutrient recycling, short supply chains, minimising wastage in the system etc etc.

In addition to trying to build better climate change resilience into the systems we already operate to produce good food.

Which all sounds great, right..??

Except - much of the above is contrary to what industrialised agriculture does atm .

And it doesn't make much money for the extractive middle man, from either selling inputs, or squeezing the farm gate price.

So its generally lobbied against by those who would preserve the present (carbon heavy) status quo.

Of course I've already written extensively on all this here, and elsewhere .

But yes I know..
A woman..So clearly knows nothing of import 🙄

Bloody hell @Unkraut I believe you might be onto something here. Wasn't it that Eve woman who started all our woes in the first place?
If only that God bloke had created another bloke to keep Adam company.
Actually he wasn't keen on that sort of thing so you can see his dilemma.
Anyhow, what about a tune from one of those woman creatures to help pass a damp Saturday afternoon

View: https://youtu.be/j7sodwiQJ6c?si=u6j5P0uNM897M3uj

Yes, hence the apples.

Not sure the extra CO2 increases the yield enough to offset the damage done by "freak" (translation: increasingly regular) weather events.

Quite.

mudsticks

Squire

You'd think this might stop happening to a woman, after she's chalked up a good number of years of experience.

But no, sadly its still a fairly routine commonplace..

But dare bring it up??

"Oh stop making a fuss, stop making it about gender" 🙄

I didn't see the connection. But then it wasn't an apple ...

No you're quite right it wasn't an apple was it..

..in fact it wasn't any kind of fruit 🍑

Because it's all a load of old hogwash, designed to appeal to folks who want to justify patriachal systems of woman blaming.

Essentially blaming women for those behaviours which are, in fact, attributable to men.

matticus

Guru
And when, elsewhere perhaps, they are 95% male you don't even notice.

well exactly - I have no idea if it's a delibearte tactic ( to help spread what @Unkraut calls "propaganda"), but it clearly generates attention.

Hard to criticise them for it! (at least until *I* want to get on Telly. I just bet Mudsticks will grab all the camera time ... bluddy wimmin ... )

• Laugh

mudsticks

Squire
well exactly - I have no idea if it's a delibearte tactic ( to help spread what @Unkraut calls "propaganda"), but it clearly generates attention.

Hard to criticise them for it! (at least until *I* want to get on Telly. I just bet Mudsticks will grab all the camera time ... bluddy wimmin ... )

Have at it Matty boy.

I am forced in front of a camera from time to time, but it's not my natural home by any means.

I don't mind standing up in front of a room full of people, but it's taken me a long while to feel at all ok on screen.

Top Bottom