Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is 'freedom for Palestine' the same thing as ending the existence or Israel?

A don't think a secular democratic state with Muslims in it is very feasible. Turkey is the nearest this has been achieved, but is moving away from it. Islam is a theocracy and has to be supreme - other religions have to be subordinate. I don't see how you could get equality. Seems to be a western fantasy.

Israel is not an apartheid state within its own territory. The 20% of the population who are Palestinian have the same rights as everyone else even if they do have a legacy of being less well off.
Apartheid is a Dutch word, so i can with absolute certainty state that in an ''apartheid state'' things like below cannot happen.(despite it being obvious propaganda)

View: https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1719635501966037425

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
A don't think a secular democratic state with Muslims in it is very feasible. Turkey is the nearest this has been achieved, but is moving away from it. Islam is a theocracy and has to be supreme - other religions have to be subordinate. I don't see how you could get equality. Seems to be a western fantasy.

Are you sure? I live in a Christian theocracy, but I'm an atheist of Irish Catholic descent, I know loads of Muslims and we all seem to rub along pretty well. So I'm willing to give secular democracy a try.

C R

Über Member
Are you sure? I live in a Christian theocracy, but I'm an atheist of Irish Catholic descent, I know loads of Muslims and we all seem to rub along pretty well. So I'm willing to give secular democracy a try.

OTOH, christan fundamentalists in the US and jewish fundamentalists in Israel are trying to turn their secular democracies into theocracies, so YMMV.

it seems to me there is a danger of the wholesale gratuitous massacre of civilians being forgotten.
What would be a fitting memorial? More killing of innocent civilians?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Question for those who claim Israel has a right to defend itself:

Does the same apply to Palestine? Does Palestine have the right to defend itself? And if not, why not?

I'm not asking if you consider that the Hamas attack was Palestine defending itself, I'm simply asking whether you consider that Palestine has the same right in this regard as Israel.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Does the same apply to Palestine? Does Palestine have the right to defend itself? And if not, why not?

I'm not asking if you consider that the Hamas attack was Palestine defending itself, I'm simply asking whether you consider that Palestine has the same right in this regard as Israel.

Yes, and yes...and so on and on and on and on and on.....................

D

Deleted member 159

If you're accepting that Palestinians are equally liable for the atrocities. Then yes they can try and defend themselves.

No holds barred, no quarter given

Top Bottom