Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hamas wouldn't have attacked if Palestinians had been treated as human beings and not driven out of their land. A vicious circle. A venn diagram of hate.
You missed the part where Hamas says it's whole reason for existence is ''destroying Isreal''? Or the part where they said they seemed peacefull in the past few years because they prepared for 7 October? The fact they stole western paided water pipes to make rockets?
The evidence and fact they place that launch installations next to holy sites, schools, kindergartens, un building etc. in other words commiting the WAR crime of using civilian meat shields.

D

Deleted member 159

The Belgrano sinking is not remotely comparable to what is happening in Gaza. Again, if you think Hamas is going to be defeated by bombs then I only need to mention Afghanistan, where 20 years of bombing by the world's largest and most expensive armies did fück all in the grand scheme of things other than kill civilians.

You missed the point, allegedly it was sailing away from the war zone. But it was assessed and deemed a strategic target, that would reap major tactical rewards.

Its all about tactics and rewards.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Its war, strategic decisions need to be made to win quickly and swiftly as possible.

Example, I bet there are some on here would condemn the sinking of the Belgrano in the Falklands war. What it did, was to force the Argentinians into harbour, thus shortening the war and reducing casualties on the British side and Argentinians

Hamas need to be hunted down and eradicated entirely, till there is no further threat

That doesn't suit some

You think this will be a swift end to the "war"?

This will lead to a lot more isolation and strife for Israel and the middle east in the long term.

My history lets me down sometimes, so enlighten me if I'm wrong, but I cannot remember the Belgrano being home to Argentinian civilians.

D

Deleted member 121

You missed the point, allegedly it was sailing away from the war zone. But it was assessed and deemed a strategic target, that would reap major tactical rewards.

Its all about tactics and rewards.

"In 2003, the ship's captain Hector Bonzo confirmed that General Belgrano had actually been manoeuvering, not "sailing away" from the exclusion zone."

Anyway, bombing civilians rarely yields "tactical rewards"...

Reactions: C R
The Belgrano sinking is not remotely comparable to what is happening in Gaza. Again, if you think Hamas is going to be defeated by bombs then I only need to mention Afghanistan, where 20 years of bombing by the world's largest and most expensive armies did fück all in the grand scheme of things other than kill civilians.
I would Argue it did work well in Afghanistan military and later turning around society, there where women sports and so futher and so forth,. It's just as soon as the west left it turned out to be a facade. So it could work if Isreal wants to put in the efforts and military(and unlike afghanistan Isreal doesn;t have to ''pull back''), but with the current goverment that is very unlikely.

D

Deleted member 159

Over 1000 innocent Israeli people murdered, beheaded including babies:cry:

What does it take before any of our western leaders call for a ceasefire.
maybe start with reliable numbers? , it was the same party who reported 500 killed in a hospital while the real numbers vary from 10 up too 300.
And what is an ceasefire going to archieve? give Hamas time for an new 7 october so we can rinse and repeat a few years later?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
There's not a chance any Hamas leaders are chilling in a house in Northern Gaza, watching the Rugby world cup while waiting to accept a bomb in their face. The people there are those that are unable/unwilling to save themselves by heading south and which Israel have decided are military targets. Historically, these campaigns usually fail miserably as they achieve no operational objective because the people who die en masse are the innocent and powerless.

For a sense of scale, bear in mind that I can see an area greater in size than the Gaza strip, from my house. It's tiny. In fact I wonder why Israel are using complicated expensive airstrikes when surely there can't be anywhere in Gaza out of artillery range. Susceptibility of stationary artillery to rocket attack maybe? Or does a fast noisy jet make for a good terror weapon?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
For a sense of scale, bear in mind that I can see an area greater in size than the Gaza strip, from my house. It's tiny. In fact I wonder why Israel are using complicated expensive airstrikes when surely there can't be anywhere in Gaza out of artillery range. Susceptibility of stationary artillery to rocket attack maybe? Or does a fast noisy jet make for a good terror weapon?

Gaza is tiny, about 25 miles by 7 miles. Here it is overlaid on a map of London.
About 50% of its 2.3M population are children.

IMG_0410.jpeg

Targeting, they often go in the air as soon Hamas launches an rocket barage, enabling the aircrafts radars to pick up the launch location.

multitool

I see Israeli state accounts are posting horrific footage of 7/10, and saying that they can't believe people are asking for proof. I've yet to see anybody ask for proof and that is because they aren't.

Israeli state accounts are choosing to publish this footage because it is part of a massive PR campaign to keep the focus on 1400 dead Israelis and away from literally any other aspect such as 5000+ dead Palestinians added to the 80k already killed since 48, or the rampant violence in the West Bank etc etc etc

Top Bottom