Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

😄

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3
D

Deleted member 159

Where have we seen that before in history? Oh yes, The Warsaw Ghetto.

Well done Israel. Using the same tactics that the Nazi's used in the 30s/40s.

Encircling and siege has been battlefield tactic for hundreds, if not thousand years

See the famous Encirclement has been used throughout the centuries by military leaders, including generals such as Spartacus, Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, Khalid bin Waleed, Hannibal, Sun Tzu, Yi Sun Shin, Shaka Zulu, von Wallenstein, Nader Shah, Napoleon, von Moltke, Heinz Guderian, von Rundstedt, von Manstein, Zhukov, Patton and Soleimani.

Last edited by a moderator:

multitool

multitool

Back to the problematic notion of "ceasefire".

It strikes me that people are viewing this as a zero-sum game, as if there are only two opposing options: no reaction and no self-defence versus obliterating Gaza. In some ways it is correct because Israel has long had a doctrine of 'disproportionality', whereby they will extract a price in blood many, many times higher than the one they paid. Hamas, of course, know this and are willingly sacrificing their own people to try and shore up their own declining power, and take over the PLO, which is what this is all about.

But the problem is that there are hostages still in Gaza and Hamas are still attacking Israel. Despite all the underlying reasons for the conflict Israel has to respond. It cannot sit in its hands and we cannot expect it to. That isn't to absolve Israel in any way for its own human rights abuses over decades, it's apartheid state, it's institutional racism, and it's probable war crimes.

At the moment neither faction wants a ceasefire. Hamas is hoping that Hezbollah will join in, and I suspect promises were made that it would. It seems unlikely that Hamas planned this without regional consultation. On whose ears are the calls for ceasefire to fall? Because neither side are listening.

This is why foreign governments are not publicly calling for ceasefire, but are calling for 'pause'. They are addressing the underlying issues by calling for a "two state solution".

They won't get either of these because Hamas and Nethanyahu are two cheeks of the same arse, and the current horror has arisen because both sides are extremists. They need each other. Hamas needs Nethanyahu's extremism to justify its own. Nethanyahu needs this war to keep himself out of prison.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Back to the problematic notion of "ceasefire".

It strikes me that people are viewing this as a zero-sum game, as if there are only two opposing options: no reaction and no self-defence versus obliterating Gaza. In some ways it is correct because Israel has long had a doctrine of 'disproportionality', whereby they will extract a price in blood many, many times higher than the one they paid. Hamas, of course, know this and are willingly sacrificing their own people to try and shore up their own declining power, and take over the PLO, which is what this is all about.

But the problem is that there are hostages still in Gaza and Hamas are still attacking Israel. Despite all the underlying reasons for the conflict Israel has to respond. It cannot sit in its hands and we cannot expect it to. That isn't to absolve Israel in any way for its own human rights abuses over decades, it's apartheid state, it's institutional racism, and it's probable war crimes.

At the moment neither faction wants a ceasefire. Hamas is hoping that Hezbollah will join in, and I suspect promises were made that it would. It seems unlikely that Hamas planned this without regional consultation. On whose ears are the calls for ceasefire to fall? Because neither side are listening.

This is why foreign governments are not publicly calling for ceasefire, but are calling for 'pause'. They are addressing the underlying issues by calling for a "two state solution".

They won't get either of these because Hamas and Nethanyahu are two cheeks of the same arse, and the current horror has arisen because both sides are extremists. They need each other. Hamas needs Nethanyahu's extremism to justify its own. Nethanyahu needs this war to keep himself out of prison.
Now you put it like that indiscriminately bombing gaza and the deliberate mass killing of civilians doesn't seem so bad ?
What was it you were saying "Starmer doesn't want to smash his future relationship with the USA as that would be silly" I wonder how many dead civilians is his red line ?

View: https://twitter.com/joshruebner/status/1720179140022677936?t=XC1_HO0J4XjHFkkRVIhNRA&s=19

multitool

Now you put it like that indiscriminately bombing gaza and the deliberate mass killing of civilians doesn't seem so bad ?
What was it you were saying "Starmer doesn't want to smash his future relationship with the USA as that would be silly" I wonder how many dead civilians is his red line ?

View: https://twitter.com/joshruebner/status/1720179140022677936?t=XC1_HO0J4XjHFkkRVIhNRA&s=19

You operate on a binary factional level, Adam. It's either outrage or nothing with you.

You are the archetypal product of the Twitter age.

Milzy

Hi, I’d just like to point out that Isreal have been playing the victims for a long time now. They were under genocide from the Nazis so should know better. What they’re doing inside Gaza is genocide yet we in the West are meant to be supporting this? Disgusting.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 159

Hi, I’d just like to point out that Isreal have been playing the victims for a long time now. They were under genocide from the Nazis so should know better. What they’re doing inside Gaza is genocide yet we in the West are meant to be supporting this? Disgusting.

Wasn't it necessary for the Nazis to be wiped out in the second world war? Pursued into the heart of Germany

The German population overall suffered huge casualties. A consequence of needing to wipe out Hitler's regime completely.

Top Bottom