Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Crofted Crest

This is from the Times. Most on here ridicule the news source instead of the piece. Now a supposedly reputable news outlet 'prints' this and you deny the validity

Downing Street said that it had referred the case to the attorney-general, describing the sentencing decision as “deeply troubling”.11 hours ago

What's deeply disturbing is the government, again, thinking it has the right to interfere in the judiciary in pursuit of its questionable politics.

D

Deleted member 159

If you believe the judiciary are independent of the government, is it disturbing?

matticus

Guru
Yes.

The punter engaged with the performer when questioned, didn't like the response and left. He didn't have to, nor was he "piled on" to. And there isn't any suggestion of anti-Semitism from the perfomer.

As I said above, we may as well give up on performing arts now if you can't hack being told to f*ck off at a gig.
That really is the most astonishing re-framing of events! Well done, a career in satire awaits.

(Your 2nd para is pretty farking mental as well. Just for the record ... )

D

Deleted member 159

I believe it should be. The fact the government thinks it is above the law is disturbing.

A complaint has been sent to the judiciary. If they assess and feel that poor judgement/bias played a part in the sentencing. It's upto them to decide the appropriate punishment.

As I understand, anyone can raise a complaint against a sentence issued from a court.

D

Deleted member 159

A bit more information. The judge Tan Ikram likely will face disciplinary after judges were informed last year they must recuse themselves from cases where they believe they have a strong opinion.

D

Deleted member 159

He obviously doesn't believe his personal opinions bore any influence on the sentence he passed.

That's true

AndyRM

Elder Goth
That's true

Your opinion on the conflict is pretty clear, so let's play "You are the Judge".

What would you, in your unbiased position, have done?

A suspended sentence/conditional discharge, put them in prison at great expense or something else?

D

Deleted member 159

Your opinion on the conflict is pretty clear, so let's play "You are the Judge".

What would you, in your unbiased position, have done?

A suspended sentence/conditional discharge, put them in prison at great expense or something else?

Oooh, If I were a judge

1000010337.gif

3 months prison sentence

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Oooh, If I were a judge

View attachment 5491

3 months prison sentence

I'm not sure you can even give out a sentence that low for what is apparently being deemed as a "terrorist offence", but here we go!

The average cost of a place in prison is £47,000 p.a. (give or take).

So that's £36k of tax payers money giving them room and board for three months, with almost no chance of rehabilitation and a high chance of re-offending.

Well done, Patrick (you chose the gif, not me!). Your laziness and inferior intelligence has shone through brightly.

D

Deleted member 159

So that's £36k of tax payers money giving them room and board for three months, with almost no chance of rehabilitation and a high chance of re-offending.

Doubt it, well worth the deterrent factor alone.

Remember the Dartford crossing protestors , got 3 years in prison. Don't see anyone blocking major road networks scaling building structures

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Doubt it, well worth the deterrent factor alone.

Remember the Dartford crossing protestors , got 3 years in prison. Don't see anyone blocking major road networks scaling building structures

Not that they're in any way comparable, but yes I do.

Top Bottom