Just Stop P*ssing Everyone Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Pretty much anything is nicer than Surrey. Contrary to popular belief, there's not even a fringe on top.

No doubt it will annoy Claud, but I'm going to explain the cultural reference because I don't think everyone will get it.

One of the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic songs from the film Oklahoma! was The Surrey with the Fringe on the Top.

The song grew legs and became a jazz standard.

View: https://youtu.be/BIG_GVE-KiE

I'm going to explain the cultural reference
No shït.
because I don't think everyone will get it.
We’re not all Sun readers.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I think you are over-selling yourself.

And, of course, inadvertently outing yourself as a mere troll.

It had to come - I'm a troll just because I disagree with the majority forum view.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Another of your standard misrepresentations, with trademark victimhood.

You've just been boasting that you annoy people, and that it is deliberate. Even your troll-fu is sub-mediocre.

Is there anything that you are good at?

You called me a troll, are you now withdrawing that having got into a bit of a muddle?

I'm good at many things, and I'm particularly good at preventing internet knackers like you from trying to shut me up.

So stop wasting your time and try to post something, anything, that is at least remotely on a topic.

Well it would seem that people do want more action taken on climate change.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...s-in-england-support-action-on-climate-crisis

Even if it does inconvenience or cost them.

But this focus group also had a quite possibly legitimate concern that.

“While this group were largely convinced of the need to take action on climate change and were quick to point to the actions they were already taking, it was when it came to our politicians and political class that they lost faith.

“Across the group, the main worry was that politicians either wouldn’t be bold and forward thinking enough to take the long-term steps necessary to reach net zero or would see it as a money-making opportunity.”
''Focus group'' that's the new buzzword for we interviewed 10/100/rarely more people we who are strictly screened beforehand to align with our preferred outcome and now we pretend it's and independent quality research performed by journalist.
Nothing further from reality

and again the ''reach zero lie'' as a farmer yourself you surely known, ''zero'' is not what you want right? because with ''zero'' you don't have plant growing and stuff.
I known that zero is actually BS very similar to emission rights it works pretty simple company A is a dirty little company burning dirty coal, to meet net zero they promise to ''offset'' they emmision, so they pay company B to do that offsetting, Company B then goes to a offsetting marketplace (simplified it hidden in all kind of BS terms, sub-companies etc. etc. ) and from there we get a lot of shifting which on paper indeed offsets emissions but in reality just make a few other people rich and stops real investments.

A real life example? The city off Amsterdam is burning Italian garbage, instead of the Italian investing in proper waste management themselves. Which contributes to Italies ''net zero'' but it's actually a ''net shift''

Top Bottom