Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sadly I feel you're absolutely right. They're basically the playground bully of the Middle East who isn't that hard but is backed up by his bigger mates.

Kind of like Malfoy in Harry Potter really.
in the 50's how did they win their ''war of existence'' again? doesn't add up with your ''isn't that hard''

Rusty Nails

Country Member
As long as Israel doesn't face any meaningful sanctions it will continue the genocide, and there's virtually no chance of real pressure being applied. You could argue that the current situation is the inevitable result of decades of lethal oppression against the Palestinians.
I thought the US would rein them in when the slaughter of civilians became utterly blatant, but obviously not. I don't foresee any good outcomes.

There are rarely good outcomes when a country's existence and/or governance is based on religious theory.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Boringly predictable responses from our Dutch correspondent.

How many civilians casualties is Israel directly responsible for?

Hezbollah's rockets were never going to hit civilian targets. They knew this, Israel knew this, the world watching knew this.

Israel wouldn't be able to protect itself without the US. The US (and other countries) can't withdraw their support because of the backlash.

That's why Israel swaggers around with big dick energy, knowing that no matter what they can't lose. And it's not anti Semitic or pro Hezbollah/Hamas to say that before you even try. It's just the reality of the situation which you can't seem to grasp.

Boringly predictable responses from our Dutch correspondent.

How many civilians casualties is Israel directly responsible for?
Cool argument so you account Israel directly responsible for this and that so they wouldn't be allowed to defend themselves?

Hezbollah's rockets were never going to hit civilian targets. They knew this, Israel knew this, the world watching knew this.
Back when Chancellor Merkel said ''wir schaffen das'' (We can do this) a dutch far left politician(then working as EU MP) called Sargetti said something like ''er komen helemaal geen Isis terroristen naar europa is histerie'' (there are no Isis terrorist to coming europe that's hysteric') Meanwhile we have a number of isis planned and failed and succesfull terrorsit attacks by those same terrorist coming from Syria.(no i don't not mean all of them some of them are from homegrown one's)
Let's get some other facts, despite Ukraine being donated multiple air defence systems, still at times Russia is able to penetrate their defences, often using the power of numbers.

And now you claim Isreal could have stopped them anyway? Bit if a stupid way of thinking and Hezbollah and other terrorist also don't think like that, if only one rocket was succesfull you see them celebrate in the street and drag people they consider gay, lesbian or transsexual behind a mothercycle until they die.(oh wait they don't need a special occasion for that it's just normal for them)
Israel wouldn't be able to protect itself without the US. The US (and other countries) can't withdraw their support because of the backlash.

That's why Israel swaggers around with big dick energy, knowing that no matter what they can't lose. And it's not anti Semitic or pro Hezbollah/Hamas to say that before you even try. It's just the reality of the situation which you can't seem to grasp.
Hamas wouldn't exist without that same support, via proxies foundations, charities etc. and via UN but the principle is the same.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Cool argument so you account Israel directly responsible for this and that so they wouldn't be allowed to defend themselves?

Back when Chancellor Merkel said ''wir schaffen das'' (We can do this) a dutch far left politician(then working as EU MP) called Sargetti said something like ''er komen helemaal geen Isis terroristen naar europa is histerie'' (there are no Isis terrorist to coming europe that's hysteric') Meanwhile we have a number of isis planned and failed and succesfull terrorsit attacks by those same terrorist coming from Syria.(no i don't not mean all of them some of them are from homegrown one's)
Let's get some other facts, despite Ukraine being donated multiple air defence systems, still at times Russia is able to penetrate their defences, often using the power of numbers.

And now you claim Isreal could have stopped them anyway? Bit if a stupid way of thinking and Hezbollah and other terrorist also don't think like that, if only one rocket was succesfull you see them celebrate in the street and drag people they consider gay, lesbian or transsexual behind a mothercycle until they die.(oh wait they don't need a special occasion for that it's just normal for them)

Hamas wouldn't exist without that same support, via proxies foundations, charities etc. and via UN but the principle is the same.

I suggest you go back and read what I wrote again, but try to actually understand it properly this time.

Reactions: C R

The Crofted Crest

dutch far left politician(then working as EU MP) called Sargett

I met Judith Sargentini a couple of times. My other half used to work for her. She was a Green-Left politician (for those not in the know, ever so slightly left-so-as-not-to-offend armchair centrist). To call her far left is a lie. She is one of the most thoughtful, caring people you could hope to fill your country with.

C R

Über Member
I met Judith Sargentini a couple of times. My other half used to work for her. She was a Green-Left politician (for those not in the know, ever so slightly left-so-as-not-to-offend armchair centrist). To call her far left is a lie. She is one of the most thoughtful, caring people you could hope to fill your country with.

Remember, the Overton window has moved so far that anyone to the left of Franco, Hitler and Mussolini is far left.

I met Judith Sargentini a couple of times.
congratulations i have never met her and have no intentions to do so.(my remarks where aimed at what she says as politician, not as a person)
My other half used to work for her. She was a Green-Left politician (for those not in the know, ever so slightly left-so-as-not-to-offend armchair centrist).
For those a little bit more in the know, groenlinks is a result of a merger of all kinds of far left fractions, and looking at their position in the dutch political spectrum they are as left as goes for some time, meanwhile there are other more leftish fractions but that does not change my point.
To call her far left is a lie.
Just as much as a lie as calling the possibility that people might come from Syria and the likes with bad intentions ''hysteria'' and doubling down on it. there are more like her, all fairly safely in a position where they never have to deal with the result of their false claims.(and no don't repeat the cheap ''you''re racist there not all bad, i'm not at all saying they are all bad, i'm saying we have lacked in the past and continue to lack proper checks at the borders, thus we have to rely on intelligence services and an immigration system that didn't work before ''wir shaffen das'' and certainly not suddenly started to work when it became overflown.)

tarric

And now you claim Isreal could have stopped them anyway.

You seem to be quite ill informed about the vast difference between the capabilities of the Israeli Ballistic Missile Defence Systems and that of Ukraine.
The Israeli defence Force say their systems are capable of intercepting 99% of missiles launched against them. Unfortunately the systems so far sent to Ukraine are no where near enough to give the same level of cover.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Israel is targeting a couple of refugee camps in the West Bank and several Palestinian cities today, which is a pretty major move.

Hard to tell at this point if they've decided to just go for it and obliterate everything or if this is yet another attempt at testing their international backers' patience and they'll pull back saying,

"Yeah there was definitely stuff there that justifies us killing a bunch more civilians but I'm afraid we can't show you. We forgot to charge our GoPros."

Reactions: C R
You seem to be quite ill informed about the vast difference between the capabilities of the Israeli Ballistic Missile Defence Systems and that of Ukraine.
The Israeli defence Force say their systems are capable of intercepting 99% of missiles launched against them. Unfortunately the systems so far sent to Ukraine are no where near enough to give the same level of cover.

No my claim is like i wrote the power of numbers is how they are over-run in Ukraine. Alltough Isreals defence capabilties are indeed far more advanced then Ukraine's the system can still be overloaded, if you have a very simply said if you have a Patriot battery with 10 missiles then Ukraine has a problem if 13 missiles are fired in the time the patriot needs to reload. Isreal has a developed a additional system that detects the intended target/location it's going to hit, then can also identify if said target is a non-important field of empty land or a civilian/goverment/public building and then can decide whter to take the rocket down or not. they also have not 3 patriot batteries for the whole country(like Ukraine currently as far as i known) but quite a bit more and also some variations and other type of systems so long before impact their air defence system has decided *if* it needs to be taken down *when and where* it's going to be taken down *and* which air defence system is going to be used.
Whilst Ukraine system is indeed by far less efficient than Isreal's system still the principle of ''beating'' / compromising it remain the same, fireing more rockets then the systems can handle. Nobody exactly knowns what Isreals capacity is, but it can still be overflown just as Ukraine's or any other system.

Top Bottom