Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
He should go and join the Glinner and Lozza pity party.

Only he won't.

Because he's not a f*cking snowflake.

Reactions: C R

Poacher

Regular
At this pace telling the truth is going to be already considered antisemitic.
FTFY

AndyRM

Elder Goth
This is gonna sound flippant as f*ck, but I got as far as "ethnic cleansing" and started thinking about James Blunt.

matticus

Guru
Mr Currie produced two flags at the end of his performance, one Ukrainian and the other Palestinian.

For some reason, the presence of one of those flags spoiled the enjoyment of one spectator. What resentment could the spectator be harbouring towards the nation of people that that flag represents to feel that way?
They didn't express any resentment to people of any nation; it seems to me you are judging this man for thought-crime. Does everyone in the audience HAVE to agree with the performer on every aspect? Is it OK to tell them to feck off if they don't?

You skipped the fact that Currie encouraged everyone to join his standing ovation. I don't think the Israeli family were under any obligation to join in; not sure you're on the right side of history, creating mandatory standing ovations.
Did he question the views of anyone else in the audience? Why did he feel the need to start an argument with the family that did not join his mandatory standing ovation?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
They didn't express any resentment to people of any nation; it seems to me you are judging this man for thought-crime. Does everyone in the audience HAVE to agree with the performer on every aspect? Is it OK to tell them to feck off if they don't?

You skipped the fact that Currie encouraged everyone to join his standing ovation. I don't think the Israeli family were under any obligation to join in; not sure you're on the right side of history, creating mandatory standing ovations.
Did he question the views of anyone else in the audience? Why did he feel the need to start an argument with the family that did not join his mandatory standing ovation?

No.

Yes.

He may or may not have done.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
No.

Yes.

He may or may not have done.

There has been no reporting of him doing so, so in the absence of evidence or report to the contrary it is safer to say he didn't.

The bloke may be on the right side of the debate about Israel/Palestine but that doesn't stop him being an ar*ehole.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
There has been no reporting of him doing so, so in the absence of evidence or report to the contrary it is safer to say he didn't.

The bloke may be on the right side of the debate about Israel/Palestine but that doesn't stop him being an ar*ehole.

He told someone to f*ck off.

I don't think that makes him an ars*hole.

D

Deleted member 159

He told someone to f*ck off.

I don't think that makes him an ars*hole.

It was the scenario that made his words step over the line.

It's alright to have a bit of back n forth banter, he went far too far.

I'd bet he's regretting it now.

C R

Über Member
It was the scenario that made his words step over the line.

It's alright to have a bit of back n forth banter, he went far too far.

I'd bet he's regretting it now.

Weren't you a supporter of freeze peach? Shouldn't the audience member that felt offended just grow a pair instead of being a snowflake?

D

Deleted member 159

:okay: Weren't you a supporter of freeze peach? Shouldn't the audience member that felt offended just grow a pair instead of being a snowflake?

I am but Currie went onto verbally attack this audience member. He could have done what he did on stage, left it at that. However he orchestrated a pile on.

Like I said everyone is free to say what they want, but there is a method to it

multitool

I think what AndyCXR is trying to say is that free speech is not OK if what is being said is something he disagrees with.

That is why he is now trying to put conditions on the free speech with his talk if "method to it".

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom