Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I wasn’t around for WW2 either, although, a near miss. By “our” I meant UK and it’s Allies, but you knew that.

My remark was partly meant to highlight the distinction between people, states and organisations which is particularly apt when we're discussing Jews / Israelis / Israeli Govt / IDF and Muslims / Palestinians / Hamas / Palestinian government. But also I wanted to acknowledge that these atrocities can be quite close to home. My grandfather flew in Lancasters in the second world war and contributed to the razing of German cities. Amongst all the rhetoric, calls for genocide, claims of defence, the dehumanisation, demands for condemnation and the general lopsidedness of the situation, it's good to remember that there's not much space between us and them, 'them' being perpetrators as well as victims.

But that's all a bit wordy.

winjim

Takes me back a few years. I once introduced a new female colleague to a Jewish colleague and friend. Afterwards, alone, I remarked that he had a fellow Jewish colleague to promote Jewish points of interest (holidays, festivals). He remarked in that dry sense of humour that Jews are famous for, “Nah, she’s the wrong sort of Jew”.

Apparently, she got her Jewishness from her father, whereas Jewish identity is usually obtained from the mother.

That's how I've always understood it. I have a friend with a Jewish father and a Shiksa* for a mother. She herself is not Jewish.

*her words, or more precisely her Jewish grandmother's...

Re: babies
Bit of misinformation this way, the two quotes on the top use it to claim, there might be none, however if you read the original quote (3rd) it says at least, so no doubt about the number of 40 but possibly/likely even more.

But hey, never mis a good opportunity to go ''hey lying Isreali baby killers, look this are Isreali's killing paletinian babies, absolutly not reported by reporters with a Hamas hun in their neck''

Disgusting you should be ashamed of yourself

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
My remark was partly meant to highlight the distinction between people, states and organisations which is particularly apt when we're discussing Jews / Israelis / Israeli Govt / IDF and Muslims / Palestinians / Hamas / Palestinian government. But also I wanted to acknowledge that these atrocities can be quite close to home. My grandfather flew in Lancasters in the second world war and contributed to the razing of German cities. Amongst all the rhetoric, calls for genocide, claims of defence, the dehumanisation, demands for condemnation and the general lopsidedness of the situation, it's good to remember that there's not much space between us and them, 'them' being perpetrators as well as victims.

But that's all a bit wordy.

True, I thought I implied pretty much the same, in fewer words. Never mind, we aren’t charged by the word here. Just as well for some posters. 😊

winjim

Bit of misinformation this way, the two quotes on the top use it to claim, there might be none, however if you read the original quote (3rd) it says at least, so no doubt about the number of 40 but possibly/likely even more.

But hey, never mis a good opportunity to go ''hey lying Isreali baby killers, look this are Isreali's killing paletinian babies, absolutly not reported by reporters with a Hamas hun in their neck''

Disgusting you should be ashamed of yourself

I don't understand this.

Israeli forces kill Palestinian children. It's in the report I linked to upthread. I'm afraid I can't translate your post well enough to reply more extensively than that.

I don't understand this.
Your quote shows 3 twitter posters, one claiming it's all fake, the other questioning it and the 3rd with the actual quote.
the first, goes all dailymail misreading the original tweet and claiming it could be none at all, adn saying something like no evidence
the second play it down a bit too, the third is an journalist there on the spot and alltough she couldn't stomach to look at it herself some of her collegues did. so the no evidence claim is out of the big thumb

D

Deleted member 49

I’ll attempt to offer some justification.

What Hamas did was deliberately target civilians. Totally unacceptable to everyone sensible person.

Israel, like every other state, will never be so stupid as to deliberately do that. They will target “military sites” and civilians will die as collateral damage because war is a dangerous and ugly thing, and missiles aren’t that accurate.

Sadly, “Hamas started it” is all most people will be thinking. The average Joe in the street has no idea or interest of their long struggle.
I very much doubt there's anyone here who wouldn't agree with you about the horrific attacks by Hamas on civilians,it's shocking for me anyway as is all war and killing.
But you can support Palestine without supporting Hamas.The same way I can support a united Ireland without thinking everything the IRA did was good and justified. Innocent civilians should never be targeted or suffer.But you are mistaken thinking Israel doesn't target civilians...they definitely do.From kidnapping kids and imprisoning them for throwing rocks to ethnic cleansing. and using phosphorus in urban areas,they commit war crimes and nobody seems to bat an eye.

winjim

Your quote shows 3 twitter posters, one claiming it's all fake, the other questioning it and the 3rd with the actual quote.
the first, goes all dailymail misreading the original tweet and claiming it could be none at all, adn saying something like no evidence
the second play it down a bit too, the third is an journalist there on the spot and alltough she couldn't stomach to look at it herself some of her collegues did. so the no evidence claim is out of the big thumb

What? The reporter's source was an Israeli soldier. That's the point. There's no actual unbiased evidence of the incident. It's unconfirmed and potentially Israeli propaganda but is being uncritically repeated on threads like this one.

Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't but I ain't taking the IDF's word for it. The IDF kill kids, you know.

What? The reporter's source was an Israeli soldier. That's the point. There's no actual unbiased evidence of the incident. It's unconfirmed and potentially Israeli propaganda but is being uncritically repeated on threads like this one.

Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't but I ain't taking the IDF's word for it. The IDF kill kids, you know.
You missed the point that multiple journalist have seen it too, very horrific, done in a way to dishonor the Jewish tradition crib (which has a special name i forgot.)
Is that a leftie thing? only hearing/reading the lines that suit your narrative?

winjim

You missed the point that multiple journalist have seen it too, very horrific, done in a way to dishonor the Jewish tradition crib (which has a special name i forgot.)
Is that a leftie thing? only hearing/reading the lines that suit your narrative?

You've lost me. Which journalists?

Milzy

IMG_2944.jpeg

Top Bottom