Just Stop P*ssing Everyone Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Answer to what? If you are mystified, it's because you choose to be. You could read my post again instead of indulging the worst people on the forum with indignant misunderstanding on their behalf. And find out why Rusty is banging on about Israel while you are at it.

No need to get Bolton Lad to find out, I'm here!

Banging on? One mention? You need to get out more.

You, for some reason, introduced racism into the discussion, and I thought the comparison was obvious. One can criticise the action of a nation without necessarily being racist...or anti-Semitic in the case of Israel, as I believe you have said in the past.

Didn't answer your :scratch:last night as it was past my bedtime.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Answer to what? If you are mystified, it's because you choose to be. You could read my post again instead of indulging the worst people on the forum with indignant misunderstanding on their behalf. And find out why Rusty is banging on about Israel while you are at it.

I am not indulging anyone, I am asking if using the term “Chinese” or “Indian” or “American” is racist.

Who is Rusty?

Mr Celine

No, climate change is affected by amount of emissions not amount per capita.

Well obviously it's total global emissions that effect climate change.

But for the purpose of comparing countries and the effect that their citizens have on climate change it is per capita emissions that are relevant.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Yes, but possibly quite a helpful one to JSO as it turned out.

“But after explaining their reasoning for demanding an end to new oil and gas, the counter-protesters dispersed.”

I thought this was most likely staged; that the counter-protesters were JSO role-playing with their orange t-shirts turned inside out, 'persuaded' to the JSO cause by the weight and clarity of their argument.
Contemporary street theatre morality-play stuff. Crafty.

Last edited:

But for the purpose of comparing countries and the effect that their citizens have on climate change it is per capita emissions that are relevant.
Nope is much more important where emissions are, this is exactly where the new ''eu green deal'' goes wrong it lead to some f*ckers claiming an flat is better for the environment then a farm. While basic facts just show you that children on a farm are in general healthier than children in town centres..

Our environment is better in clearing for toxics than we give it credits for it only becomes and problem when you have thousands of people living in a very small space. which in turn also explains why man made climate change is an issue of the past +/- 150-200 years (or the foundations of current issues or laid withing that timeframe) but due to industrial revolution as due to increased overcrowding in town centres and such.

mudsticks

Squire

The per capita figure is a useful figure to have for sure, it can inform us of what's going on, and illustrate a way forward in overall reductions, and where to concentrate our efforts.
But it's the overall effect of fossil fuel heavy activities, wherever they happen, that needs addressing.

The climate recognises no national borders .

But at the same time due to inequality and topography climate change does disproportionately affect nations that have contributed the least to the problem.
That's climate injustice..

I thought this was most likely staged; that the counter-protesters were JSO role-playing with their orange t-shirts turned inside out, 'persuaded' to the JSO cause by the weight and clarity of their argument.
Contemporary street theatre morality-play stuff. Crafty.

Dargnabit, and we'd have got away with it , if it wasn't for you meddling ....

Pale Rider

Veteran
I am not indulging anyone, I am asking if using the term “Chinese” or “Indian” or “American” is racist.

Who is Rusty?

You've probably worked it out, but in @theclaud's tiny mind, it purely depends on who makes the post.

Clearly, a list of the most polluting countries is not racist.

But when I post it, it is.

A couple of people posted how dumb she was thinking, and as usual, whenever Claud is challenged she gets all cross and frustrated.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Who is Rusty?

Just read things properly, FFS, especially if you're going to take issue with them. Nowhere have I said it's racist to mention the Chinese or the Indians. I just said it's predictable that racists will blame them for climate breakdown. I mentioned three obvious racists as examples of people who will behave that way. Beats me why any of them need to get their all twisty-knickered about it, let alone you doing it on their behalf.

Top Bottom