Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

Woke up to find all the news outlets alight with Israeli forces moving in on hamas

Oh yes I was, comparing UK to Germany. I thought you luvvies were attuned to all details

Do I need to spell it out for you :laugh:

I’ve just read it again and you’re talking bollox.

Here’s the post below. No mention of the UK, post 1417

There is no tit for tat in war. Germany suffered far more casualties both in soldiers and civilians. It was necessary to crush the German war machine.

All Israel is doing is ensuring that there is nothing left of a war/terrorist group to threaten the Israeli people in the future.

There will possibly many years of occupation to ensure a peaceful administration is formed in gaza

Last edited:

Ian H

Legendary Member
What is to be gained by engaging with either of our resident hasbara shitfunnels?

Is it because it's more fun than an impact puncture riding home from the pub? (fortunately very near home).

D

Deleted member 121

Germany was occupied for many year after the war.

It would be totally reckless to leave the area to themselves. A vacuum will occur once the war has ended. It will take time to re establish order and governance.

I doubt Israel wants the commitment, but it all depends on the people of Gaza. If they persist in wanting war. Israel will not ever again standby and let any people arm themselves against them.

Why is this event a comparison that works for you? Germany was a VASTLY superior military and economic power on the continent and would happily debate the finer details of how close they came to conquering Europe. Hubris, idiocy and luck are possibly the only reasons the tide turned at Stalingrad. But anyway, Gaza is tiny, very poor and the arms used by Hamas more closely resemble what 1950s USSR had than anything IDF possess now. Frankly, you might get away with comparing the invasion of Afghanistan than anything comparable with Nazi Germany and the proceeding decade following 1945. But that would not fit your narrative, undoubtedly. It was never going to be difficult for the IDF to get their boots stomping on the ground in Gaza, but the subsequent months and years are going to take its toll on everybody and it's unclear what the long term situation is going to be. The imposition of a new government will not change the resolve of the Palestinian people or create stability in the region and if the goals of the Israeli government is long term occupation and control, well, subjugation, then the situation is going to be even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 159

Why is this event a comparison that works for you?

An army that wanted to eradicate the Jewish people in recent history. The whole regime, ideologue needed to be eradicated.

Germany, its people, its army were pounded by allied forces, hunted down into the heart of their boundaries.

War has casualties, innocents and guilty. Regrettable, but necessary to destroy, this is what Israel is doing to hamas.

D

Deleted member 121

An army that wanted to eradicate the Jewish people in recent history. The whole regime, ideologue needed to be eradicated.

Germany, its people, its army were pounded by allied forces, hunted down into the heart of their boundaries.

War has casualties, innocents and guilty. Regrettable, but necessary to destroy, this is what Israel is doing to hamas.

I'm not going to bother going into the intricacies of this as I know you cannot be serious. You must have more knowledge of history than that of a four year old, so I'm not going to engage as I refuse to have my chain yanked... However, I reckon, whilst there is no love lost between the Israeli and Palestinian people, the overwhelming majority do not want to kill each other.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm not going to bother going into the intricacies of this as I know you cannot be serious. You must have more knowledge of history than that of a four year old, so I'm not going to engage as I refuse to have my chain yanked... However, I reckon, whilst there is no love lost between the Israeli and Palestinian people, the overwhelming majority do not want to kill each other.

You know, I don't think he does. A glimmer of that knowledge could have appeared by now, you would have thought?

Top Bottom