Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I was set up by a farmer friend of mine in Pembrokeshire once. She said "Claud, come and help me feed the cows", and we got on the tractor and rattled out to what to looked like an empty field, with trees around the edge. She said "I'll do the silage, you do the treacle", and handed me a flagon of molasses to fill a container with a ball valve in the middle of a field. Still no sign of cows. She clambered on top of the bales at the top of the hill, and I ambled off to the container with my sugary cargo. Not a cow in sight.

The ambush came the second I unscrewed the cap of the treacle flagon, heralded only by an abrupt bovine chorus from the tree-line on all sides. Macbeth must have felt similar at Dunsinane when Macduff's army finally dropped their boughs. Cows were upon me, from all directions, excitable, advancing at speed. My friend was still atop the bales, clutching her sides and rolling around with glee. The hordes had only sugar on their tiny minds, and I had the sugar. I was being nudged. Bigly. My only option was to pour.

Cows have very rough tongues.

Perhaps the treacle saved the day? https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/woman-out-walking-dogs-trampled-27784604

multitool

Pharaoh
https://x.com/Resist_05/status/1742006363113549991?s=20

Imagine having the confidence to be a govt minister promoting genocide as 'humane'.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Ian H

Guru
Netanyahu, too, has learned from Germany’s postwar efforts at whitewashing. In 2015 he claimed that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem had persuaded Hitler to murder rather than simply expel the Jews. Three years later, after initially criticising a move by the Law and Justice Party in Poland to criminalise references to Polish collaboration, he endorsed the law making such references punishable by a fine. He has since legitimised Shoah revisionism in Lithuania and Hungary, commending both countries for their valiant struggle against antisemitism. (Efraim Zuroff, a historian who has helped bring many former Nazis to trial, compared this to ‘praising the Ku Klux Klan for improving racial relations in the South’.) More recently, Netanyahu accompanied Elon Musk to one of the kibbutzim targeted by Hamas, just days after Musk tweeted in support of an antisemitic conspiracy theory. Since 7 October, he has seemed to be reading from the Eichmann trial script. He regularly announces that he is fighting the ‘new Nazis’ in Gaza in order to save ‘Western civilisation’, while others in his cohort of Jewish supremacists keep up a supporting chorus. The people of Gaza are ‘subhuman’, ‘animals’, ‘Nazis’.
https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v46/n01/pankaj-mishra/memory-failure

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yeah, stirring up Hezbollah is a brilliant move.

Reading reports, it seems that once again Israel are neither willing to confirm nor deny they are responsible, which considering their position on Hamas is utterly ridiculous, and cowardly. Own your sh!t.

multitool

Pharaoh
This is, in part, a proxy war.

• Sad

CXRAndy

Guru
Palestinians have enabled and facilitated hamas, millions of dollars have been squandered by hamas building tunnels, weapons, cushy lifestyle for the hamas groups. People did nothing except help build this regime

Yeah, stirring up Hezbollah is a brilliant move.

Reading reports, it seems that once again Israel are neither willing to confirm nor deny they are responsible, which considering their position on Hamas is utterly ridiculous, and cowardly. Own your sh!t.
They already did a few months ago when they declared Hamas leaders will have no place to hide in this world.. a other one bites the dust...

I very much doubt Hezbollah want what is being dished out on hamas currently
Exactly,

This is, in part, a proxy war.
Jup and Iran is being shown, their funded terrorist are weak AF. There are reports that, Egypt Saudi's and possibly Jordan are looking to take over after Hamas, that would poor some cold water on Iran's strategy...
If by Hamas you mean Palestinian civilians then I agree.
If they targeted all if Palestine without watching out for civilians their victim count under civilians would be a tenfold(at least) higher, not saying they should be without criticism.
But then you should also mention that Hamas says ''saferty of civilians is Isreal's and the UN's responsibility'' wasn't it you that said something about victim blaming?
Especially the Israelis, as it happens. Ask the Qataris.

So by your logic the Israelis bear responsibility for what is happening in Gaza.

ps. I @multitool am a cûnt ;)
That is indeed true, at some point the Isreali's decided to fund/aid Hamas in order to cause disruption on the west bank. does not take anything away from @CXRAndy point tough, it only highlights that there are multiple parties involved.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So why haven't they come out and straight up said "Yep, we killed that dude." instead of their "surgical strike" bullsh!t.

As for looking out for civilians, are they sh!te. Telling people to head south, then bombing the south. Great way to look out for people.

Top Bottom