Moderation Poll

Do you think NACA needs moderators

• Yes - based on the rules of CycleChat

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Yes - but only for the most egregious of posts (racism, swearing, nudity etc)

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • No - anything goes we are all adults and know what we signed up for.

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I didn't. How can I take responsibility for something I didn't do?

So, you're lying then.

At least that's clear.

you did say it......a few weeks ago and you know you did

jowwy

Evidence.

1660814161784.png

classic33

1. have a look between your legs and you'll find out......

2. What a farking load of utter shite....yuo should go into politics talking such bullshit, they would take to you like a duck to water
In answer to (1), I'll refer you to the post where I mentioned cancer. Cancer took what was there, leaving the waterworks only. Leaving me one step short of having to pee into a bag via a tube.
You are aware of it, I've already mentioned it on here. So now you're using it against me/having a joke at my expense. There's not much lower you can go now.

OP
OP
Milkfloat

Milkfloat

The problem some have, is that reverting to insults is their way of shutting things down. Others don't want to get involved, leaving the threads because of it.

If there's no mods at the start, can we call for them later because "grown ups" can't cope?

I agree, an obvious troll or someone with no cohesive argument could easily destroy a thread. As much as I would hope we could be grown up enough to deal with that NACA proved we cannot always. I expect that the people here are those that really want to be here because they are very unlikely to stumble across this place by accident and get a login, so hopefully everyone is willing and robust enough to be able to defend their arguments, or change their position. If we need mods then I hope we can find some kind of 24/7 coverage so that if things go out of control then locks/bans/deletions happen quickly before there is pages of cleanup required.

Regarding mods, it is impossible to find people impartial, never mind people who are contributors to the threads. I think we need a consensus of people to decide if we needs mods or not, democracy in action. Those mods should ideally be politically somewhere in the middle, although one persons middle is another's far left or right. The worst case would be two mods disagreeing and fighting it out via mod powers on the forum. This is why I think mods should be used for the worst cases only plus perhaps obvious trolling and consistent name calling.

I pretty much still agree with what I wrote when NACA got banished. Judging by the poll results 70% of people felt like we needed some form of moderation. I know that my participation has waned quite a lot since the fighting started, I guess quite a few others have given up completely.

icowden

Legendary Member
I kind of agree. I don't have an issue with people posting their opinions and debating constructively. But there is a small minority on here (mostly a minority of 1 with occasional contributions from a second) who just resort to flinging insults if their position is challenged.

By all means debate, but when backed into a corner you either have to concede the point or find new evidence.

jowwy

Perfectly reasonable post in response to your constant abuse. Nothing in comparison to the disgusting post you put up earlier.

so im not lying then??? and you think yours is a reasonable response........full of shoot and your a two faced liar

jowwy

I kind of agree. I don't have an issue with people posting their opinions and debating constructively. But there is a small minority on here (mostly a minority of 1 with occasional contributions from a second) who just resort to flinging insults if their position is challenged.

By all means debate, but when backed into a corner you either have to concede the point or find new evidence.

make that 3

1660818757721.png

and some others use some very flagrant language in replies too.....so dont just ppick on the two your thinking of.

This whole site was litter with abuse and flagrant language, long before i cam along as posted on the first post of this thread

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

There are as you say one or two posters who sling insults around and while it doesn't really add anything to the discussion beyond being a means of subjectively assessing a person's character and potential motivations and the like, it's fairly easy to let go. It is unfortunately to be expected on an unmoderated forum.

However, what's been happening recently is I think a real test of the forum community's ability to self moderate which we appear to be failing. It is all too easy to fall into the trap of responding to extreme provocation which seems to have no real goal to it. The relentless rate of it is something that's more difficult to brush off than the occasional remark that we previously had. The cynical might suggest it's a deliberate attempt to get this forum closed down, for what reason beyond the lulz I don't know and I'm not even convinced that's the aim. It's either really clever or really stupid, I'll let us all individually decide which we think it is. It would be nice if we could deal with it, make the best of the situation as it were, within the unmoderated structure of the forum but I don't know if that's possible the way things are going.

As an example, this very thread has lain dormant for the best part of a year, but here I am replying to it...

jowwy

There are as you say one or two posters who sling insults around and while it doesn't really add anything to the discussion beyond being a means of subjectively assessing a person's character and potential motivations and the like, it's fairly easy to let go. It is unfortunately to be expected on an unmoderated forum.

However, what's been happening recently is I think a real test of the forum community's ability to self moderate which we appear to be failing. It is all too easy to fall into the trap of responding to extreme provocation which seems to have no real goal to it. The relentless rate of it is something that's more difficult to brush off than the occasional remark that we previously had. The cynical might suggest it's a deliberate attempt to get this forum closed down, for what reason beyond the lulz I don't know and I'm not even convinced that's the aim. It's either really clever or really stupid, I'll let us all individually decide which we think it is. It would be nice if we could deal with it, make the best of the situation as it were, within the unmoderated structure of the forum but I don't know if that's possible the way things are going.

As an example, this very thread has lain dormant for the best part of a year, but here I am replying to it...

theres a lot more than one or two...if you want to be 100% honest. But that would upset your friends

jowwy

In answer to (1), I'll refer you to the post where I mentioned cancer. Cancer took what was there, leaving the waterworks only. Leaving me one step short of having to pee into a bag via a tube.
You are aware of it, I've already mentioned it on here. So now you're using it against me/having a joke at my expense. There's not much lower you can go now.

how long ago did you post it?? and does everyone remember post's from every individual and what the posts were about???

if you did post it, then i aplogise, as it wasnt meant in Reference to your cancer illness

Top Bottom