Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Wasn't it necessary for the Nazis to be wiped out in the second world war? Pursued into the heart of Germany

The German population overall suffered huge casualties. A consequence of needing to wipe out Hitler's regime completely.

It’s a shame many fled to South America and Ukraine and died without been put on trial. Then one was discovered alive recently and the Canadian government took pity on him when he should have been jailed. There’s 0 chance they’ll get every Hamas member. Then again I bet if Isreal destroyed all their weapons and wanted peace, Hamas would move in and kill every last Jew.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Some interesting context around the phrase 'from the river to the sea'

https://forward.com/opinion/415250/from-the-river-to-the-sea-doesnt-mean-what-you-think-it-means/

Milzy

You just know both sides are guilty of war crimes which will all be swept under the carpet.

multitool

I wonder if "sea" and "free" rhymes in Arabic too.

Edit: Fûck me it does! (almost)

من النهر إلى البحر
فلسطين سوف تكون حرة

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I wonder if "sea" and "free" rhymes in Arabic too.

Edit: Fûck me it does! (almost)

من النهر إلى البحر
فلسطين سوف تكون حرة

I did idly wonder how much poetic licence had been taken with the translation.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Hi, I’d just like to point out that Isreal have been playing the victims for a long time now. They were under genocide from the Nazis so should know better. What they’re doing inside Gaza is genocide yet we in the West are meant to be supporting this? Disgusting.

hqdefault (1).jpg

matticus

Guru
You just know both sides are guilty of war crimes which will all be swept under the carpet.

Despite most finding it distasteful, this was probably a necessary step in reaching peace in NI.

D

Deleted member 159

Personally I don't think equating this conflict to Nazi Germany, or any other thing which may be vaguely similar, is particularly helpful. It only adds fuel to an already raging inferno.

How about Pearl harbour. USA wiped out the Japanese military and ideology

D

Deleted member 159

It’s a shame many fled to South America and Ukraine and died without been put on trial. Then one was discovered alive recently and the Canadian government took pity on him when he should have been jailed. There’s 0 chance they’ll get every Hamas member. Then again I bet if Isreal destroyed all their weapons and wanted peace, Hamas would move in and kill every last Jew.

They will get enough to collapse the regime

D

Deleted member 49

Reactions: C R

multitool

Not much different yourself ?

By "archetypal product of Twitter generation" I meant reductivism and the requirement to pick a side, defend it regardless and view everything as a binary.

That is you. Demonstrably, here in this thread, it is not me.

Top Bottom