Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Regular
Also today:
"The UN's top court has said Israel's occupation of Palestinian territories is against international law, in a landmark opinion.

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) said Israel should stop settlement activity in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem and end its "illegal" occupation of those areas and the Gaza Strip as soon as possible.
"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjerjzxlpvdo

In reality, naff all changes as a result, but at least the ICJ recognises what we already know.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
It's a bit hard to recognise a Palestinian state when it consists of either mounds of rubble or impoverished olive farmers being pushed of their land at gunpoint by Americans and Russians.

It's extremely easy, being performative in the proper sense of the word, where the utterance itself changes the political/social reality. It costs nothing (in the shopping basket terms you favour) and requires no powers that the government doesn't already hold. The HoC voted for it ten years ago.

C R

Über Member
There was an interview in Radio 4 with the father of one of the victims of the rocket that hit a football pitch in the occupied Golan area. This was one of the most thoughtful and heart breaking things I have heard during the conflict. Paraphrasing he said that their children were not more important than the children in Lebanon, in Gaza or indeed anywhere else, and that it is time to talk and end the killing.

All uphill

There was an interview in Radio 4 with the father of one of the victims of the rocket that hit a football pitch in the occupied Golan area. This was one of the most thoughtful and heart breaking things I have heard during the conflict. Paraphrasing he said that their children were not more important than the children in Lebanon, in Gaza or indeed anywhere else, and that it is time to talk and end the killing.

Sometimes people can be so dignified; a lesson to us all.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Another day, another report of Israel shelling civilians with one of their (in)famous precision strikes, having claimed there's a Hamas control centre embedded amongst the innocent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8erk37yn2no

I suppose we've got our own problems closer to home right now, but this isn't going away and Israel still aren't being held to any kind of account.

Milzy

Another day, another report of Israel shelling civilians with one of their (in)famous precision strikes, having claimed there's a Hamas control centre embedded amongst the innocent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8erk37yn2no

I suppose we've got our own problems closer to home right now, but this isn't going away and Israel still aren't being held to any kind of account.

You’re are right. I don’t like this genocide one bit but we have our own problems so I’ll bury my head in the sand like everyone else. That Starmer man needs to get houses built and try to grow the economy.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

C R

Über Member
20240811_162248.jpg

Rally about Palestine in Kyoto today.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Wonderful, Israel and Hezbollah are kicking things up a notch in Lebanon.

This is only going to get a whole lot worse before it has any kind of chance of getting better which looks increasingly, and depressingly unlikely.

Ian H

Legendary Member
As long as Israel doesn't face any meaningful sanctions it will continue the genocide, and there's virtually no chance of real pressure being applied. You could argue that the current situation is the inevitable result of decades of lethal oppression against the Palestinians.
I thought the US would rein them in when the slaughter of civilians became utterly blatant, but obviously not. I don't foresee any good outcomes.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
As long as Israel doesn't face any meaningful sanctions it will continue the genocide, and there's virtually no chance of real pressure being applied. You could argue that the current situation is the inevitable result of decades of lethal oppression against the Palestinians.
I thought the US would rein them in when the slaughter of civilians became utterly blatant, but obviously not. I don't foresee any good outcomes.

Sadly I feel you're absolutely right. They're basically the playground bully of the Middle East who isn't that hard but is backed up by his bigger mates.

Kind of like Malfoy in Harry Potter really.

Reactions: C R
Wonderful, Israel and Hezbollah are kicking things up a notch in Lebanon.

This is only going to get a whole lot worse before it has any kind of chance of getting better which looks increasingly, and depressingly unlikely.
Over 200 rockets all aimed at civilians, evil isreali's prevented them from launching and made their launch sites fireworks instead. Evil i tell you a government that protects it's own civilians

Top Bottom