Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
At the moment Netanyahu is Putin but on steroids.

I look back to their redefining of the antisemitism label as very telling. Their escalator oniy goes up.

Pretty much aye. Because he knows he can get away with it.

BBC News are saying that it was a new batch of pagers, which were intercepted during manufacture and had explosive charge inserted. This charge was then armed by a coded message, and, exploded next time user touched/used (not sure which) pager.

First question in my mind, if above is true, would be where were the pages manufactured?

Sorry, see you beat me to it, although, I didnt hear any claim that Israel 'did it", but, clearly, you have to ask "who else", and, they have apparently pulled a similar stunt with Mobile Phone.

It's like a frikkin' James Bond storyline. Makes you wonder how reliant we are on products especially electronics and battery powered everyday stuff that's fabricated in countries like China that are not exactly aligned with Western political ideals. It's a scary thought that this or instant system disablement or mass assassination can be brought about at a keystroke...I know, lets explode or disable all mobile phones with a UK phone number....

Cirrus

It's like a frikkin' James Bond storyline. Makes you wonder how reliant we are on products especially electronics and battery powered everyday stuff that's fabricated in countries like China that are not exactly aligned with Western political ideals. It's a scary thought that this or instant system disablement or mass assassination can be brought about at a keystroke...I know, lets explode or disable all mobile phones with a UK phone number....

One of the reasons BT (EE) had to rip out all of the Huawei kit from the 5g roll out they were doing was taking quite a bit of time to do.

https://www.mobileworldlive.com/bt/bt-set-to-complete-huawei-removal-by-end-march/

Last edited:
This could become another proxy East/West war to add to Ukraine. USA/UK still (amazingly) backing Israel, Putin seems to be getting on just fine with Iran (who are no friends of the west these days), and Iran backs Hezbollah. A perfect storm in a fragile teacup....

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
Very worrying for who ever transported these pagers.
They were unwittingly transporting 3,000 explosive devices.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

During my Friday evening drinking sessions with my pals, during the "world affairs" discussion period (between the football and complaining about the wives), I would often say that WW3 would not actually involve soldiers and weapons as we know it, but that China would simply send the command to close down all of the Huawei Routers, and disable all of the Electric Vehicles. I am now beginning to feel like I may have 'special powers" :laugh:

Last edited:

lazybloke

Regular
During my Friday evening drinking sessions with my pals, during the "world affairs" discussion period (between the football and complaining about the wives), I would often say that WW3 would not actually involve soldiers and weapons as we know it, but that China would simply send the command to close down all of the Huawei Routers, and disable all of the Electric Vehicles. I am now beginning to feel like I may have 'special powers" :laugh:

They've already tested the "battery self-destruct" signal on a number of ebikes and Richard Hammond's car

albion

Guru
One of the reasons BT (EE) had to rip out all of the Huawei kit from the 5g roll out they were doing was taking quite a bit of time to do.

https://www.mobileworldlive.com/bt/bt-set-to-complete-huawei-removal-by-end-march/

Other way round too zm sure. The US may shift allegiances post election clouding the issue.
Major parts of Windows was written also in Israel as are loads of Microsoft tech systems.

Stuff you write will always have backdoors whether by intent or inadvertently.

Reactions: C R
Discharging the battery too fast can cause it to vent and "explode". However, it is hard to see how a pager could draw enough current to cause that.
That and if it would have been smartphones i can see how an mod on kernel level that can circumvent all soc and other os protections would work, however pagers dont have that much advanced electronics in them. What we now know is that they added eplosives and a detonation devices triggered by the number message etc. (en than shorting the battery thus creating the detonation.
Ah, mundane bomb technology, that sounds a simpler explanation.

Imagine what could be achieved if all sides put as much effort into diplomacy and a peace process as they do into finding ways to murder each other.
Agree on that last line, but sadly i think that died when Rabin was murdered they seem to be futher away from a peacefull soluttion than even if they did manage to remove Hamas and proxies fully.

This could become another proxy East/West war to add to Ukraine. USA/UK still (amazingly) backing Israel, Putin seems to be getting on just fine with Iran (who are no friends of the west these days), and Iran backs Hezbollah. A perfect storm in a fragile teacup....
Isreal has much more off it's own advanced hardware then Ukraine, that's why they also supply the west so you're ''UK/USA'' are still backing them logic is flawed, not to say they are still backed but that's also because it's a bit of a be dammned if you do, be dammed if you don't situation. The only one benefitting from something like that would be Iran, whom in turn most likely mess it up because of they sovjet area launchers are not exactly precise.

But i agree that there are countless situation where more international criticism would be good.
Alltough i won't call this one of them, this is an ''pre-emptive strike'' both Hezbollah and Iran are claiming to be taking revenge for longer, Isreal once again showed them they are much deeper on the them as they think. (because if they can detonate it, you can't tell me then haven't made a ''call home feature'' either. Every message they send with those pagers is on mossads desk.)

Other way round too zm sure. The US may shift allegiances post election clouding the issue.
Major parts of Windows was written also in Israel as are loads of Microsoft tech systems.

Stuff you write will always have backdoors whether by intent or inadvertently.
Shifting alliance is a very big step, i don't see the US or UK for that matter do that, but there are lots of steps they can take to let Isreal officially known ''we don't like you killing civilians.''
And yes Israel is a knowledge powerhouse, although that doesn't nessacerry mean that the programmers writing on windows would have made backdoor and if they would have make these available to the Mossad.

Top Bottom