Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Terror tunnels" :laugh:

Don’t laugh, it’s pretty scary.

View: https://youtu.be/hlrcOHHcO2s

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
There are some 30000 Israeli troops in gaza. The entire of gaza is 141 sq miles. That's 212 troops per sq miles if fully occupied. Not including the estimated 100,000 Israeli reserves sitting near gaza. Yet Hamas have enough room and stealth to fire rockets with all the Israeli armed forced eyes and intelligence on a very small area!? Either calling bullshît staged propaganda or extreme incompetence on an almost comedic level...

By similar reasoning, the approximate population of Gaza is 2million, taking your figure of 141 sq miles, that is approximately 14,000 people per square mile. If we say 50% are children, that is 7,000 adults per square mile, and, they were all oblivious to the Hamas preparations, training sessions and rehearsals for the attack on Israel? Yes, almost comedic.

multitool

By similar reasoning, the approximate population of Gaza is 2million, taking your figure of 141 sq miles, that is approximately 14,000 people per square mile. If we say 50% are children, that is 7,000 adults per square mile, and, they were all oblivious to the Hamas preparations, training sessions and rehearsals for the attack on Israel? Yes, almost comedic.

Well, apparently IDF intelligence were.

Curiously, though, they seem to know the residences of Hamas fighters, don't they.

Doesn't add up.

Well, apparently IDF intelligence were.

Curiously, though, they seem to know the residences of Hamas fighters, don't they.

Doesn't add up.
If you would actually read into the matters instead of just joining a random protest, you would have known that there is a difference between how normal gazan's live and how the terrorist live. (terrorist have clean water, thanks UN! Gazan children die off dirty water thanks Hamas!)
And then there also is the concept that despite missing the terror attacks from the 7 of October doesn't render all the things they did before useless, an thus it might well be they already mapped where the a-holes live before.

If you would actually read into the matters instead of just joining a random protest, you would have known that there is a difference between how normal gazan's live and how the terrorist live. (terrorist have clean water, thanks UN! Gazan children die off dirty water thanks Hamas!)
And then there also is the concept that despite missing the terror attacks from the 7 of October doesn't render all the things they did before useless, an thus it might well be they already mapped where the a-holes live before.

Again I ask, evidence for this?

BTW, is this you?

trolls.jpg

D

Deleted member 121

Civilians are not armed combatants i think its fair to say and most with their families are unlikely to get involved with armed combatants from either side through fear of reprisal... I have my own specific views on the initial attack on Israel which i wont go into here. However, given that Israel have access to the latest technology in satellite imagery, an extensive spy drone industry which the IDF is heavily invested in and in which the British Army have heavily invested in such as the Watchkeeper WK450 ISTAR drone, derived from the Israel efforts and almost certainly access to the best in western intelligence systems that it seems unlikely in this tiny area, of which a large portion is occupied a missile attack would be able to be conducted in secret. Naturally, cries of terror tunnels are likely to be shouted by Billy Orange there, but these missiles are not RPG's and even their most basic missile would need to have their firing solutions set up. The very least you would expect is the location of such a terror tunnel to be revealed nearby, missiles tend to leave a trail from their fired location for a surprisingly long time if there is little wind which is essentially a beacon to their location. Im not saying Hamas are unique and brilliant military strategists, but if their aim is to hide in terror tunnels, this seems an incredibly dumb move...

albion

Guru
Dumb moves are endemic.
The rewriting of the term 'Antisemitic' by Israel itself was dumb as was the support of that insanity from the west.
With the path of this conflict seemingly going as I expected we are now at Insane Evil Israel.

Israel are certainly dumber than even the DUP who themselves never entered evil territory.
Sadly, clouds are on the distant horizon.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Civilians are not armed combatants i think its fair to say and most with their families are unlikely to get involved with armed combatants from either side through fear of reprisal... I have my own specific views on the initial attack on Israel which i wont go into here. However, given that Israel have access to the latest technology in satellite imagery, an extensive spy drone industry which the IDF is heavily invested in and in which the British Army have heavily invested in such as the Watchkeeper WK450 ISTAR drone, derived from the Israel efforts and almost certainly access to the best in western intelligence systems that it seems unlikely in this tiny area, of which a large portion is occupied a missile attack would be able to be conducted in secret. Naturally, cries of terror tunnels are likely to be shouted by Billy Orange there, but these missiles are not RPG's and even their most basic missile would need to have their firing solutions set up. The very least you would expect is the location of such a terror tunnel to be revealed nearby, missiles tend to leave a trail from their fired location for a surprisingly long time if there is little wind which is essentially a beacon to their location. Im not saying Hamas are unique and brilliant military strategists, but if their aim is to hide in terror tunnels, this seems an incredibly dumb move...

I wasn't referring to Hamas's prowess and/or expertise.

I was saying that in such a small densely populated area (as you yourself implied), it seems unlikely to me that no-one noticed a large number of armed men practicing their war games.

In my personal experience, most "security" is undermined by simple human frailty.

multitool

The tenor of reporting is changing considerably now, as expected after break in ceasefire. Far more critical approach to interviews with Israeli spokespeople rather than blanket acceptance, although Kuenessberg allowed Regev to claim that Israeli care taken to avoid civilian casualties was at an "unprecedented" level.

Nor sure what will happen now. The Israels have pushed the Gazans out of Gaza City, to the south, and are now bombing the south very heavily. Really, only US pressure will change things considering that it is the US that arms Israel.

Top Bottom