Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Head of Hezbollah killed in Israeli rocket strike apparently. He's been killed several times over the years so will have to be confirmed.

Hezbollah has now confirmed it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/c981g8mrl8lt

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Agreed. Netanyahu is clearly intent on a murderous war in the area.

I fear that Israel is exploiting the upcoming US election to accelerate its expansion and the destruction of the countries around it.

Yeah, had the same thought. He's already got carte blanche but knows it's guaranteed until at least November so is just going all out.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member
A Fraz Ferdinan moment?

I doubt it.

The tactics of groups like Hezbollah and Hamas are geared to terrorist attacks because they do not have either the military strength or the full support of the population for an all out war, which they would certainly lose heavily, and Iran and other like minded countries prefer a proxy war with Israel because all out war would also be disastrous for them as there is no guarantee of military support from other middle Eastern/Gulf countries.

Israel has always been a law unto itself since its creation in 1948 and relies on the fact that, when push comes to shove, it will be supported by the US. It

Last edited:

fozy tornip

fozympotent
I doubt it.

The tactics of groups like Hezbollah and Hamas are geared to terrorist attacks because they do not have either the military strength or the full support of the population for an all out war, which they would certainly lose heavily, and Iran and other like minded countries prefer a proxy war with Israel because all out war would also be disastrous for them as there is no guarantee of military support from other middle Eastern/Gulf countries.

Israel has always been a law unto itself since its creation in 1948 and relies on the fact that, when push comes to shove, it will be supported by the US. It

And with that, Rusty's pager exploded.

C R

Über Member
I doubt it.

That assumes that Israel won't continue the escalation.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
At this pace Israel is going to end up pushing the Saudis and Emiratis to side with Iran.

They may agree with Iran over the terrible actions of Israel but I doubt (with fingers crossed) that that agreement would stretch to military action against Israel.

Not impossible as relations between middle eastern states are difficult to predict in any logical way.

I doubt it.

Non-sense, that is what their propaganda channels tell you ''we have too use children as suicide bombers because we are little and they are big. '' Hamas was and maybe still is loaded from all their drug/narcotics etc. trade, if they really wanted to build a army/soceity etc. they could have done so, but the status quo with their leaders thinking they where safe in Qatar lead to them feeling quite well, even making deals with Nethanyahu who in turn likes to mess with any politics, this backfired in October last year but doesn't make the movement in the likes off Hamas or Hezbollah anymore or less evil.

They could have made Gaza a flourishing place for everyone but that wouldn't fit their narrative so instead those who don't work for Hamas are in general poor and those who work for hamas have it considerately better. Bit like with Isis

Are you high?

How can a people flourish crammed into a walled encampment, occupied and controlled by a terrorist state which dispossessed them of their home?
If Hamas didn't fire rockets into Isreal or commit 7 October attacks, they would still be happily killing people they think are gay/traitors/etc. by dragging them behind a motorcycle, deprave their population while their Hamas leaders/drug lords live in the biggest mansions etc.
I mean you can pretend live under Hamas is paradise all you want, doesn't make it an reality.

Top Bottom