Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
It sometimes feels like even when Starmer admits his error of judgement you will still be saying he was right.

Come to think of it, has anyone seen tool and Lady Miss Keir in the same room?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Interesting article here, although check the date, regarding Israel's supposed right to self defence. It basically goes back to the first point I made in this thread, post #2.

You can only declare war against a state right? So you have to recognise that state?

I know that the opposing view has been discussed elsewhere but the argument is that Article 51 of the UN charter, the right to self defence, applies only to a state defending itself against attack by another state. It can't be applied to an attack from occupied territory since that's an area ostensibly under the control of the occupying power.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/article-51-israels-false-claim/

D

Deleted member 121

it's the old leftish ''i don't agree with him so he must be stupid''

Then proceeds to post this:

Nice twitter picture thingy for all those ''i stand with'' types:

View: https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1718666030170399084/photo/1

Every little helps..

Which features more images of "flying" than it does "standing"...

Take it away George...

Reactions: C R

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Berlin, where the govt has banned pro-Palestinian protests...

This shows the danger of getting your news information from social media. It's simply not true.

The right to assemble to protest is guaranteed under the constitution. This includes supporting Palestinians and carrying their flag is allowed. What is not allowed is showing any support for known terrorist organisations, which would include Hamas, either in word or displaying flags and emblems. Stirring up hatred of other ethnicities also not allowed, and this would include displays of hatred towards Jews of the 'gas the Jews' variety in Sydney or celebrating the massacre perpetrated by Hamas. The historical reason for this ought to be only too obvious. A raw conscience only too well aware of where such hatred leads.

Burning the Israeli flag is illegal, as is burning any national flag.

Now some pro-Palestinian demonstrations have been banned, where the authorities considered the illegal activity noted above was likely to occur e.g. organised by known terrorist sympathisers. This can and has been challenged in the courts, a fast-track procedure is available, and at least on one occasion the ban was lifted as the court wasn't satisfied anything illegal was likely to occur.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
See yon "Imam of Peace" fella, Mohamad Tawhidi? He's a pro-Israel fella, who seems to really hate his own religion. Must be hard.

Top Bottom