Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
Nope. Still not a clue. Discos have changed since my youth.

You could always use Ask Jeeves or Lycis and find out for yourself ;)

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Popped out for a quiet pint in my local with an early night in mind. Ended up in a warehouse dancing to hard dubstep and roots.

Not at all how I'd envisaged things panning out

Best nights out are always unplanned. But you were back by midnight, that's a very early warehouse party.

multitool

Pharaoh
Best nights out are always unplanned. But you were back by midnight, that's a very early warehouse party.

Indeed. That is because it was unplanned. I'm sure you understand the constraints and responsibilities of being a parent.

I love my kids, but to be honest, the music was so good last night that if I could have pushed them back up my wife's flange I probably would have done.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Indeed. That is because it was unplanned. I'm sure you understand the constraints and responsibilities of being a parent.

I love my kids, but to be honest, the music was so good last night that if I could have pushed them back up my wife's flange I probably would have done.

Oh I believe you, I haven't made it out to a proper party in years.

People will no doubt pick and choose what they want to take from this article. This is my choice:

We Israelis must begin to finally confront the delusion that we have been living for decades with almost total acceptance. It should become clear to us all that you cannot occupy another people for 56 years and expect to have peace. You cannot lock more than 2 million people into what is a human cage and expect to have quiet.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-future-of-hamas-after-october-7-2023-part-1/

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Have we reached the point in this conflict where we can stop agonising about the rights and wrongs and fault and all that mega-boring shit, and can sit back and enjoy the new-fangled military tech?
Those Israeli's have spongebobs in their arsenal; instant fatbergs!
No mention of the temperatures these chemicals reach when reacting, sadly. Scalding would be cool.

Last edited:

Milzy

IMG_3062.jpeg

To understand why Hezbollah joins Hamas in its endless war against Israel, you need to go back to who commonly supports Hezbollah and Hamas.

Which country supports the two terrorist organizations?

This country is Iran.

Iran supports both countries in the endless war against Israel.

The two countries want the same thing: to create chaos in the area. Both countries want to destroy Israel. Therefore, it is not surprising that Hezbollah opens a new front in the North when it sees Israel attacked by Hamas in the South.

Iran is behind all this. Iran wants chaos. Iran therefore unfortunately obtained what it wanted with this reaction from Israel.
If the Zionists ceasefire they’ll still be targeted if they don’t they risk escalation. They are in a bit of a pickle.

C R

Über Member
View attachment 4849
To understand why Hezbollah joins Hamas in its endless war against Israel, you need to go back to who commonly supports Hezbollah and Hamas.

Which country supports the two terrorist organizations?

This country is Iran.

The two countries want the same thing: to create chaos in the area. Both countries want to destroy Israel. Therefore, it is not surprising that Hezbollah opens a new front in the North when it sees Israel attacked by Hamas in the South.

Iran is behind all this. Iran wants chaos. Iran therefore unfortunately obtained what it wanted with this reaction from Israel.
If the Zionists ceasefire they’ll still be targeted if they don’t they risk escalation. They are in a bit of a pickle.

Only the problem started long before hamas, hezbollah or the islamic republic of iran even existed. In all this time Israel has paid lip service to wanting peace, and instead has been squeezing the Palestinians into an ever smaller area of land. So nice try, but that cartoon is böllocks.

C R

Über Member
As I said above, Hamas should support a complete ceasefire and letting go of their ideological claims. Israel's government to do the same. Without an end to the ideology there will be no long term resolution to the violence. Long term, the negotiation of a 2 state solution.

What's your solution? A realistic solution that both sides could live with even if it's not ideal, obviously.

For start there has to be a recognition of the enormity of the sacrifice that was forced on the Palestinians to make way for the creation of the state of Israel.

multitool

Pharaoh

Err...which two countries?

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
If your belief system says God promised you this land 5000 years ago, you have the right to take it because you are fulfilling God’s instruction.

What if this belief is a true belief? I linked to good reasons for believing this earlier. Even if you don't accept this it explains why America in particular has supported the right of Israel to exist, and I don't think it is unreasonable to show why they may be mistaken in doing this.

This does not mean the Israelis or anyone else are free to commit crimes.

The west Germans played a significant role in the economic rise of Israel out from being an unproductive desert via reparations, and I cannot imagine anyone objecting to that.

I recently binned an ageing book on Israel written by a man who was there all the way through the founding. I wish I hadn't now, as although it was sympathetic to the creation of the state it gave a record of the history of what went on from an eye witness. I cannot but believe a lot of mythology has grown up around the issue in the meantime of both Jew good and Arab bad and vice versa.

A lot of the problem as I understand it stems from the stupid British during the mandate. They tried to allow immigration into the land by both Jews and Arabs, a sure recipe for conflict. They then tried to prevent Jewish immigration from Europe, even sending them back to camps in Germany. Some time ago I heard an Israeli pastor (an Englishman listening to a Polish Jew speaking German!) who was a holocaust survivor recount his experiences in Poland and the Warsaw uprising, and subsequent mistreatment by the British when he attempted to get to Israel. In the circumstances not the country's finest hour.

It was a sure sign of the end of Britain as a great world power despite emerging victorious from WW2.

Top Bottom