Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
complicit
IMG_3957.jpeg

Please keep threads clear by refraining from replying to him, other than to call him a knob.

Yeah, sorry.

He has an attack of the vapours if he sees someone wearing clothes he thinks are gender inappropriate so I’m not sure how he’d fare standing up to Hamas.

multitool

Pharaoh

It's abundantly clear that there is no military solution to the IP conflict, only a political solution. The US tried for 20 years to kill its way to peace in Afghanistan with the end result that the people now in power are the people they were killing, with the somewhat embarrassing fact that those people seem to be delivering relative peace and stability, just as they did from 1996-2001. (yes, I realise things are shît for women, hence 'relative')

It is clear that the extremists who hold power on both sides (although this is an over-simplification of both sides) will not be part of the political solution but they may eventually be a catalyst.

It is also clear that any political solution will only be a solution if it offers redress to the Palestinians. It doesn't have to be a return to the 13th May 1948, because the Palestinians long ago accepted 78% of the current Israeli lands & Occupied territories as Israeli.

As to those cartoons, yes. You would not expect to see much in the way of level-headed discussion on a media that by design promotes polarisation, only allows the most superficial of commentary, with all of this being carried out in a battle for 'likes'. This battle is not the battle, even though it may seem so from the end of a digit tapping away on a smartphone screen. It is part of the battle, which is why those same media are awash with state-sponsored propaganda also promoting a polarised view.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's abundantly clear that there is no military solution to the IP conflict, only a political solution. The US tried for 20 years to kill its way to peace in Afghanistan with the end result that the people now in power are the people they were killing, with the somewhat embarrassing fact that those people seem to be delivering relative peace and stability, just as they did from 1996-2001. (yes, I realise things are shît for women, hence 'relative')

It is clear that the extremists who hold power on both sides (although this is an over-simplification of both sides) will not be part of the political solution but they may eventually be a catalyst.

It is also clear that any political solution will only be a solution if it offers redress to the Palestinians. It doesn't have to be a return to the 13th May 1948, because the Palestinians long ago accepted 78% of the current Israeli lands & Occupied territories as Israeli.

As to those cartoons, yes. You would not expect to see much in the way of level-headed discussion on a media that by design promotes polarisation, only allows the most superficial of commentary, with all of this being carried out in a battle for 'likes'. This battle is not the battle, even though it may seem so from the end of a digit tapping away on a smartphone screen. It is part of the battle, which is why those same media are awash with state-sponsored propaganda also promoting a polarised view.

Too sensible. How could we have 66 pages of "discussion"? ;)

multitool

Pharaoh
It is part of the battle, which is why those same media are awash with state-sponsored propaganda also promoting a polarised view.

Self-quoting here...

Here is an example of the propaganda. It's sole aim is to delegitimise the criticism and protest, justify more violence, but above all sow fear among the Jewish population of the UK for its own ends.

Bonus LOL at who was first in the replies to offer support...

Screenshot_20231029_090352_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nobody on this forum has supported Hamas' disgusting actions at any point so, I think, you've just wasted time posting that.
Nope you just misunderstood

We all know the majority of Muslims have no time for Hamas/Hezbollah. In fact, Humza Yousaf, Scottish First Minister and Muslim (who has family trapped in Gaza) has called out Hamas/Hezbollah on numerous occasions over the past few weeks.
If ''we all known that'' why does the ''we want to protect palestians'' have to be repeated so much? Maybe because the inconvenient truth is Hamas also has a significant amount of support in the west?

Also one of the tweets responded to that claim this one
View: https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1718374003163717996

He's also been one of the few major European leaders, Ireland and Spain included, who have called for an immediate ceasefire.
So hamas can break that ceasefire again?
Facts are not whataboutery.
no but the general line of response, yes but Isreal is really an shithole and an oppesor so they kind of desverved those bullets is. (and no noone says it litterly but that where it comes down too.)

The "you support Hamas" trick comes from the same playbook as eliding criticism of Israel with anti-semitism. In fact, its been widened now to include any expression of empathy with Palestinians as being generated by anti-semitic beliefs.
No, it is both, surely there are enough people showing general concern for Palestianians, strangely enough none of those it calling out Egypt for not letting them in, as a fellow Arab country you would expect that, just as Europe helped Ukraine and people fleeing from that war.
But there are also those waving Isis/Hamas and other flags at every opportunity and or adjusted slogans just to show support for Hamas. There is so many evidence of this you can't deny it i leave in the middle whether it is genuine chosen support or just being stupid and not knowing where they are about but in here the hatread that many Arab communities learn and have against Jews once again shines trough.

Naturally, I'm sure we all believe that if it were Buddists or Christians driving the Palestinians from their homes, and killing thousands in the process, that we would all be cool with it.
Bullshite point because you known very damn well the history between Arab and Jews and the way how Jews are hated in many Arab countries.

Self-quoting here...

Here is an example of the propaganda. It's sole aim is to delegitimise the criticism and protest, justify more violence, but above all sow fear among the Jewish population of the UK for its own ends.

De aim of propaganda i gonna repost below the clip ''hamas in 1 minute'' please watch it and answer the following questions

1. why are palestianians still so poor that they need humantarian aid, many children die of water poisening etc. if hamas is the richest terrorist organisation?

2. What would an ceasefire accomplish? other then give Hamas time and means to continue their usual ways?

View: https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1718308457248416204

View attachment 4855
oh yeah the protest of which an MP claimed there where 500.000 but in reality it was between 70 and 50k she probably watched to much Hamas propaganda, they are just as good with numbers.

Thank Israel for doing the unenviable task of rooting out Hamas from those complicit Palestinians .
calling all Palestinians complicit goes a bit far for me, however without Hamas they might actually have a government that really makes infrastructure instead of bombs and basements.

multitool

Pharaoh
@dutchguylivingintheuk

Just so you know, I have you on ignore. I clicked reveal once, and saw that you were quoting me.

I don't read or respond to your posts, so if you post expecting a response you will not find your expectations met.

C R

Über Member
Self-quoting here...

View attachment 4855

Oh, and let me think who else was a victim of the any criticism of Israel is antisemitism trope ... Have you just woken up to this problem?

@dutchguylivingintheuk

Just so you know, I have you on ignore. I clicked reveal once, and saw that you were quoting me.

I don't read or respond to your posts, so if you post expecting a response you will not find your expectations met.
See if i care, i mean it save me reading an post that begins with a wrong feeling of self-importance and ends with it.

I didn't, I said those, not all.
You're correct, I read @multitool call not to reply for you an in an instant rush i did reply to you sorry for the misunderstanding...

Can we agree that @multitool is actually just a ''tool'' ?

Top Bottom