Just Stop P*ssing Everyone Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
And there's me thinking it was just a misspelling.

Either that or no-one has heard of Boldon. Weirdly my phone tries to autocorrect it to Bolson, wherever that is...

multitool

Either that or no-one has heard of Boldon.

I've just had a scan of Bolden on street view. Just new build cul de sacs from various decades. Not sure why they even bothered to give it a name. Could be anywhere.

Think I'd rather live in Bolton.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I've just had a scan of Bolden on street view. Just new build cul de sacs from various decades. Not sure why they even bothered to give it a name. Could be anywhere.

Think I'd rather live in Bolton.

To be fair, I'm not sure that Bolders has ever made any extravagant claims for it as a destination.

icowden

Legendary Member
Just a guess, but given that it's all around Boldon Colliery, I would imagine it's all converted mining village housing and historic buildings.

Wiki suggests my guess was good:-

There are conservation areas within the historic village centres of East and West Boldon. East Boldon is considered the more affluent sought after area of the Boldons. With a reputation competing with nearby Cleadon, East Boldon attracts a young professional family market and residents to this day have created a very much desired family, village environment. The three schools are very much sought after, they provide nursery, infants and juniors, who work together via the PTA. The village has its own community Facebook page and Friends of East Boldon Parks hold annual community events such as party in the park and Halloween trails etc. The East Boldon Scouts is one of the largest in the UK with over 200 attendees. House prices are higher than national average and sell quickly due to their desirability.

Despite the relatively small geographical area, there are a significant number of older buildings considered as being of architectural merit including churches, public houses and former country houses, as well as modern additions. St. Nicholas Church in West Boldon is a Grade I listed building; much of the stonework dates from the thirteenth century, but the foundation of the building dates from the Saxon period.[2]

The area includes a wide range of housing styles, from Edwardian villas to Victorian terraces, post-war housing to more recent smaller-scale developments. The first street built in Boldon Colliery was Cross Row (also known as Sinkers Row) which was constructed to house the men who were initially employed to sink the shaft. Several years later, other major housing projects were started and terraced housing such as that at Arnold Street and Charles Street were built.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Either that or no-one has heard of Boldon. Weirdly my phone tries to autocorrect it to Bolson, wherever that is...
Costa Rica, apparently. Street view is elusive there.
Screenshot_20230728-192352.png

Pale Rider

Veteran
Just read things properly, FFS, especially if you're going to take issue with them. Nowhere have I said it's racist to mention the Chinese or the Indians. I just said it's predictable that racists will blame them for climate breakdown. I mentioned three obvious racists as examples of people who will behave that way. Beats me why any of them need to get their all twisty-knickered about it, let alone you doing it on their behalf.

Dissembling claptrap.

I hope you've learned your lesson, but know you have not.

Top Bottom