Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
The problem goes back many many years. Israel always was low in willingness and thus Hamas took control. At least that is how it looks.
Suckering up to narratives never helped either.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
How does this make anyone safer ? It's horrific, the impact on the stability of the entire Middle East and Arab world will increase with each escalation.Bombing hospitals in self defence ffs.Biden should be calling for a ceasefire and restraint,he could have done this last week.

I agree. No matter what the UK or EU countries say or do, it is only US that carries real weight with Israel and I believe US voters will always side with the Israelis against the A-rabs and with an election coming up he will chicken out.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
So surely they could have just gone up to the chap in charge, said "look old chap, this just isn't on" and that would have stopped everything. Hamas are reasonable like that.

What exactly are you saying? That Gaza is not overcrowded or that Hamas were wandering about the streets carrying paragliders, bombs and machine guns?

Hamas may be evil but they are also clever. They are said to have planned this without using internet or phone messages that can be spied on but relying on word of mouth and handwritten messages. They also have a network of tunnels more than 200 miles long.

Which they no doubt built without anyone noticing.

I gave my take on the situation in post 409 and 416, which, isn't dramatically different to your post 430.

Milzy

The Israeli strikes are - as I am sure the Israeli Government have made clear - surgical strikes against know Hamas military bases and storage points

Which is fine - except that in a crowded area how ever amazing the targetting equipment and accurate the strike when a bomb goes off it does tend to send a lot of stuff flying over a wide area - and a collapsing building is not very discriminatory when it comes to the civilian/military person concept.

How you get round this when one side deliberately operates from civilian areas and doesn;t wear full uniforms is something International Law has not found a way to tackle.

I have not idea what the solution is - but firing rockets and firing machine guns at people who are clearly civilians is wrong
and so it bombing areas where there are clearly civilians.

which is the "less wrong" is a matter of opinion - often based on experience and person involvement to whatever extent

whatever the result of the current conflict/war nothing will ever be solved until the two (or more) sides can talk somehow and come to an agreement
Which neither side is especially likely to do for some time

so, as always, the innocent suffer along with the dedicated

Can we not have the term “surgical strike” please? It’s not a precise well trained doctor surgeon with a little scapula knife and magnifying glasses is it? It’s a large bomb or missile that blows the hell out of everything and still not 100% on target. There’s nothing surgical about it apart from maybe children having their limbs stitched back on. I’ve read some utter tosh on this forum but surgical strike really takes the biscuit. FFS.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

I would imagine daily life in the occupied territories to be so far removed from ours that we're none of us really qualified to comment.

That said, what if some random Palestinian civilian did see Hamas building a tunnel? What are they going to do, walk to the nearest Israeli checkpoint and grass them up?

multitool

WTF are you even on about?

I think he might actually a crude North Korean AI bot that made a break for freedom and ended up taking refuge in a frankly ridiculous cycling forum where he plans to live out his days, chuntering out badly constructed shît-take AI nonsense

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member

I gave my take on the situation in post 409 and 416, which, isn't dramatically different to your post 430.

So what was the point of your post #460? Are you saying that the citizens of Gaza could /should have stopped Hamas?

D

Deleted member 159

Why couldn't it be. Hamas have form for using their own and other hostages as human shields. It been reported they blew up vehicles attempting to leave the area and blocked highways. Why couldn't a stray or even deliberately target their hospital to garner favour with others in the region and or left supporting press

multitool

Israel ordered hospitals to be evacuated in advance of bombing them. It seems reasonable to believe, therefore, that Israel deliberately bombs hospitals. This won’t be the last.

Very likely.

Also, it seems amazing that just 11 days ago they had literally zero prior intelligence of the huge Hamas attacks that must have taken years to plan, equip and train for, but somehow after merely one hour they know the provenance of the missile which struck the hospital.

multitool

I find myself hoping for...

F8qTbS7W8AADnn5.png

Top Bottom