Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
Tool...if you seriously think there were only a 'handful of civilian deaths' at the hands of the state you need to do a little more research.There was a reason this government pushed the legacy bill through.

188 civilians were killed by the British Army during 3 decades..

About 30,000 Palestinians were killed by Israel during this period.

The Troubles were a gnats piss of a conflict compared to I/P. That isn't to downplay the loss of the Irish, its to point out the enormity of Palestinian loss.

Reactions: C R

AndyRM

Elder Goth
No the Palestinians did, Hamas since they rule Gaza in 2007 have use all the time between attacks to prepare for new attacks. and their founding documents state Allh will grant them victory in Isreal at one point and after they it's their objective to go after Israel's allies then the world.

No they believe allah will grant them victory but it is an objective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas_Charter#1988_charter

You're extrapolating quite a lot from that.

There are Jews who believe that they have a right to that land because they are God's chosen people and there are American evangelicals who support war in Israel because they believe it will bring about the rapture. Bonkers religious justification for war, atrocity and ethnic cleansing in this particular conflict is not unique to Hamas.
No but Hamas, Isisi , Al-quada are all examples of Islamic terrorist organization who are able and have committed terroristic attacks in the past 30 years. There is no jewish or christian terrorist organization who has done the same in the past 30 years.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
That's an opinion not a fact.

"The US is Israel's largest military backer, providing about $3.8bn of defence aid a year. The Israeli jets bombing Gaza are American-made, as are most of the precision-guided munitions now being used. Some of the interceptor missiles for Israel's Iron Dome air defence system are also produced in the US."

That's just a snippet from the full article: fill your boots.

Also, there have been plenty of what can be considered terrorist acts carried out in the name of Christianity, albeit generally by individuals or a small group.

matticus

Guru
I've listened to some of the discussions involving Northern Ireland, but I really don't think it is very helpful. NI was on a micro level compared to I/P. Most people in NI were unaffected by the troubles, and in the entire 30 years there were only a handful of incidents of civilian deaths at the hands of the State, with Bloody Sunday being the standout. Palestinians have had the equivalent of 76 Bloody Sundays, every year, for 70 years. There is no Palestinian whose life is not affected by life in an apartheid state.

Well, fark me sidesways, I hadn't realised they were so different.
I'd assumed they could just copy-paste the whole agreement, just Tippex over the country state whatever names.

Thankyou!

"The US is Israel's largest military backer, providing about $3.8bn of defence aid a year. The Israeli jets bombing Gaza are American-made, as are most of the precision-guided munitions now being used. Some of the interceptor missiles for Israel's Iron Dome air defence system are also produced in the US."
Yes and?
That's just a snippet from the full article: fill your boots.
why not just share your source?

Also, there have been plenty of what can be considered terrorist acts carried out in the name of Christianity, albeit generally by individuals or a small group.
Yes and? doesn't prove what i assume is @winjim assertion that isreal would be terrorist which is an opinion. still doesn't put single terrorist equal with Hamas Isis etc. before mr/mrs ''islamophobia'' bustst in i'm not saying it due to islam, i'm saying islam is currently the most abused religion for extremism.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yes and?

why not just share your source?

Yes and? doesn't prove what i assume is @winjim assertion that isreal would be terrorist which is an opinion. still doesn't put single terrorist equal with Hamas Isis etc. before mr/mrs ''islamophobia'' bustst in i'm not saying it due to islam, i'm saying islam is currently the most abused religion for extremism.

It's not an opinion at all, it's a fact. I thought I'd included the link, but forgot:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67192779

I'm not speaking for @winjim, he's perfectly capable of speaking for himself. My opinion is that any act of terrorism isn't acceptable, regardless of the size of group which carries it out.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm happy for us to discuss definitions of terms so we're all singing from the same hymn sheet, as it were. @dutchguylivingintheuk how are you defining terrorism in a way that objectively and unquestionably includes Hamas but leaves the actions of the state of Israel as a matter of opinion?

Top Bottom