Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's called dyslexia.

I'm sorry, I was not aware. Please accept my apologies.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment

Like it or not this involves religion, and this is not going to go away. The Jews believe based on the OT that God gave them the land in perpetuity, and they only lost it (twice) due to apostasy and rebellion.

Their return is predicted in some detail on both OT and NT. Just one short example:

"But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it; for these are days of vengeance, to fulfil all that is written.
For great distress shall be upon the earth and wrath upon this people; they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led captive among all nations; and Jerusalem will be trodden down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."

This happened in AD 70 when Rome sacked Jerusalem, and Christians in the city aware of this saying fled and were saved from it, so even the first part of the prophesy cannot be post-dated. Since then it would appear the times of the Gentiles have been fulfilled.

If this discussion had taken place 150 years ago and I maintained one day the Jews would return to the land, a reasonable response would have been to reconsider your faith in an old book as 19 centuries had passed and there was no sign of this ever happening. I think, however, that the reverse should also apply!

• Wow
Reactions: C R

bobzmyunkle

If this discussion had taken place 150 years ago and I maintained one day the Jews would return to the land, a reasonable response would have been to reconsider your faith in an old book as 19 centuries had passed and there was no sign of this ever happening. I think, however, that the reverse should also apply!
Ah, I see, proof positive of the big bloke working in his mysterious ways. Looks like he made yet another massive f*ck up.

I'm sorry, I was not aware. Please accept my apologies.
No problem, accepted, and you couldn't be aware because it's the first time i posted about it.

Ah, I see, proof positive of the big bloke working in his mysterious ways. Looks like he made yet another massive f*ck up.
Yes but like always the cop-out in the big magic books is ''god gave us the right to chose our own destiny'' so he is also not in control about what the F happens next.
Ironically the other religion(s) have similar reasoning.

D

Deleted member 121

Milzy

Just watched a sky news production wish I hadn’t. Loads of Palestinian civilians including children been killed and injured by Israel state air strikes yet Hamas are “terrorists”? Both sides are just the same.
Again could be solved by negotiating a land give to Palestine. Either side can’t win such wars. Ukraine, nobody will win. Afghanistan had many fail to conquer her. Iraq is more destabilised than the Saddam years. Vietnam another massive fail & waste. Looking at past conflicts the west fail and withdraw after a decade. They will never learn.
Now we are all at risk of attacks because our so called allies can’t do the right thing.

D

Deleted member 159

Just watched a sky news production wish I hadn’t. Loads of Palestinian civilians including children been killed and injured by Israel state air strikes yet Hamas are “terrorists”? Both sides are just the same.
Again could be solved by negotiating a land give to Palestine. Either side can’t win such wars. Ukraine, nobody will win. Afghanistan had many fail to conquer her. Iraq is more destabilised than the Saddam years. Vietnam another massive fail & waste. Looking at past conflicts the west fail and withdraw after a decade. They will never learn.
Now we are all at risk of attacks because our so called allies can’t do the right thing.

Except Gazans and the rest of the Arab states don't want to negotiate, they want the eradication of the Jewish state. So offering would be pointless.

Israel would not attack if it wasn't attacked

Except Gazans and the rest of the Arab states don't want to negotiate, they want the eradication of the Jewish state. So offering would be pointless.

Israel would not attack if it wasn't attacked

Hamas wouldn't have attacked if Palestinians had been treated as human beings and not driven out of their land. A vicious circle. A venn diagram of hate.

This does not mean I support Hamas or what they did, I've made that clear a few times, but something like this has been going to happen for a long time and the frustrating this is that it could've been avoided.

Also, the Israeli response is in total contravention of the Geneva Convention. Their response has been disproportionate.

Top Bottom