Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Watching this unfold what has struck me is just how quickly the horror of Oct 7 has been forgotten. I listened to part of a John Anderson interview with Douglas Murray who described what he had seen of the footage available of the massacre, and to be honest it made me feel physically sick. It was wholly evil and impossible to justify. Celebrating it beggars belief.

It is legitimate to criticise the Israeli response, no-one actually likes it, though all too easy for comfortable westerners whose existence is not under threat. But what exactly is a proportional response other than what has been done? Deliberately target and torture Gazan civilians in a similar manner? Is critical race theory at work here, the Israelis are the oppressors and the Palestinians the oppressed, that latter exempting them from ever doing anything wrong in their response?

Apologist James White claimed, and I haven't had time to check it, that some 52% of 18 to 24 year olds in America are unaware of the holocaust. Gavin Ashenden asked what exactly does the expression 'free Palestine' actually mean? The west bank as a Palestinian state, or that plus the Gaza strip, or does is mean the whole originally disputed territory, perhaps with the whole area gradually becoming Judenrein?

Why have there been no protests around the world about the Syrian conflict claiming half a million lives, or some 230 000 thousand in Yemen? Isn't this inconsistent? I think these are legitimate questions, and whilst some out on the streets may be sincere, I can't help but wonder if a lot of it is mass groupthink egged on by tiktok moments and getting likes on social media.

bobzmyunkle

Celebrating it beggars belief.
Who? Where?

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Who? Where?

It's been on Germany telly news and discussion programmes. Surely in the UK as well?

I found this in English and I have little reason to doubt its overall accuracy at least as far as Germany goes:

https://www.meforum.org/65155/european-islamists-ignore-or-celebrate-hamas

To be fair I seen an interview with a Muslim who did decry the violence, perhaps also realising the intensely sensative nature of this here, a coungtry which still has a guilty conscience about where hating Jews can lead.

Ian H

Legendary Member
It's been on Germany telly news and discussion programmes. Surely in the UK as well?

I found this in English and I have little reason to doubt its overall accuracy at least as far as Germany goes:

To be fair I seen an interview with a Muslim who did decry the violence, perhaps also realising the intensely sensative nature of this here, a coungtry which still has a guilty conscience about where hating Jews can lead.

How many people around the world appear to be actively encouraging the Israelis to more violence; and government ministers describing Palestinians as animals?

Milzy

How many people around the world appear to be actively encouraging the Israelis to more violence; and government ministers describing Palestinians as animals?

Everyone on my farcebook are pro Palestinian. I’ve been busy with work and cycling/walking and not heard about it for about 5 days now. Usually life is good when I’m detached from the MSM.

Celebrating it beggars belief.
A handful at most have done that here.

whilst some out on the streets may be sincere
You think you can get half a million insincere people to march?

To be fair I seen an interview with a Muslim who did decry the violence, perhaps also realising the intensely sensative nature of this here
Are you really saying they only decried it for PR purposes? What makes you think that?

And anyway, why should a random Muslim be expected to take responsibility for the actions of Hamas? Are you responsible for attacks carried out by right wing Christian terrorists?

Poacher

Regular

The Middle East Forum that was quoted approvingly by Anders Breivik in his "manifesto" before he went and murdered over 70 people in cold blood?
The Middle East Forum that bankrolled "Tommy Robinson"?
The Middle East Forum (masquerading as a charity for tax purposes) with a subsidiary called the "Israel Victory Project"?
That Middle East Forum?
F**k me @Unkraut, you're even further down the rabbit hole than I suspected.
Is that the sort of company that devout Christians turn to to support their views?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
A handful at most have done that here.

You think you can get half a million insincere people to march?

Are you really saying they only decried it for PR purposes? What makes you think that?

And anyway, why should a random Muslim be expected to take responsibility for the actions of Hamas? Are you responsible for attacks carried out by right wing Christian terrorists?

Good question. Are random Jews responsible for the actions of Israeli government or the IDF

D

Deleted member 159

Another tunnel found at shifa hospital. This comes with 10m depth , power and armoured door with shooting hole. IDF using robot camera to ascertain threat

Top Bottom