Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I can be so crude and controversial, one could say that today’s children are tomorrow’s IDF personnel and reservists (*). Therefore, they are fair game for slaughter.
And if Isreal would you the same logic it would be called Ethnic cleansing, alltough the palestian arabs and/or middle eastern countries in general do very little efforts to hide their dislike for Jews. Some if these countries slowly seem to come around but that has been put in the fridge too now, so a other win for Hams/Iran.

But, that would be very insensitive of me. So, I shall refrain.

By the way, Hamas did not target Israeli civilians until the 1994 massacre of Muslim worshippers by Baruch Goldstein and the unjust Israeli response to Muslim protestors on the back of this. When Hamas asked the Israeli military to cease killing Palestinian civilians, they refused to formally agree.
You forgot to mention according to them, just as so many things they are not very reliable.
* every Israeli has to perform military service and be available for military duty. The only ones that can avoid this are those who devote their life to religious study. These also happen to be staunch Zionists calling for action against the Palestinians. Ohh, the irony.
Same for Hamas although maybe not on paper, daily practice is different off course.
(isreali military service is btw not very different to many other countries apart from women being called for it too.)

Rusty Nails

Country Member
FFS, Rusty. Get off the fucking fence for once I your life.

Whichever side I jump on will be populated by the predictably and performatively outraged, many of whom choose to be more outraged by the actions of Israel than they are, say, of Russia in Ukraine.

This whole conflict is the responsibility of Israel who have been getting away with murder for years supported by the US.

This rapid escalation has been caused by the murderous actions of Hamas who calculated that there would have to be a violent reaction from Israel, knowing and not caring that civilians would be killed, and probably hoping other Arab nations would become involved. Whether they knew it would be this violent is a moot point.

Of course Israel are beyond wrong for their destruction of Gaza and the indiscriminate killing of Palestinian civilians, who themselves are cowed by Hamas, and there should be an immediate ceasefire. The UN should do more, including sending in a peacekeeping force, but of course they will not because Israel will object and the big players will veto it. The UN has always been useless over Israel as they have over many other matters because of these vetoes.

I will not join in the automated chorus of criticism from the terraces of just one side because there is so much to despise about Israel and Hamas and very little to like. The violence of Hamas is a direct result of the violence of Israel, which explains but doesn't excuse it.

I am bemused that criticism of Hamas is being labelled islamaphobic, even on this forum, while, of course, anti-semitism forms no part of the criticism of Israel. There has been a huge increase in anti-semitic abuse (against Jews not Israelis) and an increase in islamaphobic abuse (against Muslims not Palestinians) since this recent escalation of violence in the UK so of course there is an anti-semitic/islamaphobic element to the whole shitshow.

Last edited:
Indeed, no one has done more to undermine the credibility of the UN than the US abusing their veto in the security council to protect Israel.
No the UN is way better at that, ask Hamas from their underground shelter built under a hospital with UN supplied materials intended for rebuilding Gaza.

@Rusty Nails Peacekeeping force, all Isreals fault etc. etc. in what world would a peacekeeping force work against terrorist? The last times they had peace they killed numerous Palestinians, build tunnels and underground buildings under hospitals all with the same UN who according to some should form a peacekeeping force, how it that going to work? The UN showed they have ZERO ability to control Hamas.

Below is a video of A son of one of the founders of Hamas, he is very clear they need to enter Gaza(What they now seem to be doing) and they need to defeat Hamas, it is going to be ugly but waiting and do nothing is the worser option.
''The son of Hamas founder Sheikh Hassan Yousef, who defected from the terrorist group and served as an Israeli spy for years, is warning Americans and the rest of the world how his father and his army wants to 'annihilate' Jewish people and establish sharia law around the world.''

View: https://youtu.be/jwvsrybklf8

you would say he would known better than any of us where he is talking about.

CXRAndy

Guru
Typical military tactics, disrupt communications, cut energy, food and water, attack strategic points in preparation for major assault.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Fûck me, just come back from chilling with some sick dub, to find I'm the grown up, conciliatory relaxed one :blink:
There was I thinking you had developed a soft side by sitting with a sick friend but Google tells me that's not what you've been doing at all.

multitool

Pharaoh
There was I thinking you had developed a soft side by sitting with a sick friend but Google tells me that's not what you've been doing at all.

Popped out for a quiet pint in my local with an early night in mind. Ended up in a warehouse dancing to hard dubstep and roots.

Not at all how I'd envisaged things panning out

Last edited:
Top Bottom