Laurence Fox vs Mukhtar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Sense of humour?
I got the joke about all the denominations though the differences within them these days are often greater than those between them.
But the actions of climate or marxist hypocrites do not excuse those of religious ones.
No-one says it does, but the climate activists and Marxists need to take the beam out of their eye to see the speck in Robinson's, assuming he has one.
hate-preaching plastic cosplay vicar! :wacko:
Do you have specific examples of hate preaching or is this an ad hominum due to his Oxford Union speech?
It does explain that he's on a paid speaking tour in Florida, hence the Disney trip.
If this is true then it looks like the accusations against Robinson are false. I have no doubt the twitterati will be only too willing to put the record straight ...

I got the joke about all the denominations though the differences within them these days are often greater than those between them.

No-one says it does, but the climate activists and Marxists need to take the beam out of their eye to see the speck in Robinson's, assuming he has one.

Do you have specific examples of hate preaching or is this an ad hominum due to his Oxford Union speech?

If this is true then it looks like the accusations against Robinson are false. I have no doubt the twitterati will be only too willing to put the record straight ...

He was told to sling his hook by the C of E because they were horrified by his views.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

Look him up. He's a bigot. Jesus would be appalled by some of the views he holds.

He was told to sling his hook by the C of E because they were horrified by his views.

The C of E say he wasn't told to sling his hook or blocked from ordination. He left in a huff because they didn't immediately find him a suitable parish in London, which meant his ordination couldn't be confirmed. Seems like having been denied progression in the C of E he went full on with his more conservative views and made a (albeit brief) career out of it. He could have taken it on the chin and found another post elsewhere in the country but seems to have decided he'd rather be a martyr to what he perceives as wokeism and chuck his lot in with GB News. I think he'd rather be a media figure than a vicar, which is good enough reason for him not to be a vicar really.

C R

Über Member
Jesus would be appalled by the views held by many people who say they're Christian. See Jacob Rees Mogg, the Victorian's Victorian Dildo. Or what passes for Christianity over the pond.

That sounds too much like a no true Scotsman apology for christianity.

That sounds too much like a no true Scotsman apology for christianity.

Erm... you will have to explain that to me. I'm missing something here. ^_^

Sorry.

icowden

Legendary Member
Jesus would be appalled by the views held by many people who say they're Christian. See Jacob Rees Mogg, the Victorian's Victorian Dildo. Or what passes for Christianity over the pond.
True, but then he didn't really experience Christianity. It was invented as a result of his death (provided that you accept the argument that there was a Jesus and that he was a real single person and not a collection of mythos gathered together).

The point of Christianity (just like pretty much any religion) is to use superstition to control people. At the lower level it's just the niceties of communal living - don't kill each other, don't steal from each other, help each other out etc, but there is always a higher level that involves the people at the top having coercive control of those below, and usually involves the people at the top living much nicer lives thanks to those people at the bottom.

IMG_3935.jpeg

What, even the Royal Family and the Potato Council?

Top Bottom