Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
David Cameron's attempt at being Blair.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...david-camerons-ear?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

One difficulty among many, [Seidemann] said, was that “isolated satellite [settlements] is where the ideologically hardcore and sometimes violent settlers live … Those that are willing to be relocated do not need to be relocated and those that do need to be relocated are unwilling to move and will fight.

CXRAndy

Guru
Not found/unavailable. Oh dear Eli. Another fail for conspiracy theorist nutters.

I cant help if you turn up to the dinner late, and all the food has gone. Others saw it, before it was pulled- cant imagine why :laugh:

Snooze you lose

Purely because it serves China's interests and not because China conducts itself on the basis of what is ethical.

FTFY.

Purely because it serves China's interests and not because China conducts itself on the basis of what is ethical. See also the Qighur.

Do you know, as recent as 2018, the US was bombing the Uyghurs near the Chinese border?

The irony / hypocrisy of the American pivot, forever wars in the Middle East, aiding abetting Israel, while supporting Muslim separatists (and indeed other separatists in Taiwan and Hongkong) in China is obviously lost to most in the West. Somehow such Western narratives are preferred to Islamic countries'...

I guess people also see nothing wrong when the 'Uyghur World Congress' found it appropriate to blame the victims in Gaza, and nobody else.

Can't say the dark force isn't strong, can we?

the snail

FTFY.

Do you know, as recent as 2018, the US was bombing the Uyghurs near the Chinese border?

The irony / hypocrisy of the American pivot, forever wars in the Middle East, aiding abetting Israel, while supporting Muslim separatists (and indeed other separatists in Taiwan and Hongkong) in China is obviously lost to most in the West. Somehow such Western narratives are preferred to Islamic countries'...

I guess people also see nothing wrong when the 'Uyghur World Congress' found it appropriate to blame the victims in Gaza, and nobody else.

Can't say the dark force isn't strong, can we?

Jeebus, listening to you is like being back in the student union in 1980. China conducts itself purely on the basis of what suits the CCP. But they aren't friends of the evil Americans, so they must be the good guys, right?

Jeebus, listening to you is like being back in the student union in 1980. China conducts itself purely on the basis of what suits the CCP. But they aren't friends of the evil Americans, so they must be the good guys, right?

I was never interested in politics when a student, presumably your experience shows you were, but unfortunately it would appear your ability to make your point has probably gone backwards, or was never any good - like putting words in my mouth, while providing zero evidence or cogent argument to address my comments. Do grow up. Or is it because you have no argument that can survive scrutiny?

Mearsheimer has given I think an honest assessment and prediction for Gaza, no matter how unpalatable, as a response to questions in relation to his superb legal and moral assessment recently.

The man being amongst the sharpest geopolitical analyst alive is not only demonstrated by his long prediction regarding NATO expansion and Ukraine, him and Stephen Walt were also prescience, not to mention hugely courageous in the face of ostracism and personal attacks (not unlike after his apportion of blame for 24 Feb 2022), in raising the corrosive effects of the Israel Lobby to US foreign policy in 2006. An interesting presentation and Q&A a year or so after can be found here.

albion

Guru
I think things started to go pear shaped back when the defitintion of antisemitism got absurdly rewritten.

Whilst it is hard to believe things can get any worse, I imagine all round bad things will really escalate from this.

• Sad
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom