Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If 1400 dead civilians= a holocaust, what do you call 5000?

I haven't seen anybody call the 7th of October an actual holocaust. Personally I'd call the last fortnight a tragedy for all concerned, and one with no end in sight whilst both sides are mired in ideology and intransigence.

Edited this because I misread the numbers on Multitool's post.

Last edited:

C R

Über Member
I haven't seen anybody call the 7th of October an actual holocaust. Are you referring to the 5,000 Palestinians reported killed at the Gaza hospital? Personally I'd call the last fortnight a tragedy for all concerned, and one with no end in sight whilst both sides are mired in ideology and intransigence.

?

If 1400 dead civilians= a holocaust, what do you call 5000?
Isreali war propganda will have some looser defenitions to use that term, just as Hamas is a bit looser with counting the amounts of death they report. i posted a topic a now few pages back that goes into detail about the (un)reliability of their numbers and yes that includes the UN.

But i see an clear difference between going house to house killing, raping and toturing everything in sight and victims as consequences of rocket installations and such in/or next to schools UN buildings etc.
and the evil regime called Hamas making sure extra people move to the place they expect to be bombed.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
But i see an clear difference between going house to house killing, raping and toturing everything in sight and victims as consequences of rocket installations and such in/or next to schools UN buildings etc.
and the evil regime called Hamas making sure extra people move to the place they expect to be bombed.

What’s your view on the blocking of all fuel, electricity, medicines, food and water to over 2 million people, half of whom are children?

And I don’t think you get, or are allowing yourself to comprehend, how small Gaza is to have 2.3M people squeezed into it.

What’s your view on the blocking of all fuel, electricity, medicines, food and water to over 2 million people, half of whom are children?
Reading is not your strong point i spoke out against that multiple times. Shocker for you might be i'm not 100% pro isreal i have not problem calling them out for their crimes./mistakes/whatever.
And I don’t think you get, or are allowing yourself to comprehend, how small Gaza is to have 2.3M people squeezed into it.
And you imply Isreal shouldn't defend themselves because so many people are chucked into Gaza? Still it's an choice of the terror organisation Hamas to place their launch site on the locations they place them, next to schools and such. Just as it has been proven in the past that they move women and children close to places where they expect an impact.
And the UN kept on supplying them with building material while they could and should have known they where used for building tunnels and not houses hospitals and schools. And what do you do than if you are the un? you stubbornly supply more and more and later blame Isreal for ''the vacuum''

Isreal (sic) ordered occupants of Gaza City to move South to Khan Younis ... and then launched air strikes on Khan Younis.

You can just go f**k yourself with a rusty chainsaw.
i wonder if you would talk like that is it was your family killed and tortured by hamas just because of their ethnicity. You probably wouldn't. Criticizing from he safety of your sofa, an luxury the Israeli's don't have because of daily rocket attacks.
Virtue signaling from your own home is easy, alltough it does this particular attack looks indeed senseless from the outside.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
And yet at every opportunity you seem to be happy to justify Israel and condemn Hamas. They're obliterating each other but Israel apparently with impunity.

It's tragic all round.

And yet at every opportunity you seem to be happy to justify Israel and condemn Hamas. They're obliterating each other but Israel apparently with impunity.
the majority already post about how bad Isreal is, totally ignoring that all the numbers they base themselves on come from a terror organisation and even without war, do you really think Hamas doesn't kill? And more importantly Isreal under Netanyahu like now are not very friendly people but before Hamas and without netanyahu they where much closer to peace.

It's tragic all round.
Agreed

AndyRM

Elder Goth
the majority already post about how bad Isreal is, totally ignoring that all the numbers they base themselves on come from a terror organisation and even without war, do you really think Hamas doesn't kill? And more importantly Isreal under Netanyahu like now are not very friendly people but before Hamas and without netanyahu they where much closer to peace.

Agreed

Yeah, I haven't said any of that.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
And you imply Isreal shouldn't defend themselves because so many people are chucked into Gaza?

Not at all. That’s something you have inferred, wrongly.

I have no problem describing Hamas shooting civilians at a festival as terrorism.
Similarly, I have no problem describing the actions of Israel’s government, through their IDF, as terrorism.

Attacking and punishing the entire population of Gaza is terrorism, with or without warnings.

Top Bottom