Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

ebikeerwidnes

The Israeli strikes are - as I am sure the Israeli Government have made clear - surgical strikes against know Hamas military bases and storage points

Which is fine - except that in a crowded area how ever amazing the targetting equipment and accurate the strike when a bomb goes off it does tend to send a lot of stuff flying over a wide area - and a collapsing building is not very discriminatory when it comes to the civilian/military person concept.

How you get round this when one side deliberately operates from civilian areas and doesn;t wear full uniforms is something International Law has not found a way to tackle.

I have not idea what the solution is - but firing rockets and firing machine guns at people who are clearly civilians is wrong
and so it bombing areas where there are clearly civilians.

which is the "less wrong" is a matter of opinion - often based on experience and person involvement to whatever extent

whatever the result of the current conflict/war nothing will ever be solved until the two (or more) sides can talk somehow and come to an agreement
Which neither side is especially likely to do for some time

so, as always, the innocent suffer along with the dedicated

"And now, here's the weather."
So they apologize for ''poorly phrased'' apparently but don't elaborate on what they reported wrong. Probably actually correct but not left enough. but it remais to be gueswork, it does imply that they called all Palestinians Hamas instead of concentrating of all those phrases like the one that calls to kill all the jews...

But hey never let an demonstration because Palestians get bomb showers because their ''military'' slaughtered over 1000 civilians get in the way right? Of they would have any self-criticism they would bundle up all those Hamas ''fighters'' and kick them over the border so Isreal doesn't have to drop bomb, but no we have now also footage that shows civilians from Palestine went over the bother to score themselves a nice Jewish TV, computer etc. few bloodspats but otherwise as new...
Maybe they should think about that next time a relative died in a bombimg, but they won't and that's why this conflict is not going to be solved anytime soon. Because they other way round for example in 2018 when an Isreali solder shot an 15 years old palestian who was unarmed, the soldier got a 6 week punishment(basicly for mishandling his weapon i believe) So they are fueling each other hatred and Witnessing both us and Belgium yesterday it seems to be spreading

C R

Über Member
So they apologize for ''poorly phrased'' apparently but don't elaborate on what they reported wrong. Probably actually correct but not left enough. but it remais to be gueswork, it does imply that they called all Palestinians Hamas instead of concentrating of all those phrases like the one that calls to kill all the jews...

But hey never let an demonstration because Palestians get bomb showers because their ''military'' slaughtered over 1000 civilians get in the way right? Of they would have any self-criticism they would bundle up all those Hamas ''fighters'' and kick them over the border so Isreal doesn't have to drop bomb, but no we have now also footage that shows civilians from Palestine went over the bother to score themselves a nice Jewish TV, computer etc. few bloodspats but otherwise as new...
Maybe they should think about that next time a relative died in a bombimg, but they won't and that's why this conflict is not going to be solved anytime soon. Because they other way round for example in 2018 when an Isreali solder shot an 15 years old palestian who was unarmed, the soldier got a 6 week punishment(basicly for mishandling his weapon i believe) So they are fueling each other hatred and Witnessing both us and Belgium yesterday it seems to be spreading

Pffrrrtttt

The Israeli strikes are - as I am sure the Israeli Government have made clear - surgical strikes against know Hamas military bases and storage points
Yes but to be fair and consistent, the Russian army also says it only hits ''military targets'' to be fair to Isreal both after and during conflicts Hamas has been caught delibarately using and placing it's weapons inside schools, hospitals and residential buildings. it got the terrorist group name for an reason.
Which is fine - except that in a crowded area how ever amazing the targetting equipment and accurate the strike when a bomb goes off it does tend to send a lot of stuff flying over a wide area - and a collapsing building is not very discriminatory when it comes to the civilian/military person concept.
Indeed often the secondary explosion or the ammonutions/rocket launchers/whatever they hit causes the most damage and is the most uncontrolled. But not hitting those will mean more rockets on Isreal

How you get round this when one side deliberately operates from civilian areas and doesn't wear full uniforms is something International Law has not found a way to tackle.

I have not idea what the solution is - but firing rockets and firing machine guns at people who are clearly civilians is wrong
and so it bombing areas where there are clearly civilians.

which is the "less wrong" is a matter of opinion - often based on experience and person involvement to whatever extent

whatever the result of the current conflict/war nothing will ever be solved until the two (or more) sides can talk somehow and come to an agreement
Which neither side is especially likely to do for some time

so, as always, the innocent suffer along with the dedicated
The soluttion which worked was over the past few years target Hamas leaders instead of the lower tier ones and or equipment storage because if they have no time to train/use equipment it's just an empty thread.
Sadly it seems Iran gave them some help and now the situation is actually quite shitty for Isreal their defences have been breached, it seems they have no idea how, a ground assualt if gonna by bloody but because the other side has done it's prepration potentially the real thread is coming from Hazbollah and Iran, who is using more and more agressive language.

Sadly i agree with you on soluttion i don't really see one either. Even if Isreal manages to defeat Hamas, it probably doesn't take long for something similar stands up.

'Hamas hide military installations in civilian areas.'

They're in one of the most densely populated regions on the planet and living under occupation, where the hell else are they gonna put them?
They also put civilians in harms way if they expect an hit, aka Hamas spokepersons ''palenstians love to matyr themselves''
Even after 7-10 people still have an way to positive image of Hamas.(and no going on about how bad the idf would be doesn't change a thing)

theclaud

Reading around the chip

1697548502897.jpeg

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
They also put civilians in harms way if they expect an hit, aka Hamas spokepersons ''palenstians love to matyr themselves''

One might suggest that's a fairly pointless tactic to use against an opponent who has no compunction about killing civilians, reportedly even their own, and their own hostages.

matticus

Guru
funny not funny:
1697549141058.jpeg

EDIT: I think this caught my eye because I've recently been tromping across moorland in the Peak District, where these things are quite common; and thus any kind of alarm seems especially ludicrous! Anyway ...

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Rusty Nails

Country Member
'Hamas hide military installations in civilian areas.'

They're in one of the most densely populated regions on the planet and living under occupation, where the hell else are they gonna put them?

Who to blame the most? Those who, knowingly and deliberately, put civilians in harm's way and then attack and goad their enemy knowing civilianswill be killed, or those who, deliberately and knowingly, kill civilians in order to get back at their enemy?

What a conundrum. I find it easier to think of them both as showers of shite who value lives cheaply.

Top Bottom