Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Best tag me three times, eh, in case I'm failing to grasp the urgency of your demands?

Is a question a demand?

How is she glorifying Hamas? Where has anyone glorified Hamas?
If you where consistent and hold glorifying Hamas to the same standards as glorifying Isreal about everyone in this topic, but it isn't so you can all say hamas is great and still claim it's not gloryfying Hamas. But calling something an resistance movement when it very clearly both in their fouding and current manifesto is a terrorist organiation is one of them. (not saying there are no palestinians fighting somekind of ''resistance'' just saying that Hamas sure as hell aint part of them)
Your second point about there being no occupation is just plain bollocks.
evidence warning requires reading
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Declaration_of_Independence
the British handed the issue over to the recently established United Nations. The result was Resolution 181(II), a plan to partition Palestine into Independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem. The Jewish state was to receive around 56% of the land area of Mandate Palestine, encompassing 82% of the Jewish population, though it would be separated from Jerusalem. The plan was accepted by most of the Jewish population, but rejected by much of the Arab populace. On 29 November 1947, the resolution to recommend to the United Kingdom, as the mandatory Power for Palestine, and to all other Members of the United Nations the adoption and implementation, with regard to the future government of Palestine, of the Plan of Partition with Economic Union was put to a vote in the United Nations General Assembly.[7]

The result was 33 to 13 in favour of the resolution, with 10 abstentions. Resolution 181(II): PART I: Future constitution and government of Palestine: A. TERMINATION OF MANDATE, PARTITION AND INDEPENDENCE: Clause 3 provides:

Independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem, ... shall come into existence in Palestine two months after the evacuation of the armed forces of the mandatory Power has been completed but in any case not later than 1 October 1948.

The Arab countries (all of which had opposed the plan) proposed to query the International Court of Justice on the competence of the General Assembly to partition a country, but the resolution was rejected.

So my point stands you can't claimed something is occupied if you haven't have the right in the first place. they rejected the partition, started a war and lost, and then expect the original deal to be honored, doesn't work that way.

You seem to have missed my earlier post, so I'll have to repeat myself.

View attachment 5386
i'm not deaf i'm just ignoring you..

She is doing no such thing, you're just putting words in others' mouths, again.

Again, nobody is glorifying or thinks Hamas is great.
f you where consistent and hold glorifying Hamas to the same standards as glorifying Isreal about everyone in this topic, but it isn't so you can all say hamas is great and still claim it's not gloryfying Hamas. But calling something an resistance movement when it very clearly both in their fouding and current manifesto is a terrorist organiation is one of them. (not saying there are no palestinians fighting somekind of ''resistance'' just saying that Hamas sure as hell aint part of them)(yes i just copied what i said above to the same question from a other poster)
Israel clearly doesn't give a f*ck about peace either.
How many rockets would Isreal fire into Gaza if they didn't started? how many soldiers would have entered Gaza of 7 October didn't happen? zero
With that in mind, how does your last sentence even make sense? Hamas and the IDF are doing the exact same thing. Only one has the financial clout of a world power backing it up.
Idf finds and kills Hamas terrorist, on 7 October Hamas killed, raped, tortured every isreali in sight, including babies, children etc. et.c how is that the same?

I wonder at what point people will realise that the Balfour Agreement was a colossal mistake?
Lots of arguments can be made about that, but even you agree it is an mistake, should Israel then be forced to disband or something?
Because the ones that didn't agree and started a war and lost and therefore didn't get what they wanted? They could have stayed on the negotiating table and try to get an better deal but they refused so the outcome is their bed to lay in.

This is rich, coming from the guy too cowardly to name any alleged supporters of Hamas after he claims this thread has lots of them.

Nothing new for you.
How cute an tatrum because you earlier didn't get the answer you wanted..

AndyRM

Elder Goth
If you where consistent and hold glorifying Hamas to the same standards as glorifying Isreal about everyone in this topic, but it isn't so you can all say hamas is great and still claim it's not gloryfying Hamas. But calling something an resistance movement when it very clearly both in their fouding and current manifesto is a terrorist organiation is one of them. (not saying there are no palestinians fighting somekind of ''resistance'' just saying that Hamas sure as hell aint part of them)

evidence warning requires reading

So my point stands you can't claimed something is occupied if you haven't have the right in the first place. they rejected the partition, started a war and lost, and then expect the original deal to be honored, doesn't work that way.

i'm not deaf i'm just ignoring you..

f you where consistent and hold glorifying Hamas to the same standards as glorifying Isreal about everyone in this topic, but it isn't so you can all say hamas is great and still claim it's not gloryfying Hamas. But calling something an resistance movement when it very clearly both in their fouding and current manifesto is a terrorist organiation is one of them. (not saying there are no palestinians fighting somekind of ''resistance'' just saying that Hamas sure as hell aint part of them)(yes i just copied what i said above to the same question from a other poster)

How many rockets would Isreal fire into Gaza if they didn't started? how many soldiers would have entered Gaza of 7 October didn't happen? zero

Idf finds and kills Hamas terrorist, on 7 October Hamas killed, raped, tortured every isreali in sight, including babies, children etc. et.c how is that the same?

Lots of arguments can be made about that, but even you agree it is an mistake, should Israel then be forced to disband or something?
Because the ones that didn't agree and started a war and lost and therefore didn't get what they wanted? They could have stayed on the negotiating table and try to get an better deal but they refused so the outcome is their bed to lay in.

How cute an tatrum because you earlier didn't get the answer you wanted..

At some point, you're going to have to accept that nobody on this thread is glorifying Hamas, or calling them great.

Yes, the Balfour Agreement was a mistake, but I don't think you've understood why I'm saying that it was.

Reactions: C R
Explain me something....
Britain no longer has a merchant marine, owns few shipping lines, crews few cargo ships. Why the fark is it only us and the yanks 'defending' other peoples interests in the Red Sea?
It's not our problem. Let others do the dirty work...or at least turn-up and help out....

D

Deleted member 121

Explain me something....
Britain no longer has a merchant marine, owns few shipping lines, crews few cargo ships. Why the fark is it only us and the yanks 'defending' other peoples interests in the Red Sea?
It's not our problem. Let others do the dirty work...or at least turn-up and help out....

Britain does have a merchant marine. The second largest UK port registered fleet in Europe in fact. I'm with you on the sentiment though although the UK chamber of shipping is a principle member of the international chamber of shipping which also houses its headquarters in the UK and represents 80% of global shipping. There perhaps is a moral obligation to help keep shipments flowing but there us no legal obligation to help police shipping lanes around the world. But if there is a turkey shoot at sea, who are we to turn down the opportunity, once again?

Last edited by a moderator:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Explain me something....

We may no longer build, own and crew the ships, but, we are dependant on their cargo.

But, I do agree, it would be better if the team was a little more international.

Britain does have a merchant marine. The second largest UK port registered fleet in Europe in fact. I'm with you on the sentiment though although the UK chamber of shipping is a principle member of the international chamber of shipping which also houses its headquarters in the UK and represents 80% of global shipping. There perhaps is a moral obligation to help keep shipments flowing but there us no legal obligation to help police shipping lanes around the world. But if there is a turkey shoot at sea, who are we to turn down the opportunity, once again?

Fair points.
But when you look at the top 10 shipping companies it woukd appear we're doing some pretty hefty lifting on their behalf....

https://www.allthingssupplychain.com/the-10-biggest-shipping-companies-in-the-world/

matticus

Guru
Time to post this again?

hamilton.jpg

multitool

ICJ ruling means that the ICJ has agreed to put Israel on trial for genocide, and it has ordered Israel to cease acts of genocide.

Matticus will be along soon to add this to his list of erroneous definitions of genocide. Silly old ICJ. What would they know about law?

Last edited:
Top Bottom