Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

By "archetypal product of Twitter generation" I meant reductivism and the requirement to pick a side, defend it regardless and view everything as a binary.

That is you. Demonstrably, here in this thread, it is not me.
I know exactly what you meant...you like to call others out.Was you not trying to do this with Andy and his Wiki link earlier ? You did exactly the same as shown above.
Don't like it when its you ?

multitool

Fụck off, Adam.

multitool

Was Were you not trying to do this with Andy and his Wiki link earlier ? You did exactly the same as shown above.

You thick fūck. In my post I am literally quoting two people. :laugh:

Me linking them to demonstrate that neither side is suing for peace is hardly a feat of mind-blowing genius. It's readily apparent to everybody except those, like yourself, who function at an amoebic level. It is hardly a coincidence that I chose to quote the IDF spokesman, Peter Lerner, who is all over UK media currently, and Ghazi Hamad, the deputy leader of Hamas who made an incendiary broadcast that is also all over the media.

If you want Starmer to call for a ceasefire it has to be addressed to both parties, because both are fighting... especially Hamas who initiated the current outbreak of extreme violence. But neither side wants to stop and are declaring it. So the best bet is to call for a "pause" on humanitarian grounds, which is pretty much what all western leaders are doing.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I am puzzled by this idea of a "pause", in the fighting.

Presumably, that means BOTH sides stop fighting, whilst humanitarian aid is delivered to civilians, and/or, civilians are evacuated, and/or, hostages released?. Then, battle may re-start, and, the killing continue?

To my simple mind, it is a sort of.... what's the word?..... ahh, yes, a ceasefire.

Whatever word is used, sadly, I don't think it is going to happen.

Reactions: C R

matticus

Guru
I am puzzled by this idea of a "pause", in the fighting.

Presumably, that means BOTH sides stop fighting, whilst humanitarian aid is delivered to civilians, and/or, civilians are evacuated, and/or, hostages released?. Then, battle may re-start, and, the killing continue?

To my simple mind, it is a sort of.... what's the word?..... ahh, yes, a ceasefire.

Whatever word is used, sadly, I don't think it is going to happen.

Perhaps we should learn from the Oct 5th Ceasefire?

D

Deleted member 159

Multi going :laugh:

20230714_201054.gif

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Perhaps we should learn from the Oct 5th Ceasefire?

Maybe

Poacher

Regular

Another interesting piece from that site, which by the way claims (correctly as far as I can tell) to be "JEWISH. INDEPENDENT. NONPROFIT", about the kind of murder of a Palestinian which seems to be a frequent occurrence in the illegally occupied West Bank. The murderer, who has allegedly been arrested (very unusual) is said to be an off-duty soldier, so it's most unlikely that justice will be seen to be done.
https://forward.com/opinion/567856/...stinian-farmer-murder-israeli-settler-donkey/

The world needs more people like Robby Berman, and more publicity for cases like this one.

multitool

Sweary bloke with grossly inflated idea of his own intellect.
I was going to say, pound shop Dominic Cummings. But Cummings is a bit pound shop already - do pound shop have a remainder aisle?

I'm acutely aware of my own limitations and failings. You've no idea.

But, that said, compared to you I am an intellectual giant.

Soz.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom