Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Who has confirmed it. No reliable news source has reported it as true.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...amas-attacker-describing-orders-to-kill-rape/ and https://www.reuters.com/world/nato-ministers-shown-horrific-video-hamas-attack-2023-10-12/ if i would have a bit more time i can dig up more(i known i have seen them earlier) but to be honest the colors of the left wing press become clear it's much easier to find 30 articles about the same attack on Gaza then anything on isreal, where it has to be said that every Gaza attack the number involving victims etc. are always taken as a fact, as where with Isreal they always add ''according to isreali sources'' don't get me wrong i think they should add what is the source i just find it strange, they only do that with one side, as if terrorist are more reliable.

No there wasn't.

Which part of 'the story was found out to be false by the IDF within 48 hours' is not sinking in to your skull?
Repeating the same old lie doesn't make it true.
No they haven't. The IDF dismissed it as false within 48 hours as reported by The Guardian, CNN, Al Jazeera and the SCMP.
Any link then? because like i said i followed it very closely and i known what you're talking about but i'm a 100% certain they said ''we can't confirm'' which is as you might known something else then false.

C R

Über Member
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...amas-attacker-describing-orders-to-kill-rape/ and https://www.reuters.com/world/nato-ministers-shown-horrific-video-hamas-attack-2023-10-12/ if i would have a bit more time i can dig up more(i known i have seen them earlier) but to be honest the colors of the left wing press become clear it's much easier to find 30 articles about the same attack on Gaza then anything on isreal, where it has to be said that every Gaza attack the number involving victims etc. are always taken as a fact, as where with Isreal they always add ''according to isreali sources'' don't get me wrong i think they should add what is the source i just find it strange, they only do that with one side, as if terrorist are more reliable.

Repeating the same old lie doesn't make it true.

Any link then? because like i said i followed it very closely and i known what you're talking about but i'm a 100% certain they said ''we can't confirm'' which is as you might known something else then false.

The reuters link specifically says that there were no images of beheaded babies.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
it's also not both Ethnic cleansing because Isreal warns well before they start, which makes the first word ''Ethnic'' from Ethnicity a bit silly because if you want to kill an whole ethnicity you give them no warning but try to kill as much as possible

That’s about as useful as warning all the fish in a barrel to swim only on one side before you start shooting into it.

Gaza is one of the most densely populated places in the world and on three sides it’s surrounded by a huge wall with remote control machine guns and on the fourth side there’s the sea (patrolled and blockaded by Israeli military forces).

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
That’s about as useful as warning all the fish in a barrel to swim only on one side before you start shooting into it.

Gaza is one of the most densely populated places in the world and on three sides it’s surrounded by a huge wall with remote control machine guns and on the fourth side there’s the sea (patrolled and blockaded by Israeli military forces).

I tried to use Google to have a look at the Gaza / Israel border but for some reason the streetview pictures from the nearby main road, rather than their usual 360° outside view are taken from inside the car with a single aspect straight ahead. Can't think why.

Edit: just had a look and even that seems to have been taken down now.

Last edited:

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Seemingly intractable problems call for proactive blue-sky thinking outside the box.
I've checked, and the state of Israel is an area roughly the size of Wales.
We're not doing much with Wales at the moment.

The Nobel Peace Prize? Moi? Why, thankyou.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Seemingly intractable problems call for proactive blue-sky thinking outside the box.

As long as they don't push all the indigenous Welsh people into the Swansea/Gower area. :surrender:

It's still a warning and there is also still no evidence isreal seek to semtimaircally kill all palestinians, they objective is to take out Hamas and they killed two high ranked of them today so not fully unsuccesfull. But as you say so yourself it's very densely populated, so indeed civilain causalties are inevitable and no i'm also not saying Isreal is using the best techniques etc. However it is not ethnic cleansing. I stand by my point that that is what Hamas did.
And also i undertand the opposition against Isreal here but realistically without whataboutery with ''they occupy this land bla bla'' What else can Isreal realitically do to prevent the thread of Hamas and all those Hezbollah fractions Iran has been funding? Other then all out war to root them all out? (which let's not pretend will come and a considerable cost for the isreali army too, as does all urban fighting.

I tried to use Google to have a look at the Gaza / Israel border but for some reason the streetview pictures from the nearby main road, rather than their usual 360° outside view are taken from inside the car with a single aspect straight ahead. Can't think why.

Edit: just had a look and even that seems to have been taken down now.
Somewhere this week Isreal asked Google and other to remove those, if you're in a war you don't want you're enemy being able to streetview your defences for some reason. Bit of a moot point to be honest because Hamas most likely has every inch of that fence network detailed.

matticus

Guru

Yeah, that's gonna end well.
"Sooo ...Is that your house , Boyo?"

D

Deleted member 121

What else can Isreal realitically do to prevent the thread of Hamas and all those Hezbollah fractions Iran has been funding? Other then all out war to root them all out? (which let's not pretend will come and a considerable cost for the isreali army too, as does all urban fighting.

It's like people are completely blind to recent military history or something?

Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member
also still no evidence isreal seek to semtimaircally kill all palestinians
Not sure what this word is and it is probably true that they are not trying to kill  all Palestinians but it certainly looks as if they don't care if they do as long as they get revenge and destroy Hamas. I doubt whether the families of those Palestinians killed are as worried as the people on this forum are about the definition of ethnic cleansing.
they objective is to take out Hamas and they killed two high ranked of them today so not fully unsuccesfull.
Not a bad result, killing two high ranking Hamas members today while accidentally killing 700 Palestinians (some of whom will obviously also be Hamas members). What is the ratio of deaths of civilians to Hamas members that would be unacceptable to you.

The Israelis had a lot of genuine sympathy two weeks ago after the Hamas atrocities, apart from the not unexpected celebrations or crocodile tears from some, and it is understandable and realistic that they should try to destroy Hamas, but their indiscriminate escalation of violence and lack of concern about the death of thousands of innocent civilians, adults and children, is starting to change attitudes. Even the UN has said there have been violations of humanitarian law on both sides...although Israel does not have a good record of listening to the UN.

The scale of this revenge mission is going to mean that the middle east will become ever more dangerous and Israelis will still not be able to live in peace. The cycle of violence will go on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom