Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Legendary Member
So? I didn't ask (or give any opinion) about that.
(Of course I knew someone would write the words in your post, as night follows day ... )

I was answering your your question as to whether it was just his opinion. His was a statement of fact.

Reactions: C R

matticus

Guru
I was answering your your question as to whether it was just his opinion. His was a statement of fact.

Perhaps you missed the bit about "authority" ; I think the question was quite clear. In fact I suspect you wilfuly chose to misconstrue. How unusual on NACA! :biggrin: :biggrin:

C R

Über Member
Perhaps you missed the bit about "authority" ; I think the question was quite clear. In fact I suspect you wilfuly chose to misconstrue. How unusual on NACA! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thing is, if he had been talking about Sudan, there would have been no question about his authority to say those things, so double standards, much?

Ian H

Legendary Member

You asked if they were "just his personal views" - a phrase which suggests something less than strictly factual. It's a loaded phrase.

matticus

Guru
You asked if they were "just his personal views" - a phrase which suggests something less than strictly factual. It's a loaded phrase.

Ian, dear chap ... have a think what his job title is. Is he, perhaps, part of a prominent - some might say influential, even powerful - international organisation?

matticus

Guru
From the Guardian:
15.11 BST
Guterres 'shocked' by 'misrepresentations by some of my statement' on Gaza
The UN secretary-general, António Guterres, has said he has been shocked by misinterpretations of his statement to the UN security council. Israel has called for his resignation over the speech.

“I am shocked by the misrepresentations by some of my statement … as if I was justifying acts of terror by Hamas. This is false. It was the opposite,” Reuters reports. “I believe it’s necessary to set the record straight – especially out of respect for the victims and their families.”

Ironically, half of Naca is people calling other people Nazis.

Seems a bit cheeky to suggest such language is ok for use on a forum but not ok for use by the community who actually suffered under the Nazis. Context no longer appropriate then.

Top Bottom