Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You certainly seem to be dismissing, or at least ignoring, the full role Israel has played in destroying Palestine for its own gain. They’ve been doing it for decades and they are responsible for creation of Hamas which came into existence to retaliate against Israeli violence.
I don't known where you got your history lessons, it sounds cute, but it's wrong! There once was a man called Yasser Arafat who fought to get their part of a deal they previuosly rejected convinced that neighbours country would crush the isreali's a gamble they lost.
So not Hamas but Arafats movement was created to retaillte defend and rule their part of the country.
But like always you have movements that start like the one and then turn out to be the other, Hamas gained trust by starting as a charity helping the poor only to make those same poor even worse off once they got power.
A other way they got power is by promising the total destruction of Isreal in their handbook or founding pinciples.(it has been watered down now) They where in essence saying Arafat was to light, they where the real deal.

But yes Isreal especially under Netahnyahu has done his part,(in making matters worse) that's true, but the majority of the pages in this topic already talk about how bad Isreal is, why is it then they everytime i want to talk about how bad Hamas is one of you lot seems to be wanting to go back to ''Isreal bad'' Just as the continues repeats of ''Isreal can't without Western support'' that was absolutely true 30 years ago but it isn't now, surely no western support will hurt them / make their position weaker but so will it make western position weaker both in loss of supply of Israeli tech, intelligence and the fact that Iran will seize the opportunity, think the other side of the medal is both people can't have to nice leader, Rabin was murdered by one of his one because he was ''to nice'' Arafat wasn't murdered but defacto sidelined by a Hamas which was/is far more aggressive.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I don't known where you got your history lessons, it sounds cute, but it's wrong! There once was a man called Yasser Arafat who fought to get their part of a deal they previuosly rejected convinced that neighbours country would crush the isreali's a gamble they lost.
So not Hamas but Arafats movement was created to retaillte defend and rule their part of the country.
But like always you have movements that start like the one and then turn out to be the other, Hamas gained trust by starting as a charity helping the poor only to make those same poor even worse off once they got power.
A other way they got power is by promising the total destruction of Isreal in their handbook or founding pinciples.(it has been watered down now) They where in essence saying Arafat was to light, they where the real deal.

But yes Isreal especially under Netahnyahu has done his part,(in making matters worse) that's true, but the majority of the pages in this topic already talk about how bad Isreal is, why is it then they everytime i want to talk about how bad Hamas is one of you lot seems to be wanting to go back to ''Isreal bad'' Just as the continues repeats of ''Isreal can't without Western support'' that was absolutely true 30 years ago but it isn't now, surely no western support will hurt them / make their position weaker but so will it make western position weaker both in loss of supply of Israeli tech, intelligence and the fact that Iran will seize the opportunity, think the other side of the medal is both people can't have to nice leader, Rabin was murdered by one of his one because he was ''to nice'' Arafat wasn't murdered but defacto sidelined by a Hamas which was/is far more aggressive.

Where do you get your history lessons from? Because they seem to be pretty one sided.

And mostly wrong.

Milzy

I’m going to bet Iran dare not strike Isreal like the main stream media say. They don’t want to drag the US in do they. Especially when the USA have been looking for a good excuse to blow the shizenhowzer out of Iran for a long time now.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I’m going to bet Iran dare not strike Isreal like the main stream media say. They don’t want to drag the US in do they. Especially when the USA have been looking for a good excuse to blow the shizenhowzer out of Iran for a long time now.

What are your Russian Facebook friends telling you?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

According to BBC 6 o’clock news, you lost that one, hope you didn’t put your shirt on it 😊

So far, it looks like "Iron Dome" is getting good advertising.

Last edited:

Milzy

According to BBC 6 o’clock news, you lost that one, hope you didn’t put your shirt on it 😊

So far, it looks like "Iron Dome" is getting good advertising.

200 missiles and maybe 10 get through. Watched the breaking news. I didn’t think they were that stupid. Ohh well it’s been boiling up for years. Let’s hope not too many kids get killed.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
From the BBC’s coverage of Israel’s invasion of Lebanon and Iran’s missile response:

Here in the Jerusalem Bureau, we moved to the shelter in a secure part of the building with no windows.
As missiles flew overhead, messages streamed in from people in different parts of the country, also waiting in their safe rooms.
“There’s a lot of alarms all the time so we’re in the safe room… But we’re OK for now,” a mother of two in the south of Israel told me by voice note.
“Very, very scary. I still cannot believe this is our life…

Yeah. Sucks, doesn’t it?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
And from the same coverage:

During a press briefing, [US] National Security spokesperson Jake Sullivan describes the strikes by Iran as a “significant escalation”

Retaliation by a Lebanese ally is described as ‘significant escalation’ but not the Israeli invasion of another country nor the endless bombing of Gaza?

Funny that.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
And from the same coverage:

During a press briefing, [US] National Security spokesperson Jake Sullivan describes the strikes by Iran as a “significant escalation”

Retaliation by a Lebanese ally is described as ‘significant escalation’ but not the Israeli invasion of another country nor the endless bombing of Gaza?

Funny that.

Twelve months on it looks as if Hamas' tactics are working.

Top Bottom