Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Soho theatre bans comedian for his anti Israel pile on of Jewish audience member.

His career is over-good :okay:

Paul Currie? You'll love it when you discover their pronouns...

This is interesting though, because you approve of this cancellation, but on the gender thread got all upset about Glinner.

So do we just stop everyone who might be offended by something in the art world then? We might as well just close all creative venues down now.

D

Deleted member 159

Paul Currie? You'll love it when you discover their pronouns...

This is interesting though, because you approve of this cancellation, but on the gender thread got all upset about Glinner.

So do we just stop everyone who might be offended by something in the art world then? We might as well just close all creative venues down now.

This wasn't being offended, he(Currie) encouraged the crowd to pile on the Jewish audience member. I don't think Glinner has suggested or done that.

You can correct me if you wish^_^

AndyRM

Elder Goth
This wasn't being offended, he(Currie) encouraged the crowd to pile on the Jewish audience member. I don't think Glinner has suggested or done that.

You can correct me if you wish^_^

No, he didn't. Well, not according to the report I read here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68290650

Glinner routinely uses his various platforms, perhaps not to encourage, but certainly knowing full well that what he does will create "pile-ons". Then he gets all butthurt and moans about it.

It's like Glinner, Fox, Petersen etc are in an unironic whinge fest about snowflakes.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
No, he didn't. Well, not according to the report I read here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68290650

Nor in the other reports I’ve read.

It appears Currie noticed that one man in the audience hadn’t stood up along with all the others and asked him why. When the man responded, “I enjoyed your show until you brought out the Palestinian flag,”, Currie told him, “I’m from Northern Ireland, we know all about ceasefire, get the f*ck out of my show,” and shouted repeatedly, “get the f*ck out of here”.

The man, whom it turns out was an Israeli, got up and left with some companions.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Nor in the other reports I’ve read.

It appears Currie noticed that one man in the audience hadn’t stood up along with all the others and asked him why. When the man responded, “I enjoyed your show until you brought out the Palestinian flag,”, Currie told him, “I’m from Northern Ireland, we know all about ceasefire, get the f*ck out of my show,” and shouted repeatedly, “get the f*ck out of here”.

The man, whom it turns out was an Israeli, got up and left with some companions.

Mmmm, I read that one too. Doubt that Currie will give much of a toss to be honest. Or that his career is over.

The Crofted Crest

If I were a habitual liar an an irredeemable shitlord, I too would post claims like this with no link or source.

Wouldn't you be a shitlady, irremeediably or otherwise (oh, thought be perished)?

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
He gave them a 12 month conditional discharge, which is hardly walking free.

The investigation of Ikram has already been closed.

But hold on, I thought that liking controversial social media posts was cool, or does that only apply to social workers who do that on gender critical ones?

Top Bottom