Just Stop P*ssing Everyone Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yes, but possibly quite a helpful one to JSO as it turned out.

“But after explaining their reasoning for demanding an end to new oil and gas, the counter-protesters dispersed.”

Beebo

Veteran
I imagine at the time they came up with the plan in the pub it sounded like a great idea.

But once reality hit them and they were actually standing there surrounding JSO it suddenly became extremely uncomfortable.

And if you don’t have full conviction in your cause you’re just going to pack up and go home.

JSO protesters don’t enjoy doing their stunts but have the benefit of being the fully engaged with the subject matter.

Yeah, it'll be the green with the orange stain on it.

As much as he believes himself to be a tremendous golfer, Donald Trump was no where near the Royal Liverpool Golf Club this weekend.

Yes, but possibly quite a helpful one to JSO as it turned out.

“But after explaining their reasoning for demanding an end to new oil and gas, the counter-protesters dispersed.”
Do you believe that yourself? It was for a youtube prank channel, they left because they had enough footage and had other things to do, editing it all into content for example.
They later disrupted a JSO strategy meeting with rape alarms on ballons.. let me guess they also left because Jso convinced them? Nope they just schooled jso in how annoying protest can be counter annoyed. Without using violence without dragging Jso protestors of the road.

mudsticks

Squire
Do you believe that yourself? It was for a youtube prank channel, they left because they had enough footage and had other things to do, editing it all into content for example.
They later disrupted a JSO strategy meeting with rape alarms on ballons.. let me guess they also left because Jso convinced them? Nope they just schooled jso in how annoying protest can be counter annoyed. Without using violence without dragging Jso protestors of the road.

It's all fine because it gets the JSO message out to a wider audience

The fact that the 'pranksters' think they're oh so funny and clever for doing it is neither here nor there.

Anyway, shouldn't those 'pranksters' be 'getting a job' or 'washing' or something 🤪

It's all fine because it gets the JSO message out to a wider audience
No it responds in an non-violent way to their continues disruption/protest. a piece of their own medicine
However the implied sentence where i responded to that they did listen to their claims is not expanded and on their wider video's now published countered that claim because they went on with a other prank. something you wouldn't do if you're suddenly convinced of the goal of the protest.

The fact that the 'pranksters' think they're oh so funny and clever for doing it is neither here nor there.
I think they showed how to counter these protestors without dragging them across the road etc. that it's part of their prank/funny video's whatever is something else.
Anyway, shouldn't those 'pranksters' be 'getting a job' or 'washing' or something 🤪
making those video's is their job, that you don't like them is something else

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I quoted the news report. I don't know if it's true but it doesn't really matter.

All publicity is good publicity for JSO. I don't think they will persuade the rabid deniers but the hope is that their campaign will keep the climate emergency at the top of the agenda.

The problem is that the climate emergency is not really at the top of the agenda.

There are many other things that hit the top of the agenda now that people are bored with Ukraine and Boris has gone, including important things like the troubles of Huw Edwards, Philip Schofield and Nigel Farage.

When the climate emergency features it is usually providing background for other stories such as ULEZ, people having their holidays spoiled in Greece, the cricket/tennis/snooker being inconvenienced.

At the moment those annoying pests/selfless heroes (delete as applicable), JSO are the news rather than climate change itself. That's just boring stuff for scientists.

The problem is that the climate emergency is not really at the top of the agenda.
Yes, this is definitely a problem.

At the moment those annoying pests/selfless heroes (delete as applicable), JSO are the news rather than climate change itself. That's just boring stuff for scientists.
I think this is partly but not completely true. The question is, what else can ordinary people do to make those in power listen?

Top Bottom