Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Yesterday I found an old pound coin in the zipped pocket of an infrequently used cycling top.
Ceased to be legal tender in 2017, apparently. Now I need to find a bank to swap it for a legal one. Could be fun!

I found one too, a few months ago. I keep it to use in Supermarket trolley release slot.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Ridiculous, although no more so than the litter-mountain of cut flowers and their plastic wrappings.

https://tree-nation.com/projects/in...vironmental-impact-of-the-cut-flower-industry

I shall feel appropriately guilty the next time I buy flowers at the supermarket.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yeah cos not filling your house with hothouse carnations from the Netherlands is extreme privation :rolleyes:. Do you have a garden?

Yes, quite a large garden, but I dislike gardening and have filled it with easy maintenance perrenial shrubs and bushes that do not provide a lot of cut flowers, and a lawn that is mostly moss. Some pots on the patio and in hanging baskets, but they are filled with flowers that do not always lend themselves to display in vases. We have a lot of daffodils and bluebells that come up every year but they have a very limited period for cutting.

I hate carnations. 🌷🌹🥀🌺🥀🌸

Top Bottom