Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mishal Hussein on Today just gave a master class in patient persistence when questioning Grant Shapps about this.

Poacher

Regular
Mishal Hussein on Today just gave a master class in patient persistence when questioning Grant Shapps about this.

Beat me to it! I took too long forming my reply:
Michael Green Corinne Stockheath Sebastian Fox Grant Shapps has just been on Radio 4 repeatedly refusing to answer the question "Do you think it's possible to move a million people from Gaza City to the South in 24 hours?", blustering and praising the Israel government for warning the population to move, boasting about moving Royal Navy craft to the Eastern Mediterranean in support of Israel, then, emboldened by what he obviously considered to be the great success of his eloquence, telling his interviewer "You're the only person I've met who doesn't understand this".
He went on to attack the BBC for John Simpson's calm and reasoned statement, refusing to kowtow to government demands against impartiality.
Sometimes I'm ashamed to be British, but now I'm also angry.

On past form, Israel's reaction to Palestinian attacks has been to limit the kill ratio to 8 Palestinians for 1 Israeli.
I don't know whether this is official, if unstated, policy, but I have a dread feeling that this time they're aiming for 32:1 or thereabouts.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I view it is why discuss it?, it is wrong, unless, in your world, there is an acceptable way to kill babies/children/civilians.

I'm not sure I quite understand you there. My point is that if the killing of children is bad in any case then there should be no reason to lie about the method of killing. So if the beheading claim is a lie then there must be a reason for it. My opinion is that it is propaganda to make the killings out to be even more barbaric than they were in order to justify and minimize Israeli brutality, including the killing of children, in Gaza.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Yes you're right but the language of beheading,rape,animals helps in the dehumanising of the Palestinians and less opposition to the bombing of innocent civilians.

I'm not sure I quite understand you there. My point is that if the killing of children is bad in any case then there should be no reason to lie about the method of killing. So if the beheading claim is a lie then there must be a reason for it. My opinion is that it is propaganda to make the killings out to be even more barbaric than they were in order to justify and minimize Israeli brutality, including the killing of children, in Gaza.

Understood. But, why not simply condemn the killing, regardless of which side is doing it?

Top Bottom