Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

Judge who failed to punish the 3 Hamas supporters has been found supporting Palestine according to reports . Official complaint has been raised

View: https://twitter.com/ArchRose90/status/1757809424943448341?t=3qAloC0MbmHVV6z-VpMBiw&s=19

Nobody has reported anything. As usual, just the rabid media types stirring up búllshit to create headlines for the likes of Andy to wake up to and read whilst shítting out last nights meal. "liking" a post is not evidence of anything.

D

Deleted member 159

Nobody has reported anything. As usual, just the rabid media types stirring up búllshit to create headlines for the likes of Andy to wake up to and read whilst shítting out last nights meal. "liking" a post is not evidence of anything.

The Times- must be right wing paper :laugh:

On Wednesday senior legal figures including a former home secretary and a Jewish campaign group criticised Ikram and called for a review of the sentencing. Downing Street said that it had referred the case to the attorney-general, describing the sentencing decision as “deeply troubling”.11 hours ago

D

Deleted member 121

The Times- must be right wing paper :laugh:

On Wednesday senior legal figures including a former home secretary and a Jewish campaign group criticised Ikram and called for a review of the sentencing. Downing Street said that it had referred the case to the attorney-general, describing the sentencing decision as “deeply troubling”.11 hours ago

Nope, it's behind a paywall. Besides, i would rather suggest you are talking about the actual sentencing rather than the "liking" of the post. I really couldn't image even those turds in downing street to report of a post liking... You idiot.

D

Deleted member 159

Nope, it's behind a paywall. Besides, i would rather suggest you are talking about the actual sentencing rather than the "liking" of the post. I really couldn't image even those turds in downing street to report of a post liking... You idiot.

Sentencing to be reviewed because of potential bias of Judge. Potentially serious for the perpetrators and very serious for the judge if found to be biased.

D

Deleted member 121

Sentencing to be reviewed because of potential bias of Judge. Potentially serious for the perpetrators and very serious for the judge if found to be biased.

On the official press releases there is nothing.

There is no official word on this. Just journalistic word salad again....

AndyRM

Elder Goth

So let me get this straight. You think that he's biased and therefore in the shoot because he (quite reasonably IMO) sentenced the 3 women to a 12 month conditional discharge (I assume you know what this actually means) and liked some stuff on social media?

Get a grip.

D

Deleted member 159

On the official press releases there is nothing.

There is no official word on this. Just journalistic word salad again....

This is from the Times. Most on here ridicule the news source instead of the piece. Now a supposedly reputable news outlet 'prints' this and you deny the validity

Downing Street said that it had referred the case to the attorney-general, describing the sentencing decision as “deeply troubling”.11 hours ago

D

Deleted member 121

This is from the Times. Most on here ridicule the news source instead of the piece. Now a supposedly reputable news outlet 'prints' this and you deny the validity

Downing Street said that it had referred the case to the attorney-general, describing the sentencing decision as “deeply troubling”.11 hours ago

I've not said anything specifically about the times other than its behind a paywall... Besides, I'm not going over all this again...

matticus

Guru
Nor in the other reports I’ve read.

It appears Currie noticed that one man in the audience hadn’t stood up along with all the others and asked him why. When the man responded, “I enjoyed your show until you brought out the Palestinian flag,”, Currie told him, “I’m from Northern Ireland, we know all about ceasefire, get the f*ck out of my show,” and shouted repeatedly, “get the f*ck out of here”.

The man, whom it turns out was an Israeli, got up and left with some companions.

So let's get this clear; leaving Mr Linehan out of this for the mo (I assume he wasn't in The Soho Theatre?), do you (or @AndyRM ) think this is reasonable behaviour for an empassioned performer? Bear in mind these were paying punters, not attendees of a rally/protest.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So let's get this clear; leaving Mr Linehan out of this for the mo (I assume he wasn't in The Soho Theatre?), do you (or @AndyRM ) think this is reasonable behaviour for an empassioned performer? Bear in mind these were paying punters, not attendees of a rally/protest.

Yes.

The punter engaged with the performer when questioned, didn't like the response and left. He didn't have to, nor was he "piled on" to. And there isn't any suggestion of anti-Semitism from the perfomer.

As I said above, we may as well give up on performing arts now if you can't hack being told to f*ck off at a gig.

D

Deleted member 159

It appears that Soho theatre will never allow Currie to appear there again.

So it must be pretty serious for the owners to ban a performer

D

Deleted member 159

Or perhaps they consider that in the current climate, it would be bad for business were they to remain neutral, or even support the performer?

Of course its bad for business to support Hamas/Palestine- anybody could tell that.

Top Bottom